Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Colchester ( 13 3 2 30 17 ) will surely be too strong for lowly Wycombe ( 2 7 9 22 38 ) so.......

Colchester Utd v  Wycombe........Home win.

Good luck Yankee. [Y]

Trying to give our USA based Canary a good odds one

Watford to lose at home to Middlesborough. AWAY WIN

Good Luck Yankee.May Obama be with you[;)]

Its the Premier League for me this week and...

Tottenham v Portsmouth - Home Win

Good luck Yankee, and of course all pups

Good luck yankee and good evening Nutty.The land of the wooden shoes for me this week with a home win for AJAX v Groningen.A tad surprised that nobody has selected AJAX as yet this week at 1/5.

I have to go with Milwall to beat Stockport as well, although it''s "nailed on" status worries me a little.

Good luck Yankee and all Pups and I hope to see a few of you in the Nelson on Saturday!

I''m going for Hertha Berlin Vs Dortmund (away win). Berlin are rooted to the bottom of the league whilst Dortmund have picked up of late and currently in forth place. Also decent odds considering it looks like a banker.

Lets hope we have two reasons to cheer this weekend.

There doesn''t seem to be many nailed on bankers this week, so it''s gonna be tough, best of luck to you Yankee, if anybody can pull it off then you can.Olympiakos looks nice, but I aint falling for that one again... So for me it''s Liverpool to beat Sunderland at Anfield. Liverpool are only one loss behind the rest of the big four at home, and Sunderland have amassed a measly 7 points on their travels. Form-wise, Sunderland are bouncing back, but Liverpool have improved significantly from the end of 2009, their only points being dropped were on the road, and a win streak at home stretching back to December.Best of luck PUP''s and to you of course Yankee.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

Good Luck Yankee and all PUP''s.

This week it''s...

Rochdale v Grimsby - Home Win

[/quote]

I can''t see past this one either, so for me its a Rochdale Home win.

Good Luck Yankee and all our lovely PUPs  [:D]

Rochdale Vs Grimsby for me please. Home win for the mighty dale and their romp to the League 2 title     Good luck Yankee - and as always heres hoping for both a City and PUPs win!!!!

Thank you everyone for your contribution and good wishes, and thank you Nutty for the opportunity.

Well, the season is coming down to squeaky bum time where even the clubs in the relegation zone are having those extra strategy sessions to see how they can pull off an upset and survive.

Rochdale, for example, should handily beat Grimsby, and probably will. However, Grimsby having taken 33 games to score 24 goals have perked up and scored 9 goals in their past 4 games, beating Shrewsbury and Bournemouth along the way. Rochdale, on the other hand, have a comfortable points lead at the top.  Even though most of us probably think this is an obvious home win these are the types of games that have the potential to be banana skins, so I’ve tried to screen a few of those out.

Rhyl was also close to being chosen but I eliminated them at the end because they would have been an early game on Saturday and I am always superstitious about a choice that, if it should fail, does so at the first hurdle before Saturday’s full English programme is underway.

Nutty, I have to say that I really wanted to go with Utrecht to make it a “Dutch Treat” weekend, however, they generally don’t score a lot of goals and have failed to get on the score sheet in 6 of the 11 games in 2010 to date. They should definitely win given the opposition but I decided to pass.

I am concerned about Spurs but, even if Jermaine Defoe is still not fit, they have a lot to play for.

Finally, there was obvious reluctance on choosing Olympiakos as they have let us down before. However, last week they were motivated enough to win away at the league leaders and, if they have even one goal in them ( which is common in Greece ), that should be enough to beat Xanthi. In any event, I feel Olympiakos owes us, and if we are still whole when they play on Sunday, it seems only just that they are obligated to wrap it up for us.

Here are the six selections I am going with:

Saturday

Millwall to beat Stockport

Spurs to beat Portsmouth

Twente Enschede to beat Sparta Rotterdam

Sunday

Ajax Amsterdam to beat Groningen

Young Boys to beat FC Aaru  ( my choice for this week )

Olympiakos to beat FC Xanthi

You will note that we will not get much return on these selections should they be successful. Here is my thought process on that. When Nutty contacts Dixmar with the selections I am hoping the conversation goes something like this:

Nutty: “Billy, I have to tell you the selections this week come from Yankee Canary. You know he’s a chicken and just goes with the shortest possible odds.”

Billy: “Yes, I remember him. That’s how he got his three wins on the Free Bet thread.”

Nutty: “You are so right Billy”, Nutty says, cleverly lowering his voice to a level designed to elicit Billy’s sympathy. “I almost hate to post the very low return on the thread in case the other posters become disenchanted.”

Billy: “Don’t you worry Nutty. You know I take care of you. This is such a paltry return let me throw an extra tenner in this week.”

Nutty: “ Oh no Billy. I couldn’t allow you to do that!”

Billy: “I insist. I’m not having Dixmar’s name associated with a low amount like that. There’s only one winner in that game and that’s the Yankee fellow who just wants his name in lights again.”    

Nutty: “Thank you Billy. You truly are the Prince of the bookie business.”

I''m going Dutch again, as they''ve been good to me so far.

FC TWENTE home win against Sparta

C''mon Yankee!!

These are excellent Yankee. Once again it''s obvious to us all how much effort you have put into the selections. That''s been a feature from all the PUPs this season. I don''t know how my conversation with Billy will pan out but the odds he gives us will be a bonus anyway. Billy is well aware whose turn it is this week and your track record Yankee my friend.

Best of luck YC, a very strong set of naps. I also sincerely hope that for your sake, for the PUP''s and for my mental health that Olympiakos can do the job for us all this week. After effectively ruling them out of the title 2 weeks ago, a massive win and we''re back in it. Every game is a must win, and considering we''re out of the Champions League now, these last 3 games are all must wins and I hope the players know that.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

These are excellent Yankee. Once again it''s obvious to us all how much effort you have put into the selections. That''s been a feature from all the PUPs this season. I don''t know how my conversation with Billy will pan out but the odds he gives us will be a bonus anyway. Billy is well aware whose turn it is this week and your track record Yankee my friend.

[/quote]

Nutty, it might help if you let him know I''ll be in with my bet at lunch time, then he''ll knows he only needs to find another fiver.[;)]

Good luck Yankee