Sign in to follow this  
City penguin

Re: It seems leeds wernt impressed with our atmosphere

[quote user="City penguin"]yeah did see that when i started mine![/quote]i wasnt being the forum police lol...they are very very bitter and i hope they continue to rot in league 1..they are the classic case of being to BIG a club to go down or to be in league 1....with every passing game i love to see their results...lose or draw[;)]

I defy any Barclay fan of the seventies and eighties to not understand the sentiments of the post and in some way not agree with it.

im too young to know about the 70s or 80s but i do agree with some of the sentiments expressed, i dislike the prawn sandwich and firmly believe that terracing should be brought back. However my main problem was that of him slagging of the atmosphere as although i couldnt make the game ive been told was electric.

[quote user=City penguin]im too young to know about the 70s or 80s but i do agree with some of the sentiments expressed, i dislike the prawn sandwich and firmly believe that terracing should be brought back. However my main problem was that of him slagging of the atmosphere as although i couldnt make the game ive been told was electric.[/quote]thats an understatement[;)]   best i have known[Y]

In response to The Gut.

I was in the Barclay during the 70s/80s, and still am today.

Too right, I do understand the sentiment about the changing nature of football support, but in essence the post from the Leeds ''supporter'' on a Leeds forum is just sour grapes from a bad loser. He would do well to look at himself as a supporter before decrying others and their supporting habits.

I would imagine from his thoughts he remembers the time when Leeds meant something in the football world. Let''s face it, we were more successful than we are now during that era, but as many have said before football has changed. Some of us can see it and embrace the changes, personally I don''t like some of them, but applaud others, as in much of life, it''s all about what you make it. Yesterday I was proud to be a city fan, I love my club and show my appreciation in my way and have done all my supporting life.

However yesterday the atmosphere was good, if Elland Road has equalled, or bettered yesterday we have to wonder just why Leeds'' season has faltered. After all, if the Leeds support is so great, just why are they where they are? Or do they consider they have played no part at all in their downfall, yes, it''s simple to blame their current plight (status) on the modern world of football. Certainly some of their behaviour was straight out of the 70s, particularly on leaving CR.

Is Carrow Road a prime example of sanitised football? I think not. A suggestion to the Leeds fan, take a look at some of the empty stadiums currently playing to Championship crowds, and indeed closer to home - is Elland Road full of passionate ''real'' fans supporting their team to the end? Like it was on Monday v Millwall?

Norwich City cannot be alone in having supporters in his quoted middle age and middle class bracket, I have visited practically every ground in every league and there are marked differences, certainly, but most fans want the best for their team and some clubs I really worry about. Leeds is one of them. Giant chips on shoulders need urgent remedies, it''s not NCFC and their fan base which really matters to Leeds, but the reasons why they are still in this division, despite their supposed superiority.

Yesterday for this fan it got just about as bad as it can get, beaten well and truly, in six short months by a southern middle class club. Leeds, you are the new Wolves.