Sign in to follow this  
ca

Helveg's Performance

[quote]What did you all think?[/quote]

I thought he was solid enough without really impressing although he stills looks a yard or two off the pace

I guess that will come with games but then again when francis comes back will he get a game?

He had a solid game. Todays game was a good foundation and he should no be given a good run to get his fitness going because his experience is a great asset as we approach the make or break arena.

I also had a good view from the lower Barclay...I think that Helveg is more used to playing with quality players...most the passes he didn''t connect on were due to a lack of "off the ball" movement by some of the other players...they looked realy static.  You can see Helveg trying to open up the play and there was no communication with the others players.  This makes it look like Helveg delivered a bad pass and he gets the stick for it.  I think Helveg is a quality player and the rest of the team should start to work around him.

Just my 2p worth about this...

Average. Nothing more, nothing less. No better or worse than Holt.

In fact the most of the team were average except Svensson who was very poor.

Unfortunately, looking at the bench, I don''t think we had much more to offer.

Sorry ,from the Snakepit he looked a yard and half off the pace, too many missplaced passes and weak in the tackle...but then again yer pays yer money and takes yer choice!!

Fulham, Crystal Palace, Everton and Man Utd. These are all of the games that Helveg has started in the Premiership. Norwich have lost them all. Make of that what you will.Helveg was no worse than anyone else yesterday though. Which is to say that he was very ordinary. I hoped he may have actually raised him game for this one. Shame. If that''s the best he can do then without Francis we are in big trouble.

i think the argument that its his team mates are to blame for his misplaced passes is a bit dubious to say the least.

We can''t have one rule for Helveg and one for the rest.

If his teammates aren''t able to read the passes he makes then surely he should make passes that they can.

This is not a criticism of Helveg but rather one of a rather weak argument in his favour.

[quote]Fulham, Crystal Palace, Everton and Man Utd. These are all of the games that Helveg has started in the Premiership. Norwich have lost them all. Make of that what you will.Helveg was no worse than anyo...[/quote]

Hello? Which Palace game were you at cos it sure wasn''t the one I was at!!!!

Thought Helveg had a good solid game. Nothing brilliant but solid. At least he was prepared to put his foot in where it hurt. Would definatley persevere with him. Will only get better with a decent run of games.

I sit on half way line and think the guys at the barclay end of the ground may have missed what "good" work he did. His passing was no worse than 10 others I can think of!!

For some reason I always have that opening day match down in my mind as a defeat. Probably has something to do with the overriding feeling of disappointment that day. Helveg did work hard yesterday. But as others have said, he was still off the pace and for me there wasn''t much quality. Surprising for a bloke of his experience.

Take yesterday''s goal, Helveg was working and pressuring Malbranque who had the ball at his feet. Then when Malbranque played it wide, Helveg let him have a couple of yards of space inside him. The Fulham player duly got the ball back and had time and space for a free pass to pick out McBride who laid it onto Cole, and it''s 1-0.

It''s not much, but that''s all it takes to concede in this league. Little mistakes. Doherty too was only slightly away from Cole, but it was still enough to give him time to turn and slot home.

With our injury problems I don''t know what the answer is though. It''s not as if the attacking line helped them out at the back by putting the Fulham goal under pressure.