Sign in to follow this  
Bill

To the whingers, the whiners, the doubters and the moaners

Bend your nose down towards the c**p you have been posting on this board all week and I''ll rub your noses in it.

And before anyone squeaks out that I am being less than magnanimous in victory then stop and reflect for one moment what this board would be like tonight had we have lost today.

Out from every stone would they have come. The eternal doommongers (who coincendentally don''t go to games), the ''ever so ''umble little norwich'' types and the numerous trolls who readily try to seize upon any scrap that might show us in a bad light.

Well tough. We won, yes we won. We beat the dirty Leeds. A set of fans that today proved why some of us refused to feel any sorrow for them we asked on here in the week.

So I''m off to get a skinful, then give the lovely lady in my life the kind of close attention that the Doc gave Beckford today ............... though not for 90 minutes, obviously.

Then back to the wife to watch the Football league programme. Have fun and play nicely.

good call ..should never knock a team thats flying .

hope the crop of players we have now continue with this great form ,and prove people wrong again next season.

Tell you what...

I have never, NEVER, been so tense and uptight about a Leeds game as I was this one. Forget games in Europe, cup finals, the play-off final...nope, all walks in the park, this one, this one got to me!

Couldn''t get to the game...epic sadness...but just can''t watch us if I am not there. The live stream, forget it-Sky Sports Saturday, no chance, updates on here or WOTB, nope, no way...my afternoon from 3pm was spent clearing up the kitchen, having a much longer soak than normal in the tub, cutting the bloody grass FFS, anything, no matter what, to take my mind off todays bloody match...

So the relief, the release, the joy at, finally, 4:55pm, checking the score, telling myself, again and again, "I''d take a point...I''d take a point",followed by the less optimistic "its not the end of the world if we don''t win"...OMG, and man can fly, and he can move mountains...you ******* beauties!!!!!

Stamping and storming about the house with a clenched fist, jumping up and down, shouting "yes!!" at regular, loud intervals, and letting the tensions of the week out...City 1st knows how it bothered me!...sheer joy and relief, this bloody game, this bloody club, how much more, how much more....as much as there could ever be, bring it on,bring it on...OTBC!

There were too many shrinking violets posting on here last week. It is the fans job to enjoy and be optimistic....it is lambert''s job to keep the players focussed.

Well what a pompus to$$er you come across as.-"The eternal doommongers (who coincendentally don''t go to games)"Well that is just plain bull**** for you right there, have you ever been to Carrow Road?-There''s a plenty of extremists on this board, and from this post it would appear that you''re part of the group that make up half of them. To be quite frank i find either side of this little rift utterly ridiculous.One of the two is always inevitably going to be right from one occasion to another, and one will always want to smear it in the others face. Is there just a chance that we, as human beings, don''t definitively know what is going to happen? And ''supposing'' we don''t have this ability to prophesize future, can one not allow others, as well as themselves, to speculate from time to time? Or is that just too tame and compassionate a thought for this hellfire of a forum?If we had lost tonight this board in geneal would of been rightfully concerned. Admittedly we may have had one or two like you, seeing it as a prime oppertunity to belittle the other half of the divide, and of overwhelmed this forum with a flow of unnecessarily extreme posts. But thankfully there are mostly reasonable folk around who decide to conduct themselves with an ounce of respect and dignity, and would of gone on to speculate and debate, as you do on a forum, with a variety of views as to what is going to happen to Norwich City in the future.I desperately hope you weren''t ''sober'' of mind when posting this, for the sake of your own sanity though.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Tell you what...

I have never, NEVER, been so tense and uptight about a Leeds game as I was this one. Forget games in Europe, cup finals, the play-off final...nope, all walks in the park, this one, this one got to me!

Couldn''t get to the game...epic sadness...but just can''t watch us if I am not there. The live stream, forget it-Sky Sports Saturday, no chance, updates on here or WOTB, nope, no way...my afternoon from 3pm was spent clearing up the kitchen, having a much longer soak than normal in the tub, cutting the bloody grass FFS, anything, no matter what, to take my mind off todays bloody match...

