Sign in to follow this  
AndyCanary

Half time...

Why is it that at every single game I''ve been to this season I''ve managed to casually walk and get a coffee at half time and have time to walk back, sit down, and drink it all in loads and loads of time before the second half starts. Yet up to 5 minutes before the end of the first half I''m constantly having to get up to let people through & lean to the side to see passed people that are going to get some refreshments before half time... and worse still muppets still come back to their seats 2,3 minutes after the second half has started?Why do these people even bother going to games? When it was happening I looked towards the Barclay and couldn''t see any empty seats. Yet all around me seats were empty after half time with people still coming back from the bar.Really frustrates me! At least the people that leave early have a reason for doing so. Even though they drive me crazy too!

GRRRRR,

Completely agree,

Some people go for a pee 20 mins in, then leave early for half time drink, 40 mins seems to be the cue, thereby missing 5 mins plus added time.

Then arrive back 5 mins sfter resumption, and finally leave on 80 mis.

Why bother coming.

"I''ve managed to casually walk and get a coffee at half time and have time to walk back, sit down, and drink it all in loads and loads of time before the second half starts..."

Hi Andy, are you Delia in disguise?...the best I''ve managed is to get to the gents and back during half time and over the years have sat all round the ground,..I never leave early or inconvenience others by going to and fro from the refreshment areas during play and am annoyed at those that do, but wonder how the collection of snacks and drinks can be speeded up. The pitch side sellers has helped to a degree, but other than having baseball style sellers walking around the stands during play, I''m not sure what can be done other than closing the outlets during play or increasing the half time break.

You don''t sit in the Jarrold then Andy? You need to send a written request if you want to move around there in less than 20 mins! Still - these football stadiums would be a lot more fun if it weren''t for all the bloody people using them wouldn''t they? I agree that the car park leavers who loiter in the gangways standing in the way during the last 10 mins are annoying. But a pie and a pee at half time is virtually impossible. Be happy that some choose to spread the load at the lav by ducking out before you.But for me the cardinal sin is the guy who gets you to stand so he can leave, then literally stands infront of you (doing that apologetic bobbing thing) because we have the ball up the oppo''s end and he might see it before he clears off. If you leaving then BUGGER OFF! Don''t stand in my way!

Ive managed to get from one end of the upper N&P and back to get a pie and still had time to eat it before kick off. I have no sympathy for those who then miss goals because they had left early..... think how many would have missed yeasterdays goal!!!

Did anyone actually leave yesterday before the goal? I bet they did too! I''d love to know what the stats are on that.

All but 1 of the games I''ve been to this season have been in the Jarrold and I''ve HONESTLY never had trouble getting back in plenty of time and usually finish my drink before the start of the second half.I just don''t understand how it''s different for other people.

[quote user="Romantic"]Did anyone actually leave yesterday before the goal? I bet they did too! I''d love to know what the stats are on that.
[/quote]

Guy infront of me left on 85 minutes

[quote user="Romantic"]Did anyone actually leave yesterday before the goal? I bet they did too! I''d love to know what the stats are on that.
[/quote]

Didn''t Jermaine Beckford leave at half-time?

[quote user="Horse Manure"]

[/quote]

Didn''t Jermaine Beckford leave at half-time?

[/quote]

No, just after the pre-game warm-up. Actually, GP wondered what that irritating prick in his pocket was all afternoon.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Why is it that at every single game I''ve been to this season I''ve managed to casually walk and get a coffee at half time and have time to walk back, sit down, and drink it all in loads and loads of time before the second half starts. Yet up to 5 minutes before the end of the first half I''m constantly having to get up to let people through & lean to the side to see passed people that are going to get some refreshments before half time... and worse still muppets still come back to their seats 2,3 minutes after the second half has started?Why do these people even bother going to games? When it was happening I looked towards the Barclay and couldn''t see any empty seats. Yet all around me seats were empty after half time with people still coming back from the bar.Really frustrates me! At least the people that leave early have a reason for doing so. Even though they drive me crazy too![/quote]These people pays there money like you and everyone else, there are no rules or regulations.. surely its not to much of a hardship?