Sign in to follow this  
king of latvia

oh dear worthy

well i hope worthy gets them in on sunday for extra training because that was the worst team display passing ,tackling, c**p the only player i would give the day off would be leon he worked his socks off.

im also a big svensson fan but sorry we need another striker to help leon were going straight back down if they dont give worthy the money in jan.

oh well bolton next week.

Whats the use of bringing players back for extra training if the coaching staff are''nt up to it. IMO the problem lies fairly and squarely with the coaching staff.  How many times have we seen the ball lobbed up to the front man (only to be lost)instead of passed along the ground, how many times have we seen a set piece lobbed straight at the goalkeeper to give away possession instead of an outswinging ball away from the keeper much harder to defend against and easier to attack.

I still feel the players we have are good enough to keep us up if only the coaching was to improve.

Talking of players who are good enough, how was Helveg''s performance?

I was unable to listen to the game so would be interested to know if his whole match run-out was a success.

True but the players weren''t passionate enough today. They were second to every first ball and second to every loose ball. Passing was poor and they sat too deep again.

However this is Norwich we''re talking about and we only ever play to the standards of our oponents so we can probably look forward to a cracking encouter with Bolton next week.

Heres a question for you though; Fulham will finish mid-table this season and we will probably go down. But would you really want to be watching Premiership football next season if it meant Norwich play like Fulham do? Long balls, niggly kicks, pushing & shoving, playing to the ref and taking 3 minutes to take every throw in/free kick/corner.

Football is entertainment and Norwich are far more entertaining to watch than Fulham

And Svensson says he''s the answer to the striking problems!?

Yeah, After coming out with that comment in the press yesterday old Matty has done himself no favours with his performance today. I had my doubts over him when we first signed him but then he won me over and now im beginning to wonder again. Hes a top bloke but i dont think he can hack it at this level. Head up though!

City were rubbish today. Fulham are a poor side but in my opinion were not flattered by the result. They could have had two more if it had not been for Greeno. He even got a partial block on Cole''s goal so I vote Greeno as man of the match.

The team played with no conviction or direction. Worthington''s tactical nous is non existent and the majority of his buys have been money wasted as far as I''m concerned. No it''s time for the optimists to hold their hands up and admit that City will be in the fizzy league next season. WORTHY OUT I say and the sooner the better. His dismissal will not save us but at least we will be in better hands to compete for promotion next season and he will not be able to waste any more transfer money.

[quote]And Svensson says he''s the answer to the striking problems!?[/quote]

Think he talked that one up today, thats his worst performance this season, come back Crouchy!

[quote]Think he talked that one up today, thats his worst performance this season, come back Crouchy![/quote]

Are you kidding me! I wish people would stop calling for us to sign him. He really aint that good. Move on!

Cityangel, can you tell me which of Svensson''s games have been a good performance over 90 minutes, because I must have missed them.  How frustrating must it be for McKenzie who never stops running for the team, to play alongside a man who barely breaks into a sweat.

[quote]Think he talked that one up today, thats his worst performance this season, come back Crouchy![/quote]

I wish people would stop going on about bringing back Peter Crouch. He is not what we need. How many goals would he get us in our fight for survival. He was pretty good for us last year but nothing special. I seriously hope he doesnt come back. We gotta move on.

Whats wrong with Jarvis?. Why did not Worthy pull off Svensson and give Jarvis a crack? After all if he is good enough for the subs bench why not the team? Who knows he could be the answer to our striker problem.

I honestly believe that the problem is not with Worthy or the coaching staff.

Nor does it lay to some extent, at the players feet!. They always, give 100% effort.

For me, the fault is with the board''s lack of serious investment in the team and manager''s ambitions, since they gained premiership status last season.

You can''t make a silk purse out of a sow''s ear you know!. 

[quote]I honestly believe that the problem is not with Worthy or the coaching staff. Nor does it lay to some extent, at the players feet!. They always, give 100% effort. For me, the fault is with the board...[/quote]

You can''t spend money you don''t have either

Do you think the Premier League funding department goes: "Here you go Norwich, here''s £20m...enjoy!" Sorry to break this to you, but it just doesn''t work like that.

We''re a club in debt...heavy debt. If spending just a few million this year means we''ll still be a football club in 5,10,15,25 years, then that''ll do me. Spending over £5m this season and going down would be a travesty, and I''m glad the board aren''t taking that risk.

Remember how Charlton did it? Stop being so unrealistic and expecting things that could potentially ruin our club if it goes wrong. Being in the Premiership does not make us rich. If we go down this season, I think we''ll be in a very strong position to come back up...and if we do go down and come back up, we''ll be in a position to ''push the boat out'' and spend £3-4m each on a good few players. It''s slow progress, but we''re on an adventure that will take this club into the Premiership on a permanent basis, it takes time, effort, hard work and determination...from everyone.

Let''s keep it real shall we?

As for Saturday''s performance, see my thread on defending too deep!

In the summer the board provided Worthington with several million quid which he spent on EIGHT players.

Since then Worthington has played ONE of those players regularly, with occassional and ineffective appearances from some of the others.

Its Worthington''s b****y fault!

Which incidently Wiz, is what you were saying yourself a couple of weeks ago, but now it seems we''re back to this rather tedious line of blaming the board for everything.

Yes that''s right, this is the board that took over a virtually bankrupt club drifting in the mid 1st division. The finances have been turned round, the ground is being improved, there''s an excellent football in the community scheme, the academy has been properly establised, and oh yes we''re in the Premiership.

Absolutely shocking, we should have got rid of this board ages ago.

QUOTE: It''s slow progress, but we''re on an adventure that will take this club into the Premiership on a permanent basis, it takes time, effort, hard work and determination...from everyone.

campbell:

I really appreciate your long term vision and i think you have a great point there... but I also think a lot of people here, including myself aren''t as able to accept this as you are. We just spent nearly a decade in the lower leagues, and I''m frustrated as hell to think we might be going back down again so soon...

But I do appreciate your post, sometimes seeing things in writing, helps you to digest it easier, I hope that I can build the confidence up that you seem to have about the possiblity of us playing in fizzy ball next year... I just hope we can make it back up the season directly after should we go down... before we get stuck again...

Interesting post Creative,,,a bit "Life Of Brian", but never the less you make a valid point about where a great deal of the responsibility lies.