Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Grayson's Optimism

Grayson stated that his team were the only ones who were going to win on saturday, he is still optimistic about promotion, etc... He couldn''t see us score, well he should have had a look at the form book shouldn''t he? We''ve scored a hatfull of goals in the last 10 minutes...

Do you see them getting promotion... I don''t think you get promotion, just because you''ve had one "good" game, lost against the team who''s top :-D and you''re not really threatening to score...

WHAT A PLONKER :-)

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]

Grayson stated that his team were the only ones who were going to win on saturday, he is still optimistic about promotion, etc... He couldn''t see us score, well he should have had a look at the form book shouldn''t he? We''ve scored a hatfull of goals in the last 10 minutes...

Do you see them getting promotion... I don''t think you get promotion, just because you''ve had one "good" game, lost against the team who''s top :-D and you''re not really threatening to score...

WHAT A PLONKER :-)

[/quote]

I can''t believe he actually said Leeds dominated for the best part of 90 minutes, was I at the wronge match or what?

Leeds may have just about edged it on points on occasion throughout the match, but they by no means played ''well'' any more than we did.  It was a war of attrition, and if he''s happy to see Leeds punting long balls up to an uninterested Beckford, then fair play and enjoy the play-offs...

yes he is a planker bless him... he is just worried that millwall will take over which i think they will. to be honest both teams where not their best... but its the result that matters!!!

The blokes clutching at straws because their recent form has been dire (LLLWDD). . It was a poor game of football to be honest. Desperately short on quality at times and I dont think either side can say they played well as such. More that they cancelled each other out. Did Leeds really have the better of it? All the stats seemed to point our way. More possession, more corners and more shots.

At this stage I am afraid its all about the points. As the Leeds fans delighted in reminding me at Elland Road. I thought that was some of the best football we''ve played in years up there, but if you make dreadful mistakes like we did for both goals you can''t expect to win. I would class allowing a play of Stephen Hughes quality to run down unopposed down their left flank as a pretty bad mistake.

[quote user="Top of the League Lass"]yes he is a planker bless him... he is just worried that millwall will take over which i think they will. to be honest both teams where not their best... but its the result that matters!!!
[/quote]

Yes and he isn''t the only one!

God anyone who is associated with leeds are cocky arent they.

Oh look at us we will win promotion, ummm sorry grayson darling but im looking forward to watching you lot in the play offs.

sitting on the sofa with a glass of champagne in my hand. thinking that could of been leeds doing this

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Leeds may have just about edged it on points on occasion throughout the match, but they by no means played ''well'' any more than we did. 

It was a war of attrition, and if he''s happy to see Leeds punting long balls up to an uninterested Beckford, then fair play and enjoy the play-offs...
[/quote]

Leeds played a  bit of "pretty" football in midfield but it was all in front of our back four. Possession means bugger all unless you do something with it, and I thought Leeds were horribly unadventurous for a side that needed to win. As I predicted last week, I don''t think they knew whether to stick or twist, and on the one occasion they threw players forward we punished them.

I thought Leeds looked the better footballing side on the day but looked less likely to score than we did, our back 4 looked very comfortable all game and even when we got past the 85min mark I still believed a Norwich goal was just around the corner because that''s just the way it''s been for us this season.

Grayson is talking absolute ballcocks, no team dominated the game but if anything we had more decent chances than they did. By my reckoning we had two very good chances plus the goal and they really only had that Snotgrass shot that went across the face of goal and the Grella back pass. We had more posession more shots and more corners although I thought they seemed to pass the ball better in the middle than we did without really threatening to score. A draw would have been the right result on balance but I think if anyone deserved a winner it was us.

Come on.  Be realistic.  He is the Leeds manager.   What do you expect him to say.  " We were crap and it is now defeat in the playoffs for us"?

Every manager talks bollocks after a game.  Remember Worthington?   One of the worst for bigging up a poor performance.

Grayson is doing his job.   Grow up and leave it at that.