Sign in to follow this  
Sjb

what is the earliest we can win the league?

technically possible against MK Dons in 2 weeks time if other results go our way, but i think more realistically Orient away

My hope is that we guarantee promotion at Leyton Orient...that will be a big night with a good away crowd, with nothing but the title to go for against Charlton. Then we can have a great home-coming party against Gillingham and two ''exhibition'' games to follow to give the bit part squad players a chance to share in the glory...nice script eh?

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]My hope is that we guarantee promotion at Leyton Orient...that will be a big night with a good away crowd, with nothing but the title to go for against Charlton. Then we can have a great home-coming party against Gillingham and two ''exhibition'' games to follow to give the bit part squad players a chance to share in the glory...nice script eh?[/quote]

my 1st away game of the season, so securing promo then would be brill. Going home on the underground will be soo good.

[quote user="canaryleo"]sorry that''s go up, not win the league - just want to go up, win would be a bonus
[/quote]

With Leeds and Milwall now on the same points, they could technically both happen at the same time!!?

From my predictions of what results Leeds, Millwall, and Swindon will get from their remaining fixtures I think that the earliest we can win promotion is at Leyton Orient, and the title at Charlton. However, if Colchester win their claim for us to be deducted 10 points, it will be promotion at Bristol Rovers and the title at home to Carlisle (unless Millwall and Swindon drop more points than I''ve predicted - I''ve also been a bit too kind to Leeds, predicting that they will go unbeaten for the rest of the season)

"...However, if Colchester win their claim for us to be deducted 10 points,..."

Isn''t this really a non-issue? My understanding is that there was no ''tap-up'' of Lambert, Colchester agreed for us to have talks and all their gripe is that the greedy b#stards couldn''t agree a compensation figure before Lambo moved over to us.

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]"...However, if Colchester win their claim for us to be deducted 10 points,..."

Isn''t this really a non-issue? My understanding is that there was no ''tap-up'' of Lambert, Colchester agreed for us to have talks and all their gripe is that the greedy b#stards couldn''t agree a compensation figure before Lambo moved over to us.[/quote]From my point of view HF it is, as if it did happen it would reduce the maximum number of points we would be able to achieve and make the race for the title very close. I also think that about a month or so ago I heard that there was going to be a discussion about it at the beginning of April. I doubt it will happen though as I don''t think Colchester have enough proof for it to go ahead, and the only person who claims that we have admitted that we have done wrong is their chairman.

From some calculations I''ve done, I think we can win the title and not just promotion v MK Dons but we will have 91 points, though Leeds and Millwall can still achieve 95, Swindon 94.This is the help we require though:Leeds v Swindon - Draw (would change their maximum possible to 93 and 92)Leeds to drop 3 points over Yeovil and SouthendMillwall to drop 5 points over Brentford, Colchester, and GillinghamSwindon to drop 2 points over Tranmere and ColchesterThis would turn Leeds'', Swindon''s and Millwall''s maximum possible points total to 90However, when you look at the form Millwall and Swindon are on, you''d have to be a bit too optomistic to believe it will happen

Whatever the views about the merits of Colchester''s claim, the fact is that they are seeking a points deduction, and the rules allow up to ten points to be deducted, so we can''t say we are mathematically certain until that claim has been ruled upon, or until no more than one club can get within ten points of us.

[quote user="canaryleo"]technically possible against MK Dons in 2 weeks time if other results go our way, but i think more realistically Orient away[/quote]

Orient Away to go up - brings back a few memories to the older ones!