Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Should we sack Lambert once promoted?

[quote user="Top of the League Lass"]can''t believe that you are comparing lambert to this... Lambert has been the best manager we have had for a long while. he turned our club round... if he can make that bigger difference to our club he will deffo do well with us in the Championship :)[/quote]Did Worthy not turn the club around in his first few years with us too???

[quote user="Top of the League Lass"]can''t believe that you are comparing lambert to this... Lambert has been the best manager we have had for a long while. he turned our club round... if he can make that bigger difference to our club he will deffo do well with us in the Championship :)
[/quote]

Comparing Lambert to Worthington when he got us promoted is very valid indeed

While I agree that there are quite a lot of incredibly stupid people posting on this thread there is something I would like to pick up on...[quote user="ellis206"]...and a lot of people on this board (Who are still regular posters) absolutely slated our board for not sacking him as soon as we got promoted to the Premiership[/quote]Now this might have made the post vaguely valid were it not for one thing.  Who were all the people who slated the board for not sacking him when we won promoted?  I would like to see evidence of this.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]While I agree that there are quite a lot of incredibly stupid people posting on this thread there is something I would like to pick up on...[quote user="ellis206"]...and a lot of people on this board (Who are still regular posters) absolutely slated our board for not sacking him as soon as we got promoted to the Premiership[/quote]Now this might have made the post vaguely valid were it not for one thing.  Who were all the people who slated the board for not sacking him when we won promoted?  I would like to see evidence of this.[/quote]I have seen a few posts suggesting in hindsight that we should have sacked Worthy after promotion.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Top of the League Lass"]why are we talking about him getting sacked then enjoy the moment lets stop getting negitive [/quote]

Ah, I give up. 

[/quote]haha I don''t blame you mate... the kind of attitude that saw us be relegated twice in 4 years is still there amongst many!None of us think that Lambert should be sacked, unless of course Bob Franklin is still about hoping for the return of Gunny??? [:^)]What the OP was trying to point out Top of the Leagu Lass, is that many fans are forthcoming with opinions which are easy to give in hindsight, but not so many can give an opinion that many will say was the right decision to be made a year or two down the line.I was always of the opinion that Lambert would do well for us and nothing has changed that.  How well we do remains to be seen, but I hope that he can lead us in to contention for a play-off spot next season.  If we do not achieve that then it might not be the managers fault - obviously we need to find some funds to bring in "the bit of help" that his squad will require.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]While I agree that there are quite a lot of incredibly stupid people posting on this thread there is something I would like to pick up on...[quote user="ellis206"]...and a lot of people on this board (Who are still regular posters) absolutely slated our board for not sacking him as soon as we got promoted to the Premiership[/quote]Now this might have made the post vaguely valid were it not for one thing.  Who were all the people who slated the board for not sacking him when we won promoted?  I would like to see evidence of this.[/quote]From what I remember there were far more who were asking for him to be sacked after we were relegated?I think the right time for him to go was a few months in to the season that we were relegated and certainly no later than Christmas that year.  It was clear from seeing the first few games of that season that we didn''t have what it was going to take to bounce back to the Premiership at the first attempt.  When that became obvious at most clubs up and down the land then the manager would be history!I am sure that Lambert''s job would be under threat if we struggle next year.  I am sure that many will blame the board instead of the manager if that happns?  But we have to move on from the success of this season and keep moving forwards.  I expect a top half finish at least and am sure that we have the management team to do it, but they need enough help from those in the boardroom to make their dreams and those of the fans a reality.I am sure that Lambert and McNally & Co will not sit comfortably with finishing in the lower Championship next season.  They are passionate, ambitious guys and they realise that their careers and standing within the game are on the line.  When it comes to NCFC these two guys were brought in to get results on the pitch and their reputations will live or die by that until they move on to somewhere else.

[quote user="Stranger44"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]whatever drugs you are on Ellis, i want some!
[/quote]

For goodness sake....the OP is just poking fun at all those people that went on about how useless Delia and board were for not sacking Worthy earlier and how he didn''t have the experience to manage in the premiership. Going by that argument one could say the same about Lambert and the Championship. The OP doesn''t seem to actually think he should be sacked! The post really isn''t that far fetched and makes a lot more sense than a lot of the rubbish posted on here - well if you read it properly that is! As for the claim that it''s the worst post ever, well I can only presume those people don''t spend much time on here! People love to jump on the bandwagon and blame the board for everything and no doubt if things go wrong with Lambert, despite what he has achieved so far, the board will get blamed. That''s all the OP seems to be saying so give him a break!

[/quote]

It''s not that good !

[quote user="ellis206"]I remember coming on these boards a few seasons ago when we sacked Worthy, the general view of a lot of Norwich fans, was that we sacked him far to late, and a lot of people on this board (Who are still regular posters) absolutely slated our board for not sacking him as soon as we got promoted to the Premiership, due to his lack of experience, and he was obviously out of his depth and we should have got a more experienced manager to keep us in the top flight, well these people were armed with the power of hindsight.So without the power of hindsight, who thinks we should sack Lambert now? as he''s never managed in the Championship before and has no experience. btw I don''t want him sacked, just interested if the same people will use the same reasoning for another manager.[/quote]

Although Ellis is trying to be clever (and failing badly, but that’s my opinion) the two were in different cycles of the career with Norwich City. Lambert is on his way up after a year in charge whereas Worthington had been at City for a few years and had reached his peak, but that’s the old hindsight thing again.

A more valid comparison might have been sacking Worthington after the play off final as he had turned us round the previous season.

[quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="ellis206"]I remember coming on these boards a few seasons ago when we sacked Worthy, the general view of a lot of Norwich fans, was that we sacked him far to late, and a lot of people on this board (Who are still regular posters) absolutely slated our board for not sacking him as soon as we got promoted to the Premiership, due to his lack of experience, and he was obviously out of his depth and we should have got a more experienced manager to keep us in the top flight, well these people were armed with the power of hindsight.So without the power of hindsight, who thinks we should sack Lambert now? as he''s never managed in the Championship before and has no experience. btw I don''t want him sacked, just interested if the same people will use the same reasoning for another manager.[/quote]

Although Ellis is trying to be clever (and failing badly, but that’s my opinion) the two were in different cycles of the career with Norwich City. Lambert is on his way up after a year in charge whereas Worthington had been at City for a few years and had reached his peak, but that’s the old hindsight thing again.

A more valid comparison might have been sacking Worthington after the play off final as he had turned us round the previous season.[/quote]No...... I''m not trying to be clever, I''m pointing out the fact that after we were relegated, people on here were saying Worthy should have been sacked as soon as we had won promotion to the Premiership, even though I cannot remember one single person saying he should be sacked at the time of promotion. Just seeing if these people will stand up and say Lambert should be sacked now, its the same formula as the Worthy situation, won promotion, never managed in the higher league before etc. And yes your right, Lambert is on the way up after 1 year, where as it took Worthy a few years, but we''re in league 1 for heavens sake, its a lot easier to get out of this league for us then it is the championship!