Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Leeds WILL Win Saturday

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Unfortunately the only teams we have played recently that resemble a team of championship standard similar to ourselves and leeds is Southampton and Millwall and we lost both games.[/quote]

Leeds lost to them both as well though.  So I don''t really see the relevance.

Really, at the end of it all, Leeds are currently the second best team in the league - the table never lies (except in the case of points deductions).  So some perspective is required - they won''t be a walkover, they still have good players, a good manager and (like it or not) tremendous away support.  The difference is we have got the momentum and they haven''t - so from that point of view we are probably the favourites to win.  But it won''t be easy and the mentality of both sets of players is key.  You would certainly expect Leeds to be well up for it and it is crucial for them they get a result - more so than us.

However we are the best team in the division and are capable of beating anybody.  There is no reason we can''t win and we should be looking to win... but write Leeds off at your peril.  They have had a bad run and have players missing but I still think they, and we, will go up, immaterial of tomorrow''s result (as much as I''d love for them to miss out again).

Pessimism is a trait that has been ingrained into Norwich fans for many of the last seasons.

There will always be those who will think the worst when we are at our best.

Opinions of the game are best left until 16:45 on Saturday.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]He''s got previous. This is the guy who posted as "golden coppell" pretending to be a Reading fan. No credibiltiy whatsoever and best ignored.[/quote]Too right Beauseant, here''s an example of his earlier work...........

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1499685/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

What is this nonsence?! I am not and never have been golden coppell!

[/quote]

Page 4 of this old thread suggests otherwise. You have been rumbled AGAIN.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]He''s got previous. This is the guy who posted as "golden coppell" pretending to be a Reading fan. No credibiltiy whatsoever and best ignored.[/quote]Too right Beauseant, here''s an example of his earlier work...........

[/quote]

[/quote]

Page 4 of this old thread suggests otherwise. You have been rumbled AGAIN.

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/4/1559273/ShowPost.aspx#1559273

[/quote]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Oh dear,  some not nice comments there [:(]

I honestly cant believe some of the comments on this site!you would think that a lot of people on here want us to fail,just so they can have a good old moan about it!!

they remind me of some of the people that come in my local when England are playing,they cheer the team on ,but secretly want them to lose,so they can moan about it"I told you I told you they were going to lose"

we will win tomorrow ,it wont be pretty,but we will win

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]It''s probably worth noting (if it hasn''t been already) that the last game built up to such a level of hype and importance was Colchester United away.[/quote]

ahh but if i recall we were the ones under pressure to avenge the 7-1 defeat? Col who had no pressure what so ever, and look what happened!!

[/quote]Well yes, that''s exactly what I''m saying.  This team responds extremely well under pressure, and make no mistake, they will be under a hell of alot of pressure to beat Leeds tomorrow.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, but you have generally been negative Lincoln. There are all kinds of threads to support that. I know you are a Norwich fan and you want us to win, as we all do. However, I find it difficult to comprehend any circumstance where I would be prepared to wager 200 pounds against my own team so as to "soften the blow."

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, but you have generally been negative Lincoln. There are all kinds of threads to support that. I know you are a Norwich fan and you want us to win, as we all do. However, I find it difficult to comprehend any circumstance where I would be prepared to wager 200 pounds against my own team so as to "soften the blow."

[/quote]Lets be honest though Yankee, looking at what he wrote back then was mostly right, we did deserve relegation and it was probably a blessing in disguise and in hindsight I''m glad we didn''t stay up, it brought about a change for the better imo [:)]

[quote user="Askounin"]There''s only one game in this leagure this week thats a certainty and thats Millwall v Stockport[/quote]Nailed on draw.Always surprising results at this stage of the season.

"Too many fans are predicting an easy game"

Lincoln Binner

Where are these mythical posts you and the rest of your fellow travellers keep bleating about. No genuine City fans thinks it is going to be an easy winner.

Genuine City fans know that we have a good squad, have the strength of mind to win and that Leeds are not at their best at the moment - but that''s a;;.

So why not actually post up something that has/is happening rather than posting up imagined shite just so that you can knock it down.

