Sign in to follow this  
dpit

At the end of the season....

How many doom/gloom/fire/brimstone/endoftheworld/Idon''tknowhowIwillcopeindivision3 merchants from the end of last year who have magically turned into happy/clappy/wearethebest/hasn''tthisseasonbeengreat merchants will admit to the fact that, to put it mildly, they lack a sense of pesrpective?

Aha.....I am, of course, delighted about being top of the league, I am merely on my high horse tonight about the shallowness of many of the posters on here.

Don''t let yourself get het up about it.Its football. It does that to you.I''ve changed my opinion from a year ago because I''ve enjoyed winning again and my blood pressure has come down considerably. It happens. I guess the secret is to cut them a bit of slack next season

[quote user="dpit"]How many doom/gloom/fire/brimstone/endoftheworld/Idon''tknowhowIwillcopeindivision3 merchants from the end of last year who have magically turned into happy/clappy/wearethebest/hasn''tthisseasonbeengreat merchants will admit to the fact that, to put it mildly, they lack a sense of pesrpective?[/quote]

Its easy to say that now we are sitting at the top with a healthy lead.

Getting relegated at the end of last season was one of the worst experiences of my life, worsened only by what happened on he first day of this season.

I doubt you'' be writing this if we had boll*cksed it up like Leeds and were facing the possibility of facing another season in this league?

This season has been great if you like beating rubbish week in week out but next season will tell us whether we really have improved any . Getting relegated to this level of football should have made every fan a doom and gloom merchant and were it not for McNally being brought into the club we would probably still have Gunn in charge and be somewhere in mid table .

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]This season has been great if you like beating rubbish week in week out but next season will tell us whether we really have improved any . Getting relegated to this level of football should have made every fan a doom and gloom merchant and were it not for McNally being brought into the club we would probably still have Gunn in charge and be somewhere in mid table .[/quote]

Mid table? Bottom three more like

I have enjoyed this season, but I will not just accept the fact that we are playing at this level in the first place. Delia Smith and Michael Wynn-Jones made serious mistakes in their appointments before McNally (for it is he, not them who recruited Lambert). They have never, to this day appeared (to me anyway) to have shown any remorse. Delia, after being the ''public face'' of the club when it was going well, totally went missing. she is suddenly starting to appear again. I will celebrate promotion as a great achievement by the coaching staff and players, but I will not forgive or forget who put us in this legue in the first place. I don''t want Delia to leave at any cost, the right person (should he/she even exist) must be found tto take over the reigns, and I applaud the fact that she and MWJ have taken a back seat and are no not effectively in a decision making capacity - all changes for the best so well done, and I am optimistic for the future if we can keep hold of McNally/Lambert. But one season of achievement in a division we should never have been in will not wipe away the memories of the last 6 years, and I''m sorry if that makes me a doom mongerer!

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"]I have enjoyed this season, but I will not just accept the fact that we are playing at this level in the first place. Delia Smith and Michael Wynn-Jones made serious mistakes in their appointments before McNally (for it is he, not them who recruited Lambert). They have never, to this day appeared (to me anyway) to have shown any remorse. Delia, after being the ''public face'' of the club when it was going well, totally went missing. she is suddenly starting to appear again. I will celebrate promotion as a great achievement by the coaching staff and players, but I will not forgive or forget who put us in this legue in the first place. I don''t want Delia to leave at any cost, the right person (should he/she even exist) must be found tto take over the reigns, and I applaud the fact that she and MWJ have taken a back seat and are no not effectively in a decision making capacity - all changes for the best so well done, and I am optimistic for the future if we can keep hold of McNally/Lambert. But one season of achievement in a division we should never have been in will not wipe away the memories of the last 6 years, and I''m sorry if that makes me a doom mongerer![/quote]

Spot on.