Sign in to follow this  
crowey66

Ginger Pele today........

I dont know about you but I thought that was the best game Doc has ever played for City.He was simply awsome and had Beckford in his pocket.Drury was excellent today as well ,but Doc should have had MoM.

Doc was superb! Just superb!Drury was brilliant too, especially as it was his first first team game in a while.Nelson I though was solid too, if a little guilty of clearing the ball poorly at times.R.Martin was good going forward too I thought, played some smart balls to Elliot.

Agreed, I''ve not always been a fan but it is impossible to be anything other than impressed with his performance today and for the later half of the season.Well done Doc!

Our defending was the best element of our team today cause we wern''t much of an attacking force cause we wern''t passing at all well!

I thought the Doc and Nelson were superb today, great stopping play and they kept Beckford very quiet!

Like I always say the Doc has been one of our best players for 5 years now and anyone that says otherwise is talking out of their backside. Particularly those who are now saying that the Doc will need to be replaced next season by Whitbread or Askou. While I think that the Championship maybe a step to far for Nelson, the Doc has done it there before and has improved under Lambert and if Whitbread was that good then why isn''t he in the team now?

Biggest urban myth round these parts is that the Doc is c r a p, which anyone whos knows their football would laugh at!

Doherty was a rock today, but grantroeder, if he is as good as you think, he won''t be with us next season as teams with bigger checkbooks will be vying for his services since his contract is up, or so I''ve been led to believe.

The Doc is as good as I say he is, otherwise I wouldn''t say it!

But of course at his age and lots of people getting taken in by all the negative stuff said about Doc, hes not going to go anywhere unless he wanted to leave then I''m sure that some Championship clubs would take him on!

If Doherty had a game like Holt did yesterday people would be calling for him to be dropped. It just goes to show how quick people have been to knock the Doc. Where as I agree he has been one of our most solid players over the last 5 years.

Thats the thing Andy, other players get their mistakes brushed under the carpet while the Doc gets hung for anything he does slightly wrong and a defeat or bad performance is normally preceived as his fault!

The only criticism was that he should have done better with the header in the 1st half - otherwise, Doc was absolutely immense. MotM easily, IMO.

People always mentioned his lack of pace, but since Lambert has been here has he got quicker ??. Yesterday he even outpaced Beckford, and this is the player that did Vidic and Ferdinand for pace. I am not for one minute compareing Doc with Vidic or Ferdinand, I am just saying has he got quicker or is he doing something else different?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Doherty was a rock today, but grantroeder, if he is as good as you think, he won''t be with us next season as teams with bigger checkbooks will be vying for his services since his contract is up, or so I''ve been led to believe.[/quote]Or maybe he''ll sign a new 2 year deal at Carrow Road and you can go on bitching about him while he gets on with his work quietly and without fuss, letting you make yourself look like a prize twunt.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]People always mentioned his lack of pace, but since Lambert has been here has he got quicker ??. Yesterday he even outpaced Beckford, and this is the player that did Vidic and Ferdinand for pace. I am not for one minute compareing Doc with Vidic or Ferdinand, I am just saying has he got quicker or is he doing something else different?[/quote]

Lets not exaggerate here. It was Wes Brown and Jonny Evans. An altogether different proposition.

The one you are referring to was when Beckford couldnt control that bouncing ball and Doherty got back at him. I don''t think he has necessarily got quicker but we just seem to be able to avoid putting our defence in situations where it is a straight foot race. As obviously Nelson and the Doc are not the quickest across the ground. Leeds seems to be playing an awful lot of long balls which Nelson and Doc will win all day. In terms of  aerial ability there can''t be many more commnading centre backs in the division.

Should also add that him and Nelson were immense yesterday. Doc was 9/10 and Man of the match for me. Only blemish was that he should have got the header on target from that corner at the River End. Flawless otherwise.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Our defending was the best element of our team today cause we wern''t much of an attacking force cause we wern''t passing at all well!

I thought the Doc and Nelson were superb today, great stopping play and they kept Beckford very quiet!

Like I always say the Doc has been one of our best players for 5 years now and anyone that says otherwise is talking out of their backside. Particularly those who are now saying that the Doc will need to be replaced next season by Whitbread or Askou. While I think that the Championship maybe a step to far for Nelson, the Doc has done it there before and has improved under Lambert and if Whitbread was that good then why isn''t he in the team now?

Biggest urban myth round these parts is that the Doc is c r a p, which anyone whos knows their football would laugh at!

[/quote]

Houston won''t be laughing

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Doherty was a rock today, but grantroeder, if he is as good as you think, he won''t be with us next season as teams with bigger checkbooks will be vying for his services since his contract is up, or so I''ve been led to believe.[/quote]

Norwich have a One year option on doherty, i think they are just waiting to confirm promotion before activiating it, we would have to make massive cuts next year if we dont go up. so in about 2 weeks i`d expect the evening news to report the contract to be extended!!!

Doc was immense, but I really hope he lets Beckford out of his pocket in time for Leeds'' next game, because they''ll never score then!