Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Leeds WILL Win Saturday

Im sorry guys but i firmly believe leeds will win saturday. Im pretty sure we will go up but i think that being so far ahead of the chasing pack will lead to us taking the foot of the gas. Too many fans are predicting an easy game and win saturday, i just hope none of the players feel the same. Unfortunately its only natural that 1 or 2 of the players will already be thinking its a game already won due to leeds current bad form and for that reason i think we will struggle. If Leeds beat us and Millwall win are lead will not look so rosey then.

I know im being negative but i just have this horrible feeling we could have peaked too soon and will finish by crawling over the line. Alot can happen in 9 games!

[:|]I give up!!! as i''ve asked on other posts WHY? we are the form team Leeds are struggling big time,i just don''t get it!!!!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[:|]I give up!!! as i''ve asked on other posts WHY? we are the form team Leeds are struggling big time,i just don''t get it!!!!

[/quote]

It''s too good to be true syndrome. The question is, is it actually too good to be true? This is where people''s opinions differ.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

Listen mate i dont argue that what PL has done is fantastic, and what norwich have done is consistantly beat League one teams. Unfortunately the only teams we have played recently that resemble a team of championship standard similar to ourselves and leeds is Southampton and Millwall and we lost both games. This added to the over confidence of fans and potentially players is why i think we will lose

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Im sorry guys but i firmly believe leeds will win saturday. Im pretty sure we will go up but i think that being so far ahead of the chasing pack will lead to us taking the foot of the gas. Too many fans are predicting an easy game and win saturday, i just hope none of the players feel the same. Unfortunately its only natural that 1 or 2 of the players will already be thinking its a game already won due to leeds current bad form and for that reason i think we will struggle. If Leeds beat us and Millwall win are lead will not look so rosey then.

I know im being negative but i just have this horrible feeling we could have peaked too soon and will finish by crawling over the line. Alot can happen in 9 games!

[/quote]

Who knows? Any result is posiible, but this "Leeds WILL win on Saturday" is sublime rubbish. If you are so certain then put your life''s savings on the result, Otherwise belt up.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]This added to the over confidence of fans and potentially players is why i think we will lose[/quote]This is the argument that I really struggle to grasp. How exactly will overconfident fans affect the result?Would it improve our chances of winning if I give up smoking and don''t have a few pints at lunchtime before the match too?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

Who knows? Any result is posiible, but this "Leeds WILL win on Saturday" is sublime rubbish. If you are so certain then put your life''s savings on the result, Otherwise belt up.

[/quote]

well my life savings would be insane im sure you''ll agree, But you''ll be pleased to know that i have placed £200 on leeds to win on odds at just under 3/1. I would pay £200 for norwich to win so i cant lose............ unless of cause its a draw then i suppose i do lose!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

I think Lambert will be making sure that NO players think that way. He has both feet cemented to the ground. He will prepare his team like any other game this season!!!!!

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="lincoln canary"]This added to the over confidence of fans and potentially players is why i think we will lose[/quote]

This is the argument that I really struggle to grasp.

How exactly will overconfident fans affect the result?

Would it improve our chances of winning if I give up smoking and don''t have a few pints at lunchtime before the match too?

[/quote]

Overconfidence can be infectious and if it leads to the players being overconfident then we can have a direct effect.

Are you a Leeds fan in disguise?Leeds will come out fighting looking for the result but we need to come out fighting too & want it more than them.We are in form,Leeds are not,which is why there will be more confidence in our players & a belief that we can smash them.The skills are there,we need to concentrate for the full 90 minutes+ this week.An early goal for us & we could steamroller them.Positive thoughts & words at this time not negative ones please.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

well my life savings would be insane im sure you''ll agree, But you''ll be pleased to know that i have placed £200 on leeds to win on odds at just under 3/1. I would pay £200 for norwich to win so i cant lose............ unless of cause its a draw then i suppose i do lose!

[/quote]

You must be in the running for Aviva Fan of the season betting against your own team,sorry but i think it''s pathetic and i hope you loose the lot but each to his own i suppose!

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="lincoln canary"]This added to the over confidence of fans and potentially players is why i think we will lose[/quote]

This is the argument that I really struggle to grasp.

How exactly will overconfident fans affect the result?

Would it improve our chances of winning if I give up smoking and don''t have a few pints at lunchtime before the match too?

[/quote]

If your playing, it might well do. But i do have a bad feeling about this, purely because we are so confident it will be easy. Its just are luck that they will beat us and rediscover there form. Still sure we will go up easily though.

In my opinion you are one of 3 things:1. A Binner2. A Leeds fan3. A mystic meg wannabeI dont think any of the players will think that the game is already won, and im sure they will all be fired up for this one. The pressure is on leeds to get a win here so it should be an open game and we are the more likely of the 2 teams to finish our chances.

How can you think that our players are believing this game is already won? If anything, this is the most important game of the season, we can''t afford to lose it!I think we will win, not easily, but we will because this is the highlight of our season. If we win here, the title or more importantly promotion is well within grasp. Lambert will not pick players who think they''ve already won the league to play.. Stop being so negative and get behind the team!

