Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

BECKFORD HAS ONLY GOT ONE BALL.

So, Grayson saved the prima donna playing against Millwall to unleash him against us in all his..........er......one dimensioness!

He has only got one ball, the ball over the top into space; and that is all Leeds had too. They certainly couldn''t cross the ball.

In addition, I can''t recall Beckford finding one of his own side with a pass all afternoon.

I cannot believe that anyone believes Leeds were better than us today. They never looked like scoring and the fact is: they came here NEEDING to win. Norwich on the other hand simply needed not to lose and of course, Lambert knew this.

So far as I am concerned Lambert set us up to play deep and compact so the ball into space for Beckford was never an option and consequently Leeds lost their one attacking threat.

Lambert sacrificed Elliot whose job was clearly to run and run and be a nuisance in the middle up front while Holt, who was marked so tight behind it was almost indecent, moved wide to pull the defence about.

If we scored it would have been a bonus, the object was to frustrate Leeds and to their massive credit the Norwich supporters, keen not to give anything away to the impressively vocal Leeds fans, stayed firmly with their team.

Nelson got his head to every long ball Leeds were reduced to pumping up. Hoolahan swapped craft for graft and the game became like two heavyweights slugging it out, but this Norwich unit give as good as they get.

Half time and Leeds realise Millwall are winning well. The pressure on them continued to grow.

Unlike Grayson, Lambert showed how he has created a plan B; plan C and in Hughes a plan D.

I would not have been disappointed with a draw but I''ve seen Norwich score in every game I have watched this season and know they never give up; that they regularly score late.

Chris Martin might have been tired before this match but when he plays he brings Holt into the game and I was pleased to see him come on. His header was a peach from a good but not killer cross.

This was not, though, two evenly matched sides slugging it out in a game they came into with equal aspirations. This was a desperate but limited Leeds being frustrated and mugged by a stoic and disciplined Norwich city who had been set up by a manager looking at the bigger picture.

This was a very professional performance by a Norwich team playing in front of the most complete Norwich support since Bayern Munich came to town. They invited Leeds to show them what they had; proved they can play Leeds at their own game and waited for their quality to flame.

When you put it like that it was an absolutely great performance!  But who cares about that when you have just dumped Leeds into this league for another season and you have just won it yourself!

I tell you what Rudolph, that was one just brilliant post.

Leeds played with energy but i''ve seen better teams at The Carra this season.

Simply - Lambo truly is the Son of God

Great post RH. The fact is that, while Leeds played the odd bit of pretty football it was all IN FRONT of our back four, who were solid as a rock, Fraser wasn''t called upon to make a save of note, and for a side who had to win I thought Leeds lacked endeavour and spent too much time trying to con the ref (who I thought was excellent, by the way) and get City players sent off. I also thought it had 0-0 written all over it, and wouldn''t have been disappointed with that, but the lateness of the goal in the light of the Elland Road heartbreak made it so much sweeter!

Great finish by Chrissie.Any striker will tell you that to direct a header with power from in front of the near post is a real skill.

Mmm, indeed. [Y]However I did think Snodgrass looked threatening, not many wingers are as big and quick as him. But yeah Doc dealt with Beckford oh so well. [:)]

[quote user="Mason 47"]

Allaow Neil?

My name is Jermaine Neil, no I weren''t at the game today Neil...

[/quote]

But I watched it on the radio Neil !