Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Some good pictures of the game, from the Guardian

Thanks for the link....some great pictures there, especially the one after Chris Martin scored with the contrasting reactions.

Great photos BUT the caption, I believe, on 5/16 is wrong:

"Leeds really need a victory today, not only to close the gap on Norwich but to keep ahead of Millwall who are just 1 point behind Leeds in third place"

Leeds were 3 points ahead of Millwall before the game.

For lovers of mixed metaphors Paul Hayward''s report is a must-read classic:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/27/norwich-leeds-league-oneHe can''t decide whether we''ve spent our wilderness years in some tumbleweed-infested Wild West ghost town or doing a Captain Oates act in the Antarctic. But now apparently we are climbing out of a coal mine! Canaries? Coal mine??? Geddit???

Picture no.14 with Chrissy Martin celebrating the goal, with the Leeds players devestated is such a great photo.

[quote user="Stranger44"]Thanks for the link....some great pictures there, especially the one after Chris Martin scored with the contrasting reactions.[/quote]

[Y] Cracking photo.Definitely in the right place at the right time.Number 3 is slightly odd,with the hovering Leeds player.And a nice shot of the hotel!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]For lovers of mixed metaphors Paul Hayward''s report is a must-read classic:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/27/norwich-leeds-league-oneHe can''t decide whether we''ve spent our wilderness years in some tumbleweed-infested Wild West ghost town or doing a Captain Oates act in the Antarctic. But now apparently we are climbing out of a coal mine! Canaries? Coal mine??? Geddit???

[/quote]Yes and he deserves credit for being the 4,751st hack to mention Delia in one of our match reports. A recipe for success! A-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like photo 14, naturally, but there''s something about pic 3 of the teams coming out that I think just captures the moment perfectly...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I really like photo 14, naturally, but there''s something about pic 3 of the teams coming out that I think just captures the moment perfectly...
[/quote]i was going to say picture 14 is my fav...the crowd has irruputed and the Leeds players with heads and face un hands....pure quality[Y]