Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

Apology

Well Willa your statement about Drury and Elliott was 100% correct and I unreservedy apologise for making fun of your post![B]

Secondly I apologise to Doc who had, in my opinion his best game for City for a long time, OUTSTANDING.

Lastly Mr Lambert you made your first error today dropping Chris Martin, we missed him for 61 mins. He gives the team a far better balance than Elliott, BUT I do apologise For what I thought, as we won anyway.

There that''s it for this season[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"]

Well Willa your statement about Drury and Elliott was 100% correct and I unreservedy apologise for making fun of your post![B]

Secondly I apologise to Doc who had, in my opinion his best game for City for a long time, OUTSTANDING.

Lastly Mr Lambert you made your first error today dropping Chris Martin, we missed him for 61 mins. He gives the team a far better balance than Elliott, BUT I do apologise For what I thought, as we won anyway.

[/quote]

Don''t be silly. Yet another master-stroke from the master tactician.

I think Lambo did get it wrong. In the first half it was clear that the boys had been briefed to play the long ball up field for Elliot to chase to out pace the Leeds defence. It didn''t really come off.. partially to good Leeds defending and partially because when it did seem to come off Holt was nowhere to be seen.That said it was totally different in the second half. I would much rather have a manager that will try something totally new for a half to try and get some goals than one who just sits in the groove he''s comfortable in.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]I think Lambo did get it wrong. In the first half it was clear that the boys had been briefed to play the long ball up field for Elliot to chase to out pace the Leeds defence. It didn''t really come off.. partially to good Leeds defending and partially because when it did seem to come off Holt was nowhere to be seen.
That said it was totally different in the second half. I would much rather have a manager that will try something totally new for a half to try and get some goals than one who just sits in the groove he''s comfortable in.
[/quote]

Score? Three points and match won. That''s all that matters. He got it right - again !

We won because of the decisions he made no doubt about it. I''m not against who he picked at all, I think CM needed to go without starting a game. Where I think Lambo got it wrong was his approach to the first half. At the end of the first half it was 0-0 so he didn''t get it right.This is after all a discussion forum, and if all that matters is that we won then all that would be left to discuss is songs that were sung and opnions of opposition fans.

Its only truely a mistake if he had done nothing to put it right, but he did so I fail to see the issue..... 1st minute or 90th, sub or not, as long as we win thats all that matters!

" discuss is songs that were sung and opnions of opposition fans."

That would be cut short by " did they sing ? " Well that''s all that matters

" were there away fans ?" Well that''s all that matters.

It does matter, we were not the better team today. Without understanding why we will not achieve much further on. I agree with giving CM a wake up call.

Leeds were well up for it, totally different to what they played against Millwall. They would have known that a defeat today could mean they would be dragged intoi the play offs and the title was going to be pretty much ours.

We were rushed today. Leeds were intent on not letting us settle and weren''t too adverse to a few ''healthy challenges either.

But aside from the technical side of things this was a game we needed to win if just for the legitimacy of winning the title by beating second placed Leeds.

Time to rev up the open top bus, methinks

[quote user="AndyCanary"]We won because of the decisions he made no doubt about it. I''m not against who he picked at all, I think CM needed to go without starting a game. Where I think Lambo got it wrong was his approach to the first half. At the end of the first half it was 0-0 so he didn''t get it right.
This is after all a discussion forum, and if all that matters is that we won then all that would be left to discuss is songs that were sung and opnions of opposition fans.
[/quote]

What really grates me is people coming on this Forum and giving the impression that they know better than the Manager. I realise that people have different opinions but the arrogance of some is beyond belief. We are 11 points clear, a few months ago we were heading for Division 4 but still we hear "Lambo got it wrong". If we were winning 1-0 at half-time and finished 1-1, would he have got it right? A simple lesson - a game lasts for 90 minutes. The number of points allocated for the result at half-time? Yes, you''ve guessed - none ! Have your opinion by all means, even if it is ridiculous, but try not to give the impression that you know more about it than the Manager.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="AndyCanary"]We won because of the decisions he made no doubt about it. I''m not against who he picked at all, I think CM needed to go without starting a game. Where I think Lambo got it wrong was his approach to the first half. At the end of the first half it was 0-0 so he didn''t get it right.
This is after all a discussion forum, and if all that matters is that we won then all that would be left to discuss is songs that were sung and opnions of opposition fans.
[/quote]

What really grates me is people coming on this Forum and giving the impression that they know better than the Manager. I realise that people have different opinions but the arrogance of some is beyond belief. We are 11 points clear, a few months ago we were heading for Division 4 but still we hear "Lambo got it wrong". If we were winning 1-0 at half-time and finished 1-1, would he have got it right? A simple lesson - a game lasts for 90 minutes. The number of points allocated for the result at half-time? Yes, you''ve guessed - none ! Have your opinion by all means, even if it is ridiculous, but try not to give the impression that you know more about it than the Manager.

[/quote]

Lambert got it right at last in ''resting'' Martin. It has been obvious for weeks that his standards had dropped, and I have been amongst those calling for this action, and getting abuse for daring to say it. It worked though didn''t it, and Martin''s goal won us the game !! 

It''s not often I have been completely at ease with what a Norwich City manager decides is best. Let''s face it we have had a run of incompetents in charge of our team and at long last we now have the real deal - in fact I find it impossible to find anything to say about him in a negative sense.

Tactically he is almost always spot on, his substitutions have almost always worked in turning round a game (if needed), he handles the media well and is obviously respected by his players. His motivation is second to none and let''s face it, someone who has played at Celtic who is always admiring and praising our support is something we must not overlook in significance. The man loves it here and that trickles down to the players and the results speak for themselves.

The downside - that he is wanted elsewhere. How long we keep him is the ONLY negative I can find. Paul Lambert, we have you to thank for transforming this club from a sad reflection of our former selves into something approaching a credible team to be proud of once again.

I am confident now in every game he leads us into. Fellow city fans, we hit gold and soon will get our reward, yesterday was another satisfying 90+ minutes on our road to the Championship.

Thank you Paul Lambert and your team.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

apology accepted and what a day still suffering but worth it

Only thing is, Willa - you will now be expected to deliver such info all the time, though the problem with that is that the opposition might cotton on!

IMO Lambert got it pretty-much spot-on yesterday - perhaps the initial idea of using Elliott to get in behind their back 4 didn''t work out in the end, but the double ''win'' was giving Chris Martin a bit of a rest/possibly a motivational ''kick'', which was not a bad idea. He hasn''t been quite at the top of his game recently, something that most people would agree to. For that reason, I didn''t see it as dropping him (and only to the bench), more a tactical decision + a giving bit of a rest.