Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Worthy brings out the mind games again!

We''re well used to them by now - he has used them at carefully time intervals to great effect. To secure a new contract, to secure a small armada of players to propel us out of Division 1.

I read a few lines that he said that haven''t gone in to the articles on the websites - was in the News of the World. Can''t remember the exact words but it was very clear the point he was making. He was doing what he''s done every other time which is to say enough to let the board fill in the gaps. On this occassion the blanks read something like, "if i can''t get my hands on millions rather than 1 million we''re going down." Tempered with the "i have a very good realtionship with the board... etc etc" Classic Worthington!

Putting pressure on the board (or maybe on delia and MWJ to dig deep once again) to come up with more money is not something he has yet resorted to and gives us a glimpse of what''s in his mind. He has said he''ll be looking for value for money.

Thing is, he''s not really in a position to start talking about value for money having spent 1.5 million or more on Jonson and Doherty. Take them out and we have 2.7million - hello Dean Ashton!
I think this time, his subtle pleas will fall on deaf ears.

The only thing that can save us now, IMHO, is a real rabbit from the hat with that 1.2 million who will have to be from a foreign league. There''s nothing around in the prem or div 1 that will improve what we have and be affordable to us.

It''s getting depressing isn''t it?! Please please oh god, how are we going to face relegation with them down the road passing in the opposite direction?

You are right a1, when Worthy wants something he stamps his foot and invariably gets it.

I personally think our finances will be larger than stated.

Plus he has little bargaining chips in the form of Jarvis and Crow who he has already stated could be farmed out as loan players, very desirable to many Championship clubs I feel.

We don''t know if he has any players in mind even, but Delia and Co. will accommodate his wishes whatever because I don''t think they would want to lose someone who has now become a high profile manager.

I M H O

a1canary:

Forget about Ashton, he is not going to come here as long as established premeirship clubs are offering him deals, as stated by many on here, no player would prefer to sign for a club that is possibly going down... the best we can hope for is as you say "a rabbit in a hat"???

Jim:

I hope you are right, and that Worthy has a few tricks up his sleeve... we need a little magic right now!! Perhaps he will pull a rabbit out of the "funds collection hat"!!!

Worthy states that he does not want to put the club in danger, yet he persists in these mind games with the board. His signings in the summer were terrible and as such cannot be trusted with any large sums of money.