Sign in to follow this  
SUPER YELLOW CANARY

Best/Worst/funniest Memories from yesterday..

Mines gotta be walking outside morrisons with my mate listening to 20 leeds fans singing the adams family.. he secruity guard in morrisons walked up and to them wentoi lads.. it a supermarket if u wanna do that -points to football ground- football ground!the 20 or so fans then with out saying anything just walked off.

Someone in the crowd behind the dugout catching the ball, and rather than throwing it back they launched it at the Leeds bench, full pelt, and hit one of their subs.They looked a bit miffed to say the least.[:D]

Best and Worst

Had a Golden Goal ticket with NO GOALS on it (1st time)......silly me thinking I was going to win £100...thanks Chrissy Martin[;)] Did get a tenner and 3 more points towards the title though so can''t complain[:D]

Crackling atmosphere after the goal until the final whistle....

The anticipation of the Millwall result being read out after the match.....

The Leeds supporters making their way to their seats before the match singing "You''re only top, because we''re 5hit!"

Holt''s rush of blood to his head....

Doc''s masterful performance....

Mine is my brother inlaw he likes a fag or two, carrow road being smoke free stadium he needs a nicotine fix towards the end of the game .So he has missed ollys winning goal against  southend  also a few other goals late in games this season so on 88 mins i suggested he needs a fag  as  city need a goal . What happens as he lites up outide the barclay  city score, he misses the goal and celebrations i cant claim any mysterious goings on but just really funny .

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Without a doubt late on when Andy Hughes got sparked in the face with the ball and went down like a sack of spuds!
[/quote]

From where I was sitting at the front of the Jarrold, I thought the ball had hit his hand and he was just performing a cynical cover-up. [:D]

Had a fantastic day from start to finish....we beat dirty Leeds and i met up with some lovely pinkun posters for a few beers[Y]

I have never seen Carra rd like that...absolutly fantastic atmosphere...my throat still hurts today[:D]

No it was definately very very real! Bless him. I''d not have booed him at all yesterday if he hadn''t have started with that terrible lunge over the GW side in their half.Whilst on the subject soon after the Hughes ball to face incident our own Monsieur Holt performed an awful rendition on being shot in the shin despite nobody being anywhere near him. Little sad to see to be honest. But I doubt he''d have done it if Leeds were clean and hadn''t cheated so badly with faked injuries.

I particularly enjoyed the sniper shot that brought down the Leeds player in front of the Jarrold about 30 seconds after Drury had actually challenged him.

[quote user="Beauseant"]I particularly enjoyed the sniper shot that brought down the Leeds player in front of the Jarrold about 30 seconds after Drury had actually challenged him.[/quote]That''s gotta be my favourite bit too, Beau (although I thought it was Lappin??)... to be fair, I was watching on the dodgiest interweb feed in history and thought I''d missed something, such was Kilkenny''s tumble and subsequent protests for a foul... replays showed him shin the ball completely out in front of him then jump to the ground when he realised he''d lost it.  Up until that moment he was getting hassled by Drury/Lappin, and obviously hadn''t realise that they''d backed off realising the ball was going out of play.  Shame, though, because he seemed a decent player...Didn''t see Holty dive, though? His little rush of blood was pretty amusing, though... [:)]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Had a fantastic day from start to finish....we beat dirty Leeds and i met up with some lovely pinkun posters for a few beers[Y]

I have never seen Carra rd like that...absolutly fantastic atmosphere...my throat still hurts today[:D]

[/quote]funniest moment for me....when the chorus of   [8] your ground is to big for [8] rang around Carra rd[Y] that tickled me

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Beauseant"]I particularly enjoyed the sniper shot that brought down the Leeds player in front of the Jarrold about 30 seconds after Drury had actually challenged him.[/quote]

That''s gotta be my favourite bit too, Beau (although I thought it was Lappin??)... to be fair, I was watching on the dodgiest interweb feed in history and thought I''d missed something, such was Kilkenny''s tumble and subsequent protests for a foul... replays showed him shin the ball completely out in front of him then jump to the ground when he realised he''d lost it.  Up until that moment he was getting hassled by Drury/Lappin, and obviously hadn''t realise that they''d backed off realising the ball was going out of play.  Shame, though, because he seemed a decent player...

Didn''t see Holty dive, though? His little rush of blood was pretty amusing, though... [:)]
[/quote]

I said to the bloke next to me that Holty was about to snap about two minutes before he did it! I also enjoyed Beckford''s pitiful attempt to con  a free kick by sticking his arse into Doc and then falling down. Doc''s look of total distain as he walked past him was a joy to see!

You could well be right about it being Lappin. I have enjoyed a significant amount of alcohol since the game, so some things are a tad muddled in my head............

Actually, looking at the picture slideshow has somehow reminded me of one of the Doc''s highlights from yesterday (aside from knocking Beckford on his arse and walking away all innocent).  Think it was the second half, one of Leeds'' hopeful long punts towards Beckford finally found the striker the wrong side of our defence.  As he struggled to control the high bounce, Pele appeared over his shoulder and without so much as laying a finger on him, leaned across and headed the ball into the waiting arms of Forster.  Just pure and utter class.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]funniest moment for me....when the chorus of   [8] your ground is to big for [8] rang around Carra rd[Y] that tickled me[/quote]That, ''what''s it like to see a crowd'' , ''we''re never playing you again'', & ''up the Millwall'' were class. Hats off to the ever on form Barclay & SP.

