Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

Lambert the new Clough?

Is it just me or does the situation with Lambert taking over at Norwich and when Clough took over at Forest bare remarkable similarities. Both teams in the third tier of English football, Both unfasionable to play for if your a footballer. Even their look on the touchline is pretty darn similar with the tracksuit and football socks.

The only main differance which i can see appears to be in the attitude. Lambert is all about team work and he passes the success on to the team rather than accepting persoanl praise. Where as Clough seemed to revel in the limelight. 

For those who think Lamber might depart for Celtic in the summer, the simple question is this. Which as a manager would you get more kudos for, Getting Norwich from the third teir of English football to the premiership? or Winning the league in Scotland which is essentially a two team league? Its an easy answer really isnt it, although Lambert will in my mind manage Celtic at some point in his managerial career i don''t think it will be until he has achived his personal goals of being a successful manager in England.

[quote user="The Duke"]

Is it just me or does the situation with Lambert taking over at Norwich and when Clough took over at Forest bare remarkable similarities. Both teams in the third tier of English football, Both unfasionable to play for if your a footballer. Even their look on the touchline is pretty darn similar with the tracksuit and football socks.

The only main differance which i can see appears to be in the attitude. Lambert is all about team work and he passes the success on to the team rather than accepting persoanl praise. Where as Clough seemed to revel in the limelight. 

For those who think Lamber might depart for Celtic in the summer, the simple question is this. Which as a manager would you get more kudos for, Getting Norwich from the third teir of English football to the premiership? or Winning the league in Scotland which is essentially a two team league? Its an easy answer really isnt it, although Lambert will in my mind manage Celtic at some point in his managerial career i don''t think it will be until he has achived his personal goals of being a successful manager in England.

[/quote]

Interesting post, and there is a clear bloodline from Clough to Lambert via O''Neill, who learnt a lot from the great man. However, I think the key factor is the way in which the game has moved on. Back then managers were given much more time to develop than they are now, where almost  instant success is demanded. As a result managers tended to be more loyal to clubs and saw single club success as more important than a quick clamber up the greasy pole (and possible and equally quick slide down - come in Mr Roeder your time is up!)

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

Is Lambert an alcoholic?

[/quote]

no and nor was clough untill latter in his career.

[quote user="mastoola"][quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

Is Lambert an alcoholic?

[/quote]

no and nor was clough untill latter in his career.

[/quote]

Well the weekly recomended alcohol for a full grown male is 20 units. The average pint is about 2 / 2.5 units depending on the strenght. On that basis anyone who has more than 9 or 10 pints a week could argue to be an alcoholic.