Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Should we sack Lambert once promoted?

I remember coming on these boards a few seasons ago when we sacked Worthy, the general view of a lot of Norwich fans, was that we sacked him far to late, and a lot of people on this board (Who are still regular posters) absolutely slated our board for not sacking him as soon as we got promoted to the Premiership, due to his lack of experience, and he was obviously out of his depth and we should have got a more experienced manager to keep us in the top flight, well these people were armed with the power of hindsight.So without the power of hindsight, who thinks we should sack Lambert now? as he''s never managed in the Championship before and has no experience. btw I don''t want him sacked, just interested if the same people will use the same reasoning for another manager.

Excellent post Ellis, I can see where you''re coming from, but hasn''t it already started with the "cracked diamond" and playing the wrong players?

We must only sack him if we do go up, we''re a shambles. If we lost every game until the end of the season (very likely) we''ll only get play-offs. [:@]

I reckon we should sack Lambert he has never done it in the championship, his inexperience will catch us out. We should also ship out the deadwood such as Holt, Martin, Doherty, Smith and Forster. They are not proven at that level either. I would much rather some journeymen footballers like Dele Adebola and an average workaday manager like Colin Lee.

Sorry but you cannot be serious. The bloke is one of the most sought after managers in the country.

[quote user="ellis206"]I remember coming on these boards a few seasons ago when we sacked Worthy, the general view of a lot of Norwich fans, was that we sacked him far to late, and a lot of people on this board (Who are still regular posters) absolutely slated our board for not sacking him as soon as we got promoted to the Premiership, due to his lack of experience, and he was obviously out of his depth and we should have got a more experienced manager to keep us in the top flight, well these people were armed with the power of hindsight.
So without the power of hindsight, who thinks we should sack Lambert now? as he''s never managed in the Championship before and has no experience.
btw I don''t want him sacked, just interested if the same people will use the same reasoning for another manager.
[/quote]

Even without this, I have every reason to think that you are an idiot.

Did any of you actually read the original post. It is being suggested that the board sack Lambert, the poster is questioning those fans who said that Worthington should have been sacked when we went to the Prem and their ridiculous reasons as to why he would fail.

I don''t see why anyone would have sacked Worthy BEFORE we had a crack at the Premiership. How demoralising would that have been for the club. And i''d be very suprised if people slated the board for not sacking Worthy after winning the Div 1 title...even with hindsight it would have been a ludicrous season.

I think we realise we have a special manager with us at the moment. He is going onto big things, be it with this club or another club in the future. You hold onto your top assets for as long as possible. If we have another Martin O''Neill in the making here, why the heck would we want to sack him?

[quote user="Metal Militia"]Did any of you actually read the original post. It is being suggested that the board sack Lambert, the poster is questioning those fans who said that Worthington should have been sacked when we went to the Prem and their ridiculous reasons as to why he would fail.[/quote]

Yes - pointless and irrelevant.

[quote user="ellis206"]I remember coming on these boards a few seasons ago when we sacked Worthy, the general view of a lot of Norwich fans, was that we sacked him far to late, and a lot of people on this board (Who are still regular posters) absolutely slated our board for not sacking him as soon as we got promoted to the Premiership, due to his lack of experience, and he was obviously out of his depth and we should have got a more experienced manager to keep us in the top flight, well these people were armed with the power of hindsight.
So without the power of hindsight, who thinks we should sack Lambert now? as he''s never managed in the Championship before and has no experience.
btw I don''t want him sacked, just interested if the same people will use the same reasoning for another manager.
[/quote]oh dear [:|]

[quote user="ellis206"]I remember coming on these boards a few seasons ago when we sacked Worthy, the general view of a lot of Norwich fans, was that we sacked him far to late, and a lot of people on this board (Who are still regular posters) absolutely slated our board for not sacking him as soon as we got promoted to the Premiership, due to his lack of experience, and he was obviously out of his depth and we should have got a more experienced manager to keep us in the top flight, well these people were armed with the power of hindsight.So without the power of hindsight, who thinks we should sack Lambert now? as he''s never managed in the Championship before and has no experience. btw I don''t want him sacked, just interested if the same people will use the same reasoning for another manager.[/quote]Are you mentally retarded?

[/quote]

Yes most definitely.....We must sack him before he elopes to Celtic via Gretna Green. That way we get in first.

That''ll learn him that Norfolk Folk aren''t fools....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]whatever drugs you are on Ellis, i want some!
[/quote]

For goodness sake....the OP is just poking fun at all those people that went on about how useless Delia and board were for not sacking Worthy earlier and how he didn''t have the experience to manage in the premiership. Going by that argument one could say the same about Lambert and the Championship. The OP doesn''t seem to actually think he should be sacked! The post really isn''t that far fetched and makes a lot more sense than a lot of the rubbish posted on here - well if you read it properly that is! As for the claim that it''s the worst post ever, well I can only presume those people don''t spend much time on here! People love to jump on the bandwagon and blame the board for everything and no doubt if things go wrong with Lambert, despite what he has achieved so far, the board will get blamed. That''s all the OP seems to be saying so give him a break!

[quote user="Romantic"]I love the smell of satire in the morning.[/quote]haha it''s actually a pretty good post from the OP.Lot''s of City fans can voice strong opinions in hindsight, but few come up with views that hold much water for any length of time and most are even pretty shy about giving an opinion as they are scared that they may be proved to be wrong.We all support the club and should be able to give an opinion no matter what it is.Many of the regulars who drink in The Nelson after a match laughed their socks off at a certain regular who told us that we would be back and would win promotion this year after the 7-1 defeat to Colchester on the opening day.  He now often reminds many of us what we said to him on that day and boy does it make me laugh! [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Romantic"]I love the smell of satire in the morning.
[/quote]

haha it''s actually a pretty good post from the OP.

Lot''s of City fans can voice strong opinions in hindsight, but few come up with views that hold much water for any length of time and most are even pretty shy about giving an opinion as they are scared that they may be proved to be wrong.

We all support the club and should be able to give an opinion no matter what it is.
[/quote]

Well said Smudger - I completely agree with you.

The number of people who have failed to read the OP''s post properly is unbelievable.

Didn''t you learn anything at school?  Always read the question properly![:^)]

can''t believe that you are comparing lambert to this... Lambert has been the best manager we have had for a long while. he turned our club round... if he can make that bigger difference to our club he will deffo do well with us in the Championship :)