As to you placing £200 on us losing on the suggesting you will be happy if City win because you will have lost £200 is about as believable as the rest of your invented twaddle.

some people are just attention seeking tw*ts, i dont want to read your shi*t that leeds will win, if you knew anything about football, which you clearly dont i may add, leeds are in awful form, they have won 3 games in 14 this year in the league....... i am sure you go to every game being in lincon, did you watch the millwall leeds game? becuase if you did you would know they have not got a chance tomorrow, i am looking forward to hearing your sh*t tomorrow at 5pm

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[:|]I give up!!! as i''ve asked on other posts WHY? we are the form team Leeds are struggling big time,i just don''t get it!!!!

[/quote]

Listen mate i dont argue that what PL has done is fantastic, and what norwich have done is consistantly beat League one teams. Unfortunately the only teams we have played recently that resemble a team of championship standard similar to ourselves and leeds is Southampton and Millwall and we lost both games. This added to the over confidence of fans and potentially players is why i think we will lose

[/quote]

We also beat millwall a few weeks earlier! ..Yes we did lose form around late jan/feb but and wasnt playing "championship" footy as you call it,including the southamton match,though who knows what wouldve happened had russ not been sent off at 1 nil down..but since then the performances have got increasingly better and i dont buy this,the opposition standard crp,as you can only play whats in front of you..We did outplay leeds at elland road,as most leeds fans agree,though we may not have created out and out chances,lamberts plan was to keep it tight while playing them off the park,and with the chances we did get,score..the match against col ewe WAS a pressure match for them as well due their mouthy chairmen..And though anything can happen tomorrow,it will not define our season..Tomorrow maywell be a edgy mistake ridden bore as both have reasons not to lose,and as most intelligent pundits say this is the hardest league 1 in years,and us being top of that,with some to spare,just goes to prove what we have achieved so far...And lastly,on other rival message boards like charlton and even leeds,both have said at some stage,come next season Norwich look like the only team that wont need a major overhaul in the summer if they/we are in the championship...To the poster about betting against norwich,i know a guy who im meeting after the match,in the eve who also placed £50 on leeds and £12 on the draw ..to soften any blow,though he wants to lose the money,his reasoning is,he couldve got the time off work it wouldve cost him that amount and it will help him drown his sadness with beers,if we fail..though i think he has lost his money so we will both be happy anyway..But the best odds he could get was 9/4 for the win and similar for draw,so who the hell is your bookie?

Hucks said in today''s EDP he thinks we''ll win... therefore we''re going to be winning.

Hucks doesn''t lie!!!

:P

and from what i saw when leeds played millwall ,leeds looked completely knackered after about 60 minutes and city get stronger because our fittness is uch better .

leeds would not be in the top 3 if it was not for beckford ... thats proven now . beckfords unhappy and leeds are falling at rapid pace .

if leeds turned over norwich i would be stunned especially considering we have the best home form in the leauge .

Im sorry guys but i firmly believe leeds will win saturday. Im pretty sure we will go up but i think that being so far ahead of the chasing pack will lead to us taking the foot of the gas. Too many fans are predicting an easy game and win saturday, i just hope none of the players feel the same. Unfortunately its only natural that 1 or 2 of the players will already be thinking its a game already won due to leeds current bad form and for that reason i think we will struggle. If Leeds beat us and Millwall win are lead will not look so rosey then.

I know im being negative but i just have this horrible feeling we could have peaked too soon and will finish by crawling over the line. Alot can happen in 9 games!

[/quote]Have not read any of these posts but feel inclined to say " you are a tw@t"

We will give Leeds thrashing tomorrow, this team under Lambert seems pretty good at revenge missions and handling expectations. All the pressure is on them, and some pressure it is too. It''s all about momentum. We have it and they certainly don''t. If they overturn the form book somehow and win then they deserve to go up (in second place).

[quote user="Lambo"]Hucks said in today''s EDP he thinks we''ll win... therefore we''re going to be winning. Hucks doesn''t lie!!! :P[/quote]

On the Lakey video he says it''ll be a 2-2 draw. Fleming went for 2-1. I''m going for a 4-1 second half demolition (0-1 Leeds at the break). Revenge!!!!!!!!

And within reason so what. Should we lose cant see it effecting our season, we will just be more determined. Should we win it will be all over bar the shouting. Leeds are the only team that have to win tomorrow, defeat for them will probably see them in the playoffs. The strange thing is because of the position we have got ourselves into, this is like a free game to finish them all off rather than take a few more weeks. So realistically your post does not mean a lot unless we completely capitulate after this game. So much pressure on Leeds if they win they will deserve to go up, but I cant see us losing. If we did lose minimum 8 points clar of 3rd and 5 points clear of Leeds - think I would have settled for that prior to our March fixtures.

