Sign in to follow this  
kennyfoggo

Gone back on their words

A little bit more to the Transfer kitty.. or should I say lack of it.. I have did a little hunting around and found an older post of mine on my forum quoting Mumby..on or around the begining of OCT..

Club Chairman Roger Munby said: "Once again our supporters have delivered. They have created an additional budget of £1.2 million which Nigel can use in the January or summer transfer window.

Notice the word "additional" unless English has changed it still means supplementary,extra,added,further,more.

[quote]A little bit more to the Transfer kitty.. or should I say lack of it.. I have did a little hunting around and found an older post of mine on my forum quoting Mumby..on or around the begining of OCT.. ...[/quote]

Kennyfoggo: I meant to reply to this earlier.

Bloody good call, as usual mate. I''m with you 100% on this, why other''s can''t spot this c**p is quite beyond me!.

Yeah we reach the promised land , spend next to nothing before the start of the season , then come january we have an amazing £1.2 million to try to prevent the inevitable relegation. Great attempt from the board to keep us in the top flight, we may as well have stayed where we were.

Shhhhhhhhhhh!!  you will give the game away.

Its not good policy to tell everyone exactly how much money we can afford. So the board keep throwing the 1.2m figure out there.

When NW makes the call for a player from Crewe,West Ham,Accrinton Stanley or whoever then he can barter with the "additional budget" and the 1.2m.

Tell them you have 2m to spend, they will want 2m.

I''m just hoping the board are playing the lets keep it quiet game rather than saying we have so many million to spend.

The £1.2 million is money owed to shareholders and had this been claimed back are we saying there is nowt in the kitty. Increased revenue from the premier, increased revenue from live TV, full houses every week and still the purse is empty tut tut.

[quote]A little bit more to the Transfer kitty.. or should I say lack of it.. I have did a little hunting around and found an older post of mine on my forum quoting Mumby..on or around the begining of OCT.. ...[/quote]

"additional" ... to what he spent in the summer. Come on, get with the game.That, or write to all the other clubs to tell them how much money we have.

Thank god for that, I was beginning to think I was the only one who had noticed that they had indeed gone back on their word. Would like to believe that they will make additional money avaliable but sadly I think they aren''t to bothered if we go down, after all it is easy getting promoted and only took us 9 years last time.