Sign in to follow this  
SnakePit Lassy

fans today?

Ok.. excellent support all round.. but i want to know if anyone heard the norwich fans chanting ''Galatasary'' ? what were/are your opinions on this?

Also, opinions on singing ''dig a hole..'' after that tackle on Becchio?

Fair enough its a normal chant.. but opinions?

Apart from that.. good game :)

I didn''t hear the ''Galatasary'' thing but that is a little off - I don''t think we need to stoop to that level.  Everything else was more than fair game though.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]An absolute disgrace if there was any Galatasary/Istanbul chants, how is mocking the death of 2 young human beings banter?[/quote]I agree with this, anyone who took part such chants if they happened should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. I am up for loads of banter with opposition fans but this is going far too far.

The galatasaray chant came from just a very small minority, by small I mean 2 or 3 at most. Lets not allow such ignorance to damage a great loud display from the rest of the snakepit!

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]I totally agree.. except maybe that becchio challenge.. that might just be me though :/[/quote]The Becchio one is just standard stuff though isn''t it?  And he did get warm applause when he went off the field, in all fairness.

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]Ok.. excellent support all round.. but i want to know if anyone heard the norwich fans chanting ''Galatasary'' ? [/quote]The Leeds fans regularly sing about the "Munich Air Disaster" to Man Utd fans.  Man Utd fans have been known to sing "Matthew Harding" songs to Chelsea fans.  I agree that we shouldn''t get involved in these songs, but it''s more common than you might think.  If City fans were singing about Galatasaray then shame on them.

"Who''s that lying in the runway? who''s that dead out in the snow?" .... Who sings that one again?....  I don''t condone it, but no sympathy.

[quote user="Fellas"]"Who''s that lying in the runway? who''s that dead out in the snow?" .... Who sings that one again?....  I don''t condone it, but no sympathy.[/quote]

Know all the Munich songs from a scouse mate, they''re incredibly sick, just like the Hillsboro chants aimed at Lpool.

I just hope we never get involved in moronic chants like that

[quote user="Fellas"]"Who''s that lying in the runway? who''s that dead out in the snow?" .... Who sings that one again?....  I don''t condone it, but no sympathy.[/quote]

its matt  busby and the boys

making all the fking noise

cos they can`t get the aeroplane to go ....

oops sorry forgot myself for a minute  [:D]

Disgusting if true, I''ve never approved of our fans singing "where your prossies gone?" at Ipswich fans either.

Didn''t hear any chants. Although i don''t aprove of the Galatasary chants i think freedom is speak is important so long as people who do so take responcibility for there words. I for one was quiet disgusted by numerous Leeds fans today on the way too and from the ground fighting, mouthing off and genrally being c##ts. I now have a firm hate for Leeds i didnt have before today.

I was at the back or the Snake Pit and didn''t hear any Galatasaray chants. My personal veiw is to not stoop to their level, there was plenty of other exellent chants to wind them up with :D

Putting aside a small amount of distasteful stuff, which most of us wouldn''t have heard anyway... wasn''t it great having all round stadium singing today?

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]Putting aside a small amount of distasteful stuff, which most of us wouldn''t have heard anyway... wasn''t it great having all round stadium singing today?[/quote]oh yes. We can really make some noise when we want to :)

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]Ok.. excellent support all round.. but i want to know if anyone heard the norwich fans chanting ''Galatasary'' ? what were/are your opinions on this?

Also, opinions on singing ''dig a hole..'' after that tackle on Becchio?

Fair enough its a normal chant.. but opinions?

Apart from that.. good game :)[/quote]the galatasary had to come out...although a little below the belt...... as for the becchio chants , Wrong! Beckford " dig a hole"

SORRY

Have to admit i was singing "dig a hole etc etc" didn''t think i offended anyone near me  in the jarrold 

If i did  sorry  if you''re leeds and i offended then tough tits