So if you are a binner trying to wind us up, forget it and come back and join in our promotion celebraations next month

[quote user="book end"]

[quote user="Lambo"]Hucks said in today''s EDP he thinks we''ll win... therefore we''re going to be winning. Hucks doesn''t lie!!! :P[/quote]

On the Lakey video he says it''ll be a 2-2 draw. Fleming went for 2-1. I''m going for a 4-1 second half demolition (0-1 Leeds at the break). Revenge!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

3-0 Norwich Holt hattrick.

Lincoln, you are someone who has said we''ll lose just to soften the blow if we do or be happier if we win. Its classic ''Football fan'' psychology.

Either way you are a bit of a psycho!  

[quote user="bristol_canary"]In my opinion you are one of 3 things:

1. A Binner
2. A Leeds fan
3. A mystic meg wannabe

I dont think any of the players will think that the game is already won, and im sure they will all be fired up for this one. The pressure is on leeds to get a win here so it should be an open game and we are the more likely of the 2 teams to finish our chances.

[/quote]

I think he''s a Norwich fan as he''s been posting all season about various stuff, like Jamie was at Lincoln training ground and had signed for them, he doesn''t like the new kit and then this long one about fans moaning on this site

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1825108/ShowPost.aspx

Having said all that I couldn''t ever bet against my team losing , never ever.

Im sorry guys but i firmly believe leeds will win saturday. Im pretty sure we will go up but i think that being so far ahead of the chasing pack will lead to us taking the foot of the gas. Too many fans are predicting an easy game and win saturday, i just hope none of the players feel the same. Unfortunately its only natural that 1 or 2 of the players will already be thinking its a game already won due to leeds current bad form and for that reason i think we will struggle. If Leeds beat us and Millwall win are lead will not look so rosey then.

I know im being negative but i just have this horrible feeling we could have peaked too soon and will finish by crawling over the line. Alot can happen in 9 games!

[/quote]

Was it the same topic liked "Xara will make our home kit" a few weeks ago? ;-)

We are not a shirt, we are football club, the game not kick off yet, we are still have 50% to win the game.

Easy win for City ;) The OP does nothing but moan, but I certainly can''t dis him for the bet. I learnt from an early age to bet with your head not your heart. Although I cannot conceave City losing

leeds rely totally on snodgrass and beckford is dangerous because of his pace and nothing else.we have much more quality and im going for a 4-1 city win holt 2 hoolahan and martin with a beckford probably scoring with a spawny miskick. I dont rate beckford he is awful technically and can actually control further than i can kick it otbc

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="bristol_canary"]In my opinion you are one of 3 things:

1. A Binner
2. A Leeds fan
3. A mystic meg wannabe

I dont think any of the players will think that the game is already won, and im sure they will all be fired up for this one. The pressure is on leeds to get a win here so it should be an open game and we are the more likely of the 2 teams to finish our chances.

[/quote]

I think he''s a Norwich fan as he''s been posting all season about various stuff, like Jamie was at Lincoln training ground and had signed for them, he doesn''t like the new kit and then this long one about fans moaning on this site

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1825108/ShowPost.aspx

Having said all that I couldn''t ever bet against my team losing , never ever.

[/quote]

And apart from calling doc a weak link i was correct about everything in that post!

If you look back at alot of my posts you will find ive been correct on the big topics like relegation, Bryan Gunn as manager ( any one remeber the stick i got for saying it would go pear shaped? ) Wes Hoolahan etc! Im no Binner and some of the posts slating me are a bit much i think! Im a lifelong city fan and incredibly nervous about todays game and IMO ( which is what this board is about ) we will lose.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]If you look back at alot of my posts you will find ive been correct on the big topics like relegation, Bryan Gunn as manager ( any one remeber the stick i got for saying it would go pear shaped? ) Wes Hoolahan etc! Im no Binner and some of the posts slating me are a bit much i think! Im a lifelong city fan and incredibly nervous about todays game and IMO ( which is what this board is about ) we will lose.[/quote]

I had no doubt that you were a Norwich fan because you wouldn''t have been posting about topics that you care about all season if you weren''t.

But still don''t understand how you could bet on us losing - you naughty boy!!