I must admit that I also really do see Leeds winning this. I know we are in form and Leeds aren''t, but after that defeat to Millwall and the way things currently stand in the table, I reckon that Leeds are going to put up one hell of a fight. I would more than accept a point, it''s just like last Saturday - Swindon are in good form and I saw us losing that as well.

[quote user="HazzaJet"]I must admit that I also really do see Leeds winning this. I know we are in form and Leeds aren''t, but after that defeat to Millwall and the way things currently stand in the table, I reckon that Leeds are going to put up one hell of a fight. I would more than accept a point, it''s just like last Saturday - Swindon are in good form and I saw us losing that as well.[/quote]Do you see us winning ANYTHING?

[quote user="bristol_canary"]In my opinion you are one of 3 things:

1. A Binner
2. A Leeds fan
3. A mystic meg wannabe

I dont think any of the players will think that the game is already won, and im sure they will all be fired up for this one. The pressure is on leeds to get a win here so it should be an open game and we are the more likely of the 2 teams to finish our chances.

[/quote]

He''s got previous. This is the guy who posted as "golden coppell" pretending to be a Reading fan. No credibiltiy whatsoever and best ignored.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="bristol_canary"]In my opinion you are one of 3 things:

1. A Binner
2. A Leeds fan
3. A mystic meg wannabe

I dont think any of the players will think that the game is already won, and im sure they will all be fired up for this one. The pressure is on leeds to get a win here so it should be an open game and we are the more likely of the 2 teams to finish our chances.

[/quote]

He''s got previous. This is the guy who posted as "golden coppell" pretending to be a Reading fan. No credibiltiy whatsoever and best ignored.

[/quote]

No credibility?  Leave it out mate your being pathetic! Most of the tripe that comes from your posts is usually best ignored.

[quote user="Lineo"][quote user="HazzaJet"]I must admit that I also really do see Leeds winning this. I know we are in form and Leeds aren''t, but after that defeat to Millwall and the way things currently stand in the table, I reckon that Leeds are going to put up one hell of a fight. I would more than accept a point, it''s just like last Saturday - Swindon are in good form and I saw us losing that as well.[/quote]Do you see us winning ANYTHING?[/quote]YES, I do. If we win tomorrow I see us winning the title and most of our remaining fixtures, except possibly the ones against MK Dons, Charlton, and Bristol Rovers (which I see more as score draws)

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

Listen mate i dont argue that what PL has done is fantastic, and what norwich have done is consistantly beat League one teams. Unfortunately the only teams we have played recently that resemble a team of championship standard similar to ourselves and leeds is Southampton and Millwall and we lost both games. This added to the over confidence of fans and potentially players is why i think we will lose

[/quote]

We TOTALLY outplayed Leeds at their place and only a goalkeeping mistake gave them the points, we beat Millwall at our place, we took a point off Southampton at theirs and could have won it, we are the only team to beat Huddersfield away, we thrashed Col Who 5-0, and we took 4 points off a side that beat the Saints away and Leeds 3-0 at home..... LAMBERT OUT!

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You must be in the running for Aviva Fan of the season betting against your own team,sorry but i think it''s pathetic and i hope you loose the lot but each to his own i suppose!

[/quote]

Really? Ive always backed the opposition in big games then you can never really lose! if norwich win i will be over the moon, and if leeds win i will be gutted but i will have a nice little earner to soften the blow! am i really the only person to do this?? Lets make this clear i only want norwich to win!

[quote user="Mike Grant"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We TOTALLY outplayed Leeds at their place and only a goalkeeping mistake gave them the points, we beat Millwall at our place, we took a point off Southampton at theirs and could have won it, we are the only team to beat Huddersfield away, we thrashed Col Who 5-0, and we took 4 points off a side that beat the Saints away and Leeds 3-0 at home..... LAMBERT OUT!

[/quote]

Whilst we had more possession than them, they created a number of clear cut chances late on did they not? We didn''t really create anything. In fact as I remember it, it was the reverse of a lot of our games now, i.e. we looked good all game then an individual error cost us. We''re top of the league because we beat teams in this manner.

[quote user="Beauseant"]He''s got previous. This is the guy who posted as "golden coppell" pretending to be a Reading fan. No credibiltiy whatsoever and best ignored.[/quote]Too right Beauseant, here''s an example of his earlier work...........

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1499685/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good luck then. Either way. Let''s hope it doesn''t end up a draw.

It''s probably worth noting (if it hasn''t been already) that the last game built up to such a level of hype and importance was Colchester United away.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]It''s probably worth noting (if it hasn''t been already) that the last game built up to such a level of hype and importance was Colchester United away.
[/quote]

ahh but if i recall we were the ones under pressure to avenge the 7-1 defeat? Col who had no pressure what so ever, and look what happened!!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]He''s got previous. This is the guy who posted as "golden coppell" pretending to be a Reading fan. No credibiltiy whatsoever and best ignored.[/quote]Too right Beauseant, here''s an example of his earlier work...........

[/quote]

What is this nonsence?! I am not and never have been golden coppell!