[quote user="bjg123"]2nd page and nobody''s mentioned Kandol yet? :D[/quote]Possibly the best thing about that, aside from him becoming something like the 3rd quickest sending off in football history, is showing Claridge up last night on the FLS... after he claimed he''d reviewed the footage numerous times, he went on to say that Kandol had sent him off for a headbutt, when the ref quite clearly motioned that he was sent off for putting his hands to the player''s throat... so what Claridge had actually done was review the few minutes of the highlights reel then make his mind up from there, without actually bothering to check the facts.Did anyone put him straight in the rest of the show, I didn''t stay up after our game was on... and whose throat did Kandol grab? Hard to tell from the footage...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="bjg123"]2nd page and nobody''s mentioned Kandol yet? :D[/quote]
Possibly the best thing about that, aside from him becoming something like the 3rd quickest sending off in football history, is showing Claridge up last night on the FLS... after he claimed he''d reviewed the footage numerous times, he went on to say that Kandol had sent him off for a headbutt, when the ref quite clearly motioned that he was sent off for putting his hands to the player''s throat... so what Claridge had actually done was review the few minutes of the highlights reel then make his mind up from there, without actually bothering to check the facts.

Did anyone put him straight in the rest of the show, I didn''t stay up after our game was on... and whose throat did Kandol grab? Hard to tell from the footage...
[/quote]i did put this in another thread FL show....i did text in but it didnt get mensioned(supprise supprise lol) im not 100% but i think it was Smith

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Actually, looking at the picture slideshow has somehow reminded me of one of the Doc''s highlights from yesterday (aside from knocking Beckford on his arse and walking away all innocent).  Think it was the second half, one of Leeds'' hopeful long punts towards Beckford finally found the striker the wrong side of our defence.  As he struggled to control the high bounce, Pele appeared over his shoulder and without so much as laying a finger on him, leaned across and headed the ball into the waiting arms of Forster.  Just pure and utter class.
[/quote]

Yep. That was outstanding and will remain in the memory for a while.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="bjg123"]2nd page and nobody''s mentioned Kandol yet? :D[/quote]
Possibly the best thing about that, aside from him becoming something like the 3rd quickest sending off in football history, is showing Claridge up last night on the FLS... after he claimed he''d reviewed the footage numerous times, he went on to say that Kandol had sent him off for a headbutt, when the ref quite clearly motioned that he was sent off for putting his hands to the player''s throat... so what Claridge had actually done was review the few minutes of the highlights reel then make his mind up from there, without actually bothering to check the facts.

Did anyone put him straight in the rest of the show, I didn''t stay up after our game was on... and whose throat did Kandol grab? Hard to tell from the footage...
[/quote]i did put this in another thread FL show....i did text in but it didnt get mensioned(supprise supprise lol) im not 100% but i think it was Smith[/quote]

I thought it was Russell??

I enjoyed seeing 2000+ Leeds fans in full scarf twirling swing with one solitary fan in the barclay on his feet whirling his green ''n yellow scarf back!

[quote user="Canaryette"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="bjg123"]2nd page and nobody''s mentioned Kandol yet? :D[/quote]

[/quote]i did put this in another thread FL show....i did text in but it didnt get mensioned(supprise supprise lol) im not 100% but i think it was Smith[/quote]

[/quote]it may well of been...hence the im not 100% lol [;)]

Best, easy the goal and resulting scenes of joy from the city fans. It was like being released from a stretch in prison for the past five years.

Worst, Can''t think of any, but I suppose anyone caught up in any incident with the away support who only came for trouble.

Funniest, quite a few bits of banter between the fans was funny, but Leeds singing champions of Europe was a classic.

Best - Goal

Worst - A patch of play in the first half that saw Norwich lose the ball time & time again for a spell of about 2/3 minutes. It was unbelievable to watch.

Funniest - The sending off after just 30 secs OR Beckford''s lack of interest in playing for Leeds.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Canaryette"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="bjg123"]2nd page and nobody''s mentioned Kandol yet? :D[/quote]Possibly the best thing about that, aside from him becoming something like the 3rd quickest sending off in football history, is showing Claridge up last night on the FLS... after he claimed he''d reviewed the footage numerous times, he went on to say that Kandol had sent him off for a headbutt, when the ref quite clearly motioned that he was sent off for putting his hands to the player''s throat... so what Claridge had actually done was review the few minutes of the highlights reel then make his mind up from there, without actually bothering to check the facts.Did anyone put him straight in the rest of the show, I didn''t stay up after our game was on... and whose throat did Kandol grab? Hard to tell from the footage...[/quote]i did put this in another thread FL show....i did text in but it didnt get mensioned(supprise supprise lol) im not 100% but i think it was Smith[/quote]

[/quote]it may well of been...hence the im not 100% lol [;)][/quote]Let''s be honest.. you could be forgiven for getting them mixed up!

Best? Chrissy Boy''s Goal and the gleeful exhuberant celebrations that followed.....

Worst? Becchio laid flat out and inanimate for a few minutes....I was initially quite concerned, then very relieved when he came round and moved.....

Funniest? The build up to the Millwall result being shown on the score-board.....and when it flashed up.....the rousing riling cheer directed all around the stadium at the sullen dejected Leeds support.....Classic.

[quote user="Diesel Doris"]

Best and Worst

Had a Golden Goal ticket with NO GOALS on it (1st time)......silly me thinking I was going to win £100...thanks Chrissy Martin[;)] Did get a tenner and 3 more points towards the title though so can''t complain[:D]

[/quote]We were 5 seconds out for the golden goal, you have to be within 4 seconds to win anything.

The best moment for me was........looking at the Leeds fans as they stood gob smacked as Carrow road erupted after chrissy s goal...........just awsome for me.