Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Leeds WILL Win Saturday

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]If you look back at alot of my posts you will find ive been correct on the big topics like relegation, Bryan Gunn as manager ( any one remeber the stick i got for saying it would go pear shaped? ) Wes Hoolahan etc! Im no Binner and some of the posts slating me are a bit much i think! Im a lifelong city fan and incredibly nervous about todays game and IMO ( which is what this board is about ) we will lose.[/quote]

I had no doubt that you were a Norwich fan because you wouldn''t have been posting about topics that you care about all season if you weren''t.

But still don''t understand how you could bet on us losing - you naughty boy!!

[/quote]

just becuase if we do lose i find it makes it a little easier! £200 is profit from previous bets anyway so its not as though its coming straight out of my back pocket

One thing i don''t feel today is most certainly confidence, more agitation and worry. However the last time i felt similar to this, we managed to win 5-0, so i won''t doubt theres an underlying degree of expectancy.If Leeds play football, and start with the likes of Beckford, Watt and and Gradel, our defence are more or less done for in my eyes, as they simply can''t deal with that sort of pace and ability (that is supposing we play both Nelson and Doherty). We really need to keep the ball in our posession, and unleash hellish pressure upon their players (with a dose of discipline) when we don''t have it, and hopefully in time they will submit to our superior determination, and just subside.The likes of Russell and Smith, and the entire defence will have to be at their top of their game if we aim to compete today, in hope of getting a result, against a side that has a lot of strong Championship standard assetts, that may just be exiting a rut in form (the ol'' "wounded animal" cliche''). The performances of the rest of the team, if built upon the strong foundations of a good defence, will follow on and determine whether it is a draw or a win that we get.It''s going to be extremely tough today, and anyone seeing it as a "one way" contest will be brought crashing back down to earth in the course of the 90 minutes of football played on the Carrow Road turf after 3pm, of that i have no doubt.

On another note, no team alphabetically beyond ''N'' is playing at home today in League One... How about that? [:|]

Good post, I agree with you on your points.. and the last fact was pretty interesting :pbut, come on guys, less posts in this thread now and get on to the match thread and get supporting our team!

Lincoln was unlucky, for most of the game we were second best and I thought Leeds were most likely to score, I''m starting to think football is 10% a good team and manager and 90% luck

[quote user="Notts Canary"]Lincoln was unlucky, for most of the game we were second best and I thought Leeds were most likely to score, I''m starting to think football is 10% a good team and manager and 90% luck
[/quote]

I thought it was about putting the ball in the net.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Im sorry guys but i firmly believe leeds will win saturday. Im pretty sure we will go up but i think that being so far ahead of the chasing pack will lead to us taking the foot of the gas. Too many fans are predicting an easy game and win saturday, i just hope none of the players feel the same. Unfortunately its only natural that 1 or 2 of the players will already be thinking its a game already won due to leeds current bad form and for that reason i think we will struggle. If Leeds beat us and Millwall win are lead will not look so rosey then.

I know im being negative but i just have this horrible feeling we could have peaked too soon and will finish by crawling over the line. Alot can happen in 9 games!

[/quote]

Always look on the bright side of life!

Suck on it, Lincoln!That''s what you get for betting against your team! Dickhead

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

Im sorry guys but i firmly believe leeds will win saturday.[/quote]

Oh well.

[/quote]

Hahahahaha post of the month without a doubt!

Yup, I really hope that £200 was worth it....[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Blsx_6dnFT4/SAYoTOnhNwI/AAAAAAAAAjs/Ce4Ea9Z1TMM/s400/fail.jpg[/img]

As a Leeds fan I would probably be thinking the same!

But the reason you won is because of your fantastic manager. You were fully prepared for everything we threw at you (which was a only a lot of possession, not many chances) and still ground out the win.

You guys are very lucky to have Lambert!

[quote user="willynaylor"]As a Leeds fan I would probably be thinking the same! But the reason you won is because of your fantastic manager. You were fully prepared for everything we threw at you (which was a only a lot of possession, not many chances) and still ground out the win. You guys are very lucky to have Lambert![/quote]

...No, we are very lucky to have the true ''Messiah''...

...and not Master Bates...

I think, at least in part, its also down to having more than one striker who can do the business, and having both of them care about their jobs.  Beckford looked so uninterested yesterday its hard to see how he''s going to justify any move upwards in the summer, especially if he''s already signed a contract as rumoured.  If I was a manager, I''d be taking one look at yesterday''s ''performance'' and concluding no thanks... Sure Doherty had him wrapped up in his pocket as Pele had one of his best games for the club in his 5 years of service... but Beckford did make it that little bit easier for him...

I was wrong!! and the humble pie tastes very good! Although we were second best yesterday and leeds could easily have won. But im delighted we won and i think i can finally accept were going up and leaving leeds in this terrible league.

I do feel all the abuse ive recieved is a tad harsh though ( d*ckhead, t*at etc ) this board is meant for people to air there opinions whether they are negative or positive. I never started this post to incite fellow city fans! as for the £200 quid it was money from previous winnings so i didnt really end up out of pocket, and like i said if somebody could have guranteed me a norwich victory against leeds and in the current circumstances i would have paid £200 for it to happen!

"this board is meant for people to air there opinions whether they are negative or positive"

That''s what the others were doing - airing their opinions. Maybe they felt you were being harsh on City tby your stating that they would lose.

" finally accept were going up "

I think you''ll find we still are