Sign in to follow this  
SUPER YELLOW CANARY

Best/Worst/funniest Memories from yesterday..

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Canaryette"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="bjg123"]2nd page and nobody''s mentioned Kandol yet? :D[/quote]
Possibly the best thing about that, aside from him becoming something like the 3rd quickest sending off in football history, is showing Claridge up last night on the FLS... after he claimed he''d reviewed the footage numerous times, he went on to say that Kandol had sent him off for a headbutt, when the ref quite clearly motioned that he was sent off for putting his hands to the player''s throat... so what Claridge had actually done was review the few minutes of the highlights reel then make his mind up from there, without actually bothering to check the facts.

Did anyone put him straight in the rest of the show, I didn''t stay up after our game was on... and whose throat did Kandol grab? Hard to tell from the footage...
[/quote]i did put this in another thread FL show....i did text in but it didnt get mensioned(supprise supprise lol) im not 100% but i think it was Smith[/quote]

I thought it was Russell??

[/quote]it may well of been...hence the im not 100% lol [;)][/quote]Just watched the rerun of the FL show...it was Rusty ans smith had been subbed already[Y]

Best - The goalWorst - Becchio down injured. My screen froze (I was watching it online) for a few seconds just before that and when it recovered and I suddenly saw a Leeds player down with what looked like a serious injury and I was worried that we were going to have a player sent offFunniest - Kandol sent off. According to the updates from the the BBC Sport website that showed the time that he came on and got sent off, he was only on the pitch for 58 seconds! Apparently it''s supposed to be the 3rd fastest sending off in history

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Just watched the rerun of the FL show...it was Rusty ans smith had been subbed already[Y][/quote]Erm, its quite clearly Chrissy Martin, ctid... there are some telling differences between the two players... one''s white, for a start... [;)]

Best - celebrations between goal and full time whistle. Didn''t even notice the Leeds player get sent off!

Funniest - Watching as sections of the City stand and river end get off their seats and sing. Those five minutes were amongst the best of my football supporting career (probably only bettered by Iwans goal in Cardiff and going top at PR).

Worst - Holts tackle. Thought he was going off and really he couldn''t ahve had any complaints. He definatley has a ''Red mist'' mode but guess that is part of his make-up.

Best -  Doc owning Beckford x million, hugging the stranger next to me when we scored and the massive ''wooaaaaaahhhhh'' when waiting for Millwall''s score at the end (even though the whole stand knew Millwall won 5-0).

Funniest - The drunk Leeds fan on the train home, who kept coming over to have a chat and talk about how depressed he now was.

I kid you not,I said to my son,the lads next to me and the lads and lady behind me not to worry cos Chris Martin would score in the last minute.Their faces were a picture,as i''m sure was to.

Best - obviously the goal

Funniest - when walking out of the standium just after the Millwall result had been shown on the scoreboard and seeing a fat Leeds fan stand on his chair and start giving everyone in the Jarrold the ''v'' sign!

[quote user="Boyo"]seeing a fat Leeds fan stand on his chair and start giving everyone in the Jarrold the ''v'' sign![/quote]From what I saw that is unessecary detail.

Best - obviously the goal, THE RIVER END ACTUALLY STANDING AND SINGING! and of course ''that'' moment of class from the Doc on Beckford.

Worst - Becchio.

Funniest - Kandol, from the football league show, it looked like Russell he did whatever he did (a push to the face?) too. Claridge said it was Martin but it obviously wasn''t!

Best - Final 3 minutes. And laughing at those dirty northerners. Funniest - The trumendous cheer for Millwall''s 5 goal win. Worth - Dirty Leeds fans trying to start trouble, and the policing at the away end, that was pretty poor.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]Just watched the rerun of the FL show...it was Rusty ans smith had been subbed already[Y][/quote]
Erm, its quite clearly Chrissy Martin, ctid... there are some telling differences between the two players... one''s white, for a start... [;)]
[/quote]Kandol grabbed Rusty around the throat...watched it again and again...defo rusty m8...chrissy cam in seconds later and told him to Feck off lol

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]Just watched the rerun of the FL show...it was Rusty ans smith had been subbed already[Y][/quote]
Erm, its quite clearly Chrissy Martin, ctid... there are some telling differences between the two players... one''s white, for a start... [;)]
[/quote]Kandol grabbed Rusty around the throat...watched it again and again...defo rusty m8...chrissy cam in seconds later and told him to Feck off lol[/quote]http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/03/28/norwich-city-1-0-leeds-united-league-one-highlights-video/     [Y]

[quote user="Roy"][quote user="Diesel Doris"]

Best and Worst

Had a Golden Goal ticket with NO GOALS on it (1st time)......silly me thinking I was going to win £100...thanks Chrissy Martin[;)] Did get a tenner and 3 more points towards the title though so can''t complain[:D]

[/quote]We were 5 seconds out for the golden goal, you have to be within 4 seconds to win anything.[/quote]Oh yeah. [:P] How annoying? What would''ve we won?

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="Boyo"]seeing a fat Leeds fan stand on his chair and start giving everyone in the Jarrold the ''v'' sign![/quote]

From what I saw that is unessecary detail.
[/quote]

From where I was (the Aviva Stand) he was definately a little on the large side.

I don''t doubt it. In fact I''d have expected it! Hence my post [;)] the Leeds fans did all seem to be a little some what portly.

I meant to ask wtf was the deal with the NC fan at half time wondering around the N&P side goal with a speed camera thing?

[quote user="AndyCanary"]I don''t doubt it. In fact I''d have expected it! Hence my post [;)] the Leeds fans did all seem to be a little some what portly.

I meant to ask wtf was the deal with the NC fan at half time wondering around the N&P side goal with a speed camera thing?[/quote]

Its the canary Clown!!!the biggest peado in town!! (im joking ;) its a camera ;)

The Football League show presenter almost referring to Nelsons kick that put Becchio out of the game as a "terrific" tackle before hastily correcting himself and saying "horrific" gave me a small extra giggle at the end of a good day.

[quote user="IbleedYellowGreen"]Mines gotta be walking outside morrisons with my mate listening to 20 leeds fans singing the adams family.. he secruity guard in morrisons walked up and to them wentoi lads.. it a supermarket if u wanna do that -points to football ground- football ground!the 20 or so fans then with out saying anything just walked off. [/quote]Was this the black security guard in Morrisons?I know him and it sounds like it could of been from the description you give.  If so then top marks to Mark the security guard! [Y]

[quote user="barclay46"]Funniest for me was the Leeds fans singing "Champions of Europe". Most of them were''nt born then.[/quote]Funniest of all is you can guarantee that none of them were born then because they never have been Champions of Europe the daft beggars!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Had a fantastic day from start to finish....we beat dirty Leeds and i met up with some lovely pinkun posters for a few beers[Y]

I have never seen Carra rd like that...absolutly fantastic atmosphere...my throat still hurts today[:D]

[/quote]haha my brother was complaining of a sore throat today too.Nice to meet you also on Saturday after the match mate... [;)]

[quote user="W-H"]I enjoyed seeing 2000+ Leeds fans in full scarf twirling swing with one solitary fan in the barclay on his feet whirling his green ''n yellow scarf back![/quote]haha yeah I thought that was pretty comical too! [Y]