Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Player Ratings

Forster - 6. Had to make one save from about 40 yards out. Kicking was pretty poor today.

R Martin - 8. Very solid and got forward well.

Doc - 8. Had Beckford in his pocket all game.

Nelson - 8. Dealt well with everything Leeds threw at him.

Drury - 8. Great comeback.

Russell - 5. By his standards poor today.

Smith - 7. I felt he was the only midfielder fully doing his job.

Lappin - 6. Was Ok. Benifited from having Drury in the side.

Elliot - 7. The long ball game didn''t suit him but caused the Leeds defence all sorts of problems. Suprised by his pace.

Holt - 5. Should have got a straight red. Disgusting tackle with no intention of going for the ball. With that aside he was still very quiet.

McNamee - 6. We didn''t get the ball to him much.

C Martin - 7. Simply got us the goal to win the game.

Hughes - 7. Brilliant play to create the goal. A brilliant player to have on the bench.

Fans - 7. Good atmosphere but Leeds out sung us.

Lambert - 8. Felt it was a bit harsh to bring the better striker off that early but the super subs did it again to win us the game.

Ref - 7. Was ok, not very biased but both Holt and Snodgrass should have been sent off.

Didn''t think Holt was that bad and didn''t deserve a straight red might change my mind when i see it again but it looked like a tackle you see quite alot.

Hoolahan was poor today. I would give him a 6. Was trying his tricks against to good of an opposition. Really frustrating, just needed to pick some simple passes today.

Hoolahan - 5. Nowhere to be seen in the first have but slightly improved in the second. Looked a lot like last season''s Hoolahan as he barely ever passed and tried to beat players 2 or 3 times.

From where i see Holts tackle, i said to mate next to me he was going to get sent off. Very lucky.

Another concern, not sure if anyine else picked up on this, but Korey Smith went down injured and thought his way back up prob 3-4 mins before he was substituted. Hope this was nothing serious, and just precausious (sp)

[quote user="Doc s Big Nose at the Heart of the Defence"]

Forster - 6. Had to make one save from about 40 yards out. Kicking was pretty poor today.

Elliot - 7. The long ball game didn''t suit him but caused the Leeds defence all sorts of problems. Suprised by his pace.

Holt - 5. Should have got a straight red. Disgusting tackle with no intention of going for the ball. With that aside he was still very quiet.

Hughes - 7. Brilliant play to create the goal. A brilliant player to have on the bench.

Lambert - 8. Felt it was a bit harsh to bring the better striker off that early but the super subs did it again to win us the game.

Ref - 7. Was ok, not very biased but both Holt and Snodgrass should have been sent off.

[/quote]WERE YOU AT THE SAME GAME AS ME TODAY???? THE GROUND WAS ROCKING FROM START TO FINISH...FANS 10/10      HOLTS TACKLE WASNT THAT BAD JUST LATE.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Doc s Big Nose at the Heart of the Defence"]

[/quote]WERE YOU AT THE SAME GAME AS ME TODAY???? THE GROUND WAS ROCKING FROM START TO FINISH...FANS 10/10      HOLTS TACKLE WASNT THAT BAD JUST LATE.[/quote]AGREED IN NO WAY DID LEEDS OUT SING US. BUT I DID THINK HOLTS TACKLE WAS A STRAIGHT RED

I watched the game on computer stream which showed Holt''s tackle on replay and thought Holt was lucky to not get sent off.

Assuming it was that Durso guy who usually screws us over, if anything, it looked to me like he went easier on us than Leeds.

Houston Canary - Being well known on this site as a Doc knocker, you must of seen the awesome job the Doc and Nelson did today against Beckford and CO while watching on your screen?

Considering that we were mainly poor going forward yesterday and wern''t passign at at all well, its a good job we had dominant centrebacks otherwise we could of been over ran!

I addressed the Doherty play on Ricardo''s Game Report thread, grantroeder. Obviously since I was not at the game, I have no business in forming an opinion on how he played today, but go ahead and check out what I wrote. As of now, it''s the last comment made there, and is on page 2.

Sorry, Ricardos match report is a thread on here I''ve never looked at before, but thanks to your promptings Houston, I''ve had a look and what you say is spot on even though you was only looking at the game from a computer screen!

Why how good does that still feel?  An even match with us taking the spoils with a clinical finish from the best goal scorer at the club.   The defence were immense today; did not put a foot wrong despite a lot of pressure from a leeds side putting in a good performance here.  That late goal will hurt.  We were poor going forward and lost the midfield battle overall, with leeds moving the ball well but were resolute at the back.   Championes in all but mathematical certainty.

Forster 6 - V little to but was assured and gave the back 4 confidence

Martin 8 - Rarely put a foot wrong

Nelson 8 - Same as martin, strong in the air and no nonsense when needed.  His best game for the club.

Doc 9 - a true leader today;  matched Beckfords pace every time,  mastered him in the air and v unlucky not to be motm

Drury 9 - what a return,  did everything his fellow defenders did but also got forward and was overall our best attacking outlet - committed in the tackle and good with the ball.  A clear MOTM. Suffered a truly horrendous assault from Snodgrass elbow (never a yellow - always a straight red, if the ref saw it and he did for the yellow you can onlt think he bottled the decision)

Lappin 7 The best of the midfield trio,  keeping the ball better than rusty or smith and kept a far better shape. 

SMith 6 Worst offender for being out of position today - plenty of good effort but poor positioning, use of the ball and so spent too long chasing the ball without ever protecting the defence or getting a challenge in. Poor delivery of ball to Hoolahan and strikers

Rusty 6.  Not good today - given the run around and sat on the back 4s toes too often so giving their midfield time to play,  and physically out muscled too often.Poor delivery of ball to Hoolahan and strikers

Hoolahan 5 Their game plan worked. The squeezed the space and wes never got a look in but still created the best chance of the game with his dinked ball over the top for Elliott to balze over in the second half.

Holt 5 On a day when we needed to hold possession up the pitch and defend from the front his touch deserted us and he never looked like scoring. One good chance created for him in the first half with a woeful finish.

Elliott 5 His performance demonstrated what C Martin brings us that is missed when he is not there.  Elliott worked himself into the ground but did not get himself in positions to take a ball from the midfield or hold it up.  One chance.

Subs

Martin 8  Gave us so much more when he came on that just that goal.  His movement and positioning allowed us to defend further up the pitch and he held and retained possession better than Holt or Elliott.  And he just knows where the goal is.

McNamee 6 Despite going to a straight 442 we still lost out in midfield.  Worked but ineffective;  with his pace was worrying that the first thing he did was be outpaced by their left back who was runing with the ball.  A couple of good looking crosses but made without looking to see if there was anyone ready for a cross.

Hughes 7 Not on long - but showed the energy needed to pick up and the ball and get look before delivering the best cross of the day to exactly where a striker was.

hoolahan was marked out of the game, well done grayson he had obviously done his research and it worked. hoolahan will be back to normal ways next match with a lower quality of opposition.