Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Last nights referee "had a fine match"

Quote from the match report in todays Guardian newspaper written by Paul Weaver:

"In the end a draw was a fair result... And, whatever Huckerby said afterwards, the referee Brian Curson had a fine match in difficult circumstances."

Shocking.

Send your emails of complaint to: football.editor@guardianunlimited.co.uk.

Full match report: http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,1527,1160822,00.html

I thought it would come down to whether the ref had the guts to make some
tough decisions. Apparently not! He was watching a completely different game.
The linesman must have seen Chambers hacking down Hucks in the penalty
area too!

This report (and I have emailed the editor!) merley confirms the situation we now have with the use (or not) of the assistant referees. Last night''s pair were useless. Having some inside understanding of the process I can only assume the ref told his assistants NOT to interfere in anything except throw ins. They could not possibly have missed as much as they did! When Hucks was tackled/fouled I actually saw the linesman (or whatever they are called) look the other way! He was in line and is the man who should be brought to task. OTBC

This has to be about the most one-sided report i have ever read. Not only is it written almost exclusively from W.Broms viewpoint and ignores the many highly dubious decisions which went against City, but it also sees fit to mention FIVE of W.Broms six efforts on target and only ONE of City`s eight!

Apparently W.Brom `dominated the first half and held their own in the second`. Well, these are the stats:

Corners: City 8 W.Brom 2
Goal attempts: City 15 W.Brom 12
On target: City 8 W.Brom 6

Hardly show W.Brom dominance do they?!

I`ve emailed a complaint and i hope others will do likewise.

blimey, my favourite paper too, i cannot believe this is actually written in there

but the ref did have a fine match

if you count the number of handballs he missed (13) and i might have missed one or two myself, blatant pushing and the usual megson-fuelled off the ball niggles; wrong decisions re offside, throw ins, etc etc, the same old stuff. But this official was making incompetence into an art form, no doubt the Guardian will offer him a workshop weekend where we can all go along and learn how to be equally ''fine'' at our job too lol

i was expecting the level of total football we were treated to by megson (still a wanker i see) but the referee certainly raised the match to new levels, i cringe when i think it went out on sky!!

At least Ipswich, whatever you might say about them, will play football, after megson''s tactics and that ref, boy do we need some

and hucks, you were right mate, it was a penalty. You could have had more than one on another night.

"HAD A FINE MATCH"!!! YEAH! HE SHOULD BE BL**DY FINED!!! THE W*N@*R!!!

Sorry about the expletives Ladies & Gents, but I was so incensed with his, "I used to be indecisive now I''m not so sure" spineless, gutless and incompetent performance.

The officials were absolutely diabolical [for both sides]. His "IDEA", of stamping down his authority, was to issue the yellow card. Definately lost the plot when booking Sven, spoilt what had the makings of a good game. Yes, Worst Broom were out to hurt and I''m intrigued to know what the Refs assessor made of it all? [probably curled up with embarrassment]!

Never mind, its history now, just had to vent my already haemorraged spleen!

One would think an experienced Premiership ref would have been appointed, as there wasn''t any top flight games on last night. Roll on Sunday, just hope that decent officials are appointed! "here''s hoping"! OTBC

Even Trevor Bloomin Francis agreed he was rubbish and that a Premiership ref should have been used for what was quite obviously going to be a strongly contested game