Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Were Leeds the better side ?

[quote user="paul moy"]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8568250.stm

I had a good laugh at reading this, because the writer states that Leeds were marginally the better side. Go down and look at the stats and they are all in our favour, which I think is pretty overwhelming evidence that to the contrary, we were the better side.  [:D]   

[/quote]

I cant think of one shot they had on target - but I will stand to be corrected

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="paul moy"]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8568250.stm

I had a good laugh at reading this, because the writer states that Leeds were marginally the better side. Go down and look at the stats and they are all in our favour, which I think is pretty overwhelming evidence that to the contrary, we were the better side.  [:D]   

[/quote]

I cant think of one shot they had on target - but I will stand to be corrected

[/quote]

Neither can I, but the stats say that they had three shots on target. The really telling evidence to me is that we had five corners to their one, and I also remember that there was at least one corner that was not given to us which Lappin vehemently disputed with the ref.  

It was a very even game in which both sides cancelled each other out for long periods. Something which I guess was inevitable as Grayson opted to match our diamond formation. Apart from the goal I can''t remember either keeper being troubled at all. 0-0 would probably have been a fair result, but then again I thought we deserved to win at Elland Road.

I thought it was a pretty even game that had 0-0 written all over it tbh, but the reason we are top is because we can nick goals in tight games like this when we''re not playing well. Had we have played anything like our best we''d have won comfortably but there was far too many misplaced passes and poor crosses from our players. I''d have taken a point before the game so was well chuffed when we managed too nick that late goal.

Goal aside we had three presentable chances: Elliot, Holt, Doc.

A couple of scuffed efforts and a Snodgrass effort across the face for Leeds, about sums it up really.

Leeds hit about 3 or 4 tame efforts which just trickled to Forster, it was a very even game which we probably didn''t deserve to win, draw woulda been fairer but as mentioned, you could say the same bout Elland Road game.

I didn''t think there was much in it either way, but I never felt that we were under any pressure or possibly going to lose. I don''t think it really matters, the game speaks for itself. They could believe Leeds were ten times better, we got the win and that''s all that counts. 

I think that for a lot of the game, they were a better passing side in midfield but lacked a cutting edge up front. We had the better defence.

Was a war of attrition yesterday, we were the ones who kept our heads and concentration and made the vital breakthrough at probably the best possible time.  They maybe shaded the first half, their passing was more accurate, but they still failed to do anything with the ball despite having more of it.  They also managed to stop the likes of Hoolahan making an impact yesterday, but what they failed to do was realise we''re not a one-man team, unlike them...

Take away the awesome defensive performance from Norwich and the fact we managed to score and they didn''t then yes I''d agree that Leeds were the better team but of course games are won by scoring goals not by looking better in th emiddle of the park!

Leeds worked harder than any other team at CR this year. We had no space and seemed to be second to every ball. However been watching footy for long enough to realise why teams are successful, and taking chances at the right time is key. We scored and hence deserved to win. I can understand why Grayson was positive after the game though cause we didn''t outplay them like Millwall did.

No - the best team won. There''s a reason we won yesterday and a reason we lost at Elland Road. Qe did all the right things at the right time, just as Leeds did on the away game

I know we ''didn''t deserve to lose'' at their place, but you only have to look at Man Utd to see how sometimes a team gets a result against the run of play by digging till the end

It''s probably that reason (with our ''habit'' of scoring late) that has us branded as ''jammy Norwich'' in some circles.

Who cares - a win is a win is a win.