Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Man of the Match!

Has to be the Doc.

For all the Doherty bashers, did you watch his performance today? 

It was immense!

Cut the bloke some slack.

Oh yes and we are DEFINITELY going up

OTBC[Y]

[quote user="Squire"]I thought the whole back four were 10/10. Tremendous![/quote]

Doc & Nelson KILLED league ones player of the year!!!! For all Leeds possesion thet never looked like scoring!

Beckford spent the game so far in Pele''s pocket that he''s probably going to have to shower to get all the pocket fluff out of his hair...

Gary Doherty, the butt of so much criticism on this board for so long, did not put a foot wrong.

They did play better than us, for a lot of the game, but were never ever particularly threatening because of our defence. Also, Nelson is not as bad as many on here make (out by a million miles.)

The way Leeds played today was, IMHO, Championship standard, yet they rarely threatened. Both teams were better than the bottom half of the Championship. There was a lot of good football, although I think that both teams were stifled a bit by the importance of the occasion.

We were OK, but I have seen us play a lot better. Leeds were a different side from their last game.

P.S. They can keep Beckford. Limited skill in my opinion. 

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Doc was superb.  Such a different player these days compared to when every other touch of his resulted in a penalty.
[/quote]

When has that ever been the case? Ridiculous comment.

He''s always defended well for us and now he''s finally got a good team to go around him.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Him and Nelson were awesome.  Without them we would probably have lost that game.  Different class.
[/quote]

Totally agree.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Him and Nelson were awesome.  Without them we would probably have lost that game.  Different class.[/quote]

Totally agree.

[/quote]Well, there we are, it shows how we see the same game differently.  In the air Nelson was excellent but with the ball at his feet he looked edgy and indecisive - not the only player to do so, by any means, but I don''t think he played as well as Doc.

No, I think if I had to pick one, Doc would be my choice.  But I thought Nelson hardly did anything wrong and even with the ball at his feet, didn''t do anything stupid.  Together they had Leeds'' frontline sussed.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]No, I think if I had to pick one, Doc would be my choice.  But I thought Nelson hardly did anything wrong and even with the ball at his feet, didn''t do anything stupid.  Together they had Leeds'' frontline sussed.[/quote]That''s fair comment, and it''s not like Nelson was the only player who played panicky passes today - Doc may have played a couple too.  It looked like the pressure got to us more than Leeds - I wonder if playing at home for Leeds has become a bit toxic and it''s away from home, where they don''t have the pressure of 25,000 "fans" hurling abuse at them, that they are playing better.

Doherty was brilliant. 9/10. The only reason I am docking him a point is that he should have got that header from the corner on target. But apart from that faultless. His best game in a City shirt.

Doc for me, made Beckford look very ordinary and also gave him a sly clout and got away with it.

Doc''s performance today is why he''ll get my vote for player of the season. I know most people will opt for Holt as he''s got the goals but I think the Doc has been far more consistent than Holt who didn''t have a good game today and nearly lost his temper once again. I''m glad Doc is finally getting the recognition he deserves.

As someone has said on this thread it''s amazing how we see games differently. I thought Rusty and Smith had their least effective games for a long time although it was a difficult type of game to play in.

As far as The Doc is concerned, up until Lambert arrived I have been a big critic. The coaching staff seem to have got him to tackle much more effectively and cleanly. His distribution has been very good too. He was absolutely brilliant today and i agree it must be his best performance ever.

The question is now, can he do it in the Championship?

The answer must be, with this Manager and coaching staff I think he can and i never thought i would say that.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]The question is now, can he do it in the Championship? . [/quote]

Of course he can.  He always has been able to.

He''s played in some rubbish Norwich teams for some rubbish managers but he''s never been a bad player or bad defender for us.

Look at his career, he''s spent the best part of 10 years playing the top two tiers. He hasn''t just suddenly found his level this one season, as some people suggest. He''s playing below his level now.

Best defender at the club and best defender in this league.

Was outstanding today but so were the whole back four. Rest of the team wern''t at there best. But they didn''t need to be. Especially when Doc nodded the ball down when he was behind Beckford. I was a little worried today with the pace of Beckford but they done so well against him.

I respect your opinion GJP and you have always fought Doc''s corner but this is the only season when I have been able to relax when the ball is anywhere near him.

Anyhow this is not the time for me to revisit old debates, the fact is he now looks a decent player and I for one hope he continues this form next year. He''s a decent bloke and always gives 100%.

The other fact is we are top of the league and I''m lovin'' it