Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Lazy arrogant Martin

[quote user="yoda"]I''m old enough to remember Ted mac and he did bugger all except score bags of goals , some players are like that .[/quote]

About five minutes ago I was just thinking Martin header reminded me of a super Mac horizontal header at the River End.

Great Minds think alike!  lol!   yes Super Mac wasn''t a workhorse but he had Phil Boyer alongside him.

i watched his goal a few times now ,and to be honest this young lad is a real clinical finisher with a great future if he keeps his head .

i believe this young man can go far ..i really do .

[quote user="singing canary"]i watched his goal a few times now ,and to be honest this young lad is a real clinical finisher with a great future if he keeps his head . i believe this young man can go far ..i really do .[/quote]

Agreed and I dont think he as lazy as some claim when compared to most strikers.....but he does have a workhorse along side him.

Lambert also praised his attitude to being told he was dropped from the first eleven, which was nice to hear. The Chris Martin that has often been portrayed over the last couple of seasons would have thrown a hissy fit and then sulked. I do hope the guy just gets better and better.

I`d love to know Martin`s chances to goals ratio (s`pose it depends how you define a chance though), because bar a bit of a howler from 6 yards a couple of months ago and a couple of headers, i really can`t remember him missing many.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I`d love to know Martin`s chances to goals ratio (s`pose it depends how you define a chance though), because bar a bit of a howler from 6 yards a couple of months ago and a couple of headers, i really can`t remember him missing many.[/quote]

Over the last eight games or so he has not had many chances, so his chances to goals ratio would remain good, so that really is not a good stat to use IMO. I''d like to see him making more chances for himself by improving his game with improved work-rate, even if he misses more. Having said that, he has done very well this season overall, but we must remember that this is in a poor league, and next season will be much tougher for him.