Sign in to follow this  
Its only my opinion

Why do we slate our players?

After the last few games people have been saying Martin is not good enough and lazy, even tho he''s scored 22 goals..People have said Doherty and Nelson are not good enough as soon as Askou is back, he''ll be straight in the team, and i have just seen a thread saying hoolahan isn''t good enough! He has been one of our best players all season scoring a redicules amount of goals and setting up lot''s more from an attacking midfield position...

Do people not realise it''s a squad game and we will need different players in different positions at veriouse parts of the season, due to tactical changes and injury, Why do we feel the need to slate some of our best players!?

I have seen analytical criticism of players but I wouldn''t go as far as "slating".

Constructive critiscism is acceptable but some fans are so unrealistic when slating the players!

Constructive critiscism is something like - Chris Martin has been poor in recent gamnes so deserved to be dropped for yesterdays game but you can''t knock the goals hes scored!

Some fans thinks that players never make mistakes which is being so unreal!

Because they''re all rubbish ain''t they!! Booooo! Should have had this league wrapped up weeks ago!! We haven''t even  beaten Ipswich this season! There''s a JPT final on at the moment that we''re not even in!!! Rah, rah, grizzle, grumble.........Splitters!!!!

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]Because they''re all rubbish ain''t they!! Booooo! Should have had this league wrapped up weeks ago!! We haven''t even  beaten Ipswich this season! There''s a JPT final on at the moment that we''re not even in!!! Rah, rah, grizzle, grumble.........

Splitters!!!!

[/quote]lol brilliant[Y]

I like that one, too. Eric Idle call back.

As to the topic, does the OP really think forums for any team in any sport do not include criticisms of players? Not everyone can be a fan favorite. Some think their fave is way better than he really is, and others think their nemesis is way worse than he really is. Me? I''m even handed with eveyone.

Because we remember last year?

Because we remember the players throwing their shirts into the crowd at the Valley and having them thrown back.

But credit the boys who have turned themselves around. Others have rightly gone to Southampton and elsewhere.

Lambert revived the Dov and the Russell.

Long live the never Celtic boss.

Because we have posters on here that do nothing but moan about our supporters without any justification at all.

For goodness sake we are no different to any set of supporters. Half the enjoyment of football is the discussion about players etc.

It is a fantastic season and we still get these annoying questions about support.

Here''s another one for you..... ''Why don''t we get at least 26,000 in our ground? Considering our success the attendance is very poor''