So the relief, the release, the joy at, finally, 4:55pm, checking the score, telling myself, again and again, "I''d take a point...I''d take a point",followed by the less optimistic "its not the end of the world if we don''t win"...OMG, and man can fly, and he can move mountains...you ******* beauties!!!!!

Stamping and storming about the house with a clenched fist, jumping up and down, shouting "yes!!" at regular, loud intervals, and letting the tensions of the week out...City 1st knows how it bothered me!...sheer joy and relief, this bloody game, this bloody club, how much more, how much more....as much as there could ever be, bring it on,bring it on...OTBC![/quote]And that is how the normal fan is i''m afriad City1st, and you may just have to accept that, unlike you, not everyone is the eternal optimist you seem to be, and neither are they all the doom mongers you proclaim them to be. They''re doubters, hesitant people, scared and frightened, whilst they feed on the success they so desperately relish with the elation they are rewarded with. Whatever your predictions people, no one need be ashamed tonight, just be happy and elated with what you have as a fan of a now ''successful'' football club.[Y]

Oooooh get her ! Isn''t she the angry one ?

And who, my little model of self righteous tolerance suggested " not allow others, as well as themselves, to speculate from time to time? " Perhaps you could point to the part of my post where I stated that others should be poscribed.

You won''t because you haven''t really bothered to read my post. The idea of irony, of gently pulling someone''s leg would never occur to you would it ? The give away in the last sentence or two would have been easily understood by most on here. That is those that have actually read this post without some priggish, po faced, holier than thou attitude.

And those who might have read earlier threads from me talking of watching City away at Man Utd in ''67, getting Duncan Forbes shirt taken off me by a copper away at Watford when we went up, stood tense waiting in 82 at Hillsboro, broke my heart at Fulham in 05 and many, many games in between. Sat on the grass at the Barclay in the early 70''s reading the away programme I bought each fortnight from the hut in the corner near the South Stand, broke part of my nose in the evening League cup semi final against Chelsea and shouted myself hoarse when Bruce headed home against the binners and yes, I was there today.

Maybe you might care to notice that one of those I was ragging was Old Shuck. Take a look at his post, then try and understand what is meant by banter.

So get off your high horse junior, take your A level (D) in social studies and ............ then recognise the world is not so deadly serious as you would have .................

...................... and maybe reflect on the true meaning of the word pompous and why comedians use the expression ''whoooo-ooosh in regard to humourless cretins like yourself

[quote user="City1st"]Oooooh get her ! Isn''t she the angry one ? And who, my little model of self righteous tolerance suggested " not allow others, as well as themselves, to speculate from time to time? " Perhaps you could point to the part of my post where I stated that others should be poscribed. You won''t because you haven''t really bothered to read my post. The idea of irony, of gently pulling someone''s leg would never occur to you would it ? The give away in the last sentence or two would have been easily understood by most on here. That is those that have actually read this post without some priggish, po faced, holier than thou attitude. And those who might have read earlier threads from me talking of watching City away at Man Utd in ''67, getting Duncan Forbes shirt taken off me by a copper away at Watford when we went up, stood tense waiting in 82 at Hillsboro, broke my heart at Fulham in 05 and many, many games in between. Sat on the grass at the Barclay in the early 70''s reading the away programme I bought each fortnight from the hut in the corner near the South Stand, broke part of my nose in the evening League cup semi final against Chelsea and shouted myself hoarse when Bruce headed home against the binners and yes, I was there today. Maybe you might care to notice that one of those I was ragging was Old Shuck. Take a look at his post, then try and understand what is meant by banter. So get off your high horse junior, take your A level (D) in social studies and ............ then recognise the world is not so deadly serious as you would have ................. ...................... and maybe reflect on the true meaning of the word pompous and why comedians use the expression ''whoooo-ooosh in regard to humourless cretins like yourself[/quote]

Ralph Wright.....still full of $h*te....