Sign in to follow this  
Methane

DEMISE OF HALF-TIME ENTERTAINMENT

As I sat watching 4 guys with varying degrees of beer gut struggle to lift a football off the ground in the ill-fated crossbar challenge my thoughts turned to the good old days. Two men wearing porkpie hats carrying a pegboard of half-time results. Oh what fun we had trying to hit those hats with our discarded apple cores. It just isn''t the same in the era of the breakfast pie. And sweet-sellers like the cinema......halcyon days for sure Mr Carrow

I remember the good old days when the sweet trolleys use to come round. I used to sit at the front of the South Stand and always used to get annoyed when 3 or 4 of the trolleys used to get bogged down with people wanting Toffos in the River End. Halcyon days indeed.

The crossbar challenge is embarrassing - it had its day about 5 years ago. Time for a change.

I remember seeing a half time challenge somewhere - Reading possibly - where the object was to hit one of the corner flags from the centre spot! Perhaps they should introduce that at Carrow Road and if you do it successfully give you a pennant from the club shop!

[quote user="Back after the break"]I remember the good old days when the sweet trolleys use to come round. I used to sit at the front of the South Stand and always used to get annoyed when 3 or 4 of the trolleys used to get bogged down with people wanting Toffos in the River End. Halcyon days indeed. The crossbar challenge is embarrassing - it had its day about 5 years ago. Time for a change. I remember seeing a half time challenge somewhere - Reading possibly - where the object was to hit one of the corner flags from the centre spot! Perhaps they should introduce that at Carrow Road and if you do it successfully give you a pennant from the club shop![/quote]

That is indeed away at Reading and if said ball hits the corner flag the person wins a car, or thats what the prize waslast time i was there, what do we give away for hitting the crossbar? (i''m usually knocking back my second bottle of halftime booze by then so miss everything at half time) the kids pen shoot out away at Wycombe this year got the biggest cheer of the day and sounded fun from outside while i was havin a smoke

I always thought it would be a good idea to have people take penalties against our sub or 3rd choice goalie.It would give him a bit of a boost (as in, he is actually doing something on the pitch) and would be much more entertaining than the pap we have at the moment.Oh, and that announcer is a condescending sod. (I''d like to see him do better!)

So let me get this straight. You''re idea of ''the good old days'' was a man carrying a sign. Enhanced by the oh so thrilling throwing of some half munched fruit?Wow!

[quote user="Methane"]As I sat watching 4 guys with varying degrees of beer gut struggle to lift a football off the ground in the ill-fated crossbar challenge my thoughts turned to the good old days. Two men wearing porkpie hats carrying a pegboard of half-time results. Oh what fun we had trying to hit those hats with our discarded apple cores. It just isn''t the same in the era of the breakfast pie. And sweet-sellers like the cinema......halcyon days for sure Mr Carrow[/quote]You''re the best poster on this MB imoReading your posts is like waking from a dullness-induced coma

our friend Jonny Foreginer has no half time entertainment. I have long been an advocate of this.

Anyone who has watched football abroad will find watching the subs or chatting to the person next to you is the half time entertainment!

Lets stick to that next season shall we?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

our friend Jonny Foreginer has no half time entertainment. I have long been an advocate of this.

Anyone who has watched football abroad will find watching the subs or chatting to the person next to you is the half time entertainment!

[/quote]Amen! And while we''re at it let''s get rid of the goal music!!! No amound of samba based neo celebratory party antheming could have improved on the spine tingling sound of the roof lifting off Carrow Road. I can''t get my head round people voting in favor of that rubbish in a recent pol. Oh and while I''m at it, stop choreographing the start of On The Ball City too. Leave it to us - we can do it! Check out the away fans we never fail.

I totally agree with getting rid of the goal music but I don''t really see the problem with the half time ''entertainment''.  Okay, for the most part it''s not very good, but no-one''s forcing you to watch it are they?  It can help pass the time if nothing else.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Not true!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2r5H5QlKlo

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Not true!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2r5H5QlKlo

[/quote]

OH... I have just wet myself at that half time YT clip.