Sign in to follow this  
Lambert is King

Stockport game

yesterday this was a sell out, however it looks like Stockport have returned loads of tickets and the club have just put them on sale - looks like about 250 so you will need to get in quick

When played them a few years back when they were relegated,not the iwan hat trick match,a season or or so later,they were agreat bunch of lads who sang some funny songs taking the mick out of themselves..Hope they stay in biz

Looked on some stockport website and they have got an allocation of 400 tickets and have sold around 100 so far so may be a very small turnout. Suppose you cant really blame them as there bottom of the league. also they were complaining about ticket prices aswell as for some reason we have this as a grade A match.Was thinking as they are so far adrift of survival surely there is a chance of us relegating them as its what the 6th last game before the end of the season?

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Looked on some stockport website and they have got an allocation of 400 tickets and have sold around 100 so far so may be a very small turnout. Suppose you cant really blame them as there bottom of the league. also they were complaining about ticket prices aswell as for some reason we have this as a grade A match.

Was thinking as they are so far adrift of survival surely there is a chance of us relegating them as its what the 6th last game before the end of the season?
[/quote]

Us relegating them is a possibility, but I don''t think it will happen.  After we play them, they will still have 6 games remaining.

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Looked on some stockport website and they have got an allocation of 400 tickets and have sold around 100 so far so may be a very small turnout. Suppose you cant really blame them as there bottom of the league. also they were complaining about ticket prices aswell as for some reason we have this as a grade A match.

Was thinking as they are so far adrift of survival surely there is a chance of us relegating them as its what the 6th last game before the end of the season?
[/quote]

Grade A match as a bank holiday - we would have sold out whatever the price so cant blame the club for using the game to get extra revenue in

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

Grade A match as a bank holiday - we would have sold out whatever the price so cant blame the club for using the game to get extra revenue in

Or alternatively you could say ripping off the fans that have given them such loyal support this season

[/quote]

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or alternatively you could say ripping off the fans that have them such loyal support this season

[quote user="Bomber"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or alternatively you could say ripping off the fans that have them such loyal support this season

[/quote]

Or you could define loyal supporters as season ticket holders, who are unaffected by the pricing for a one-off game.

And remind me, where does the money go from this minor price hike? McNally''s pocket? No. To our debt ridden club? Yes.

I don''t think we can really complain too much about this game being graded ''A'', given that it is a bank holiday - though it does now seem a bit daft being against the bottom club. Has to be said that since there''s the best part of 20000 season ticket holders, it is only a relatively few people who have to pay the casual price.

[quote user="Puzzy magnet "][quote user="Bomber"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or you could define loyal supporters as season ticket holders, who are unaffected by the pricing for a one-off game.

And remind me, where does the money go from this minor price hike? McNally''s pocket? No. To our debt ridden club? Yes.

[/quote]

Quite right Puzzy - we have 3 season tickets on which we did not take rebates on even though I couldnt really afford it. What did that rebate pay for - Grant Holt - which of course helped get us to where we are. I dont suppose if we would have been mid table you would have wanted to go to the game bomber, O well lets put the prices down and see what you post about the lack of signings next year.  

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="Puzzy magnet "][quote user="Bomber"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quite right Puzzy - we have 3 season tickets on which we did not take rebates on even though I couldnt really afford it. What did that rebate pay for - Grant Holt - which of course helped get us to where we are. I dont suppose if we would have been mid table you would have wanted to go to the game bomber, O well lets put the prices down and see what you post about the lack of signings next year.  

[/quote]

I wont be here anyway will be on holiday just saying not everyone for whatever reason can have a season ticket and there are still 5000 casual members - this club has done well this season in able to recoup money for players with between 24 and 25000 at every game so dont come the old ''this club needs the money with me'' after all we are playing in league 1 therefore I presume paying league 1 wages.  Just stating a fact that Grade A games be it on a bank holiday or not are graded as such due to the quality of the opposition (ie, Leeds being 27.00 rather than 18.00).  Whethere this was a Bank holiday game or not we would still have had a full house going on past games and I am sorry but Stockport does not for me constitute a top team in this division.  After all if this club ''needs the money'' then it is purely down to the boards past cock ups not ours. 

[quote user="Bomber"][quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="Puzzy magnet "][quote user="Bomber"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wont be here anyway will be on holiday just saying not everyone for whatever reason can have a season ticket and there are still 5000 casual members - this club has done well this season in able to recoup money for players with between 24 and 25000 at every game so dont come the old ''this club needs the money with me'' after all we are playing in league 1 therefore I presume paying league 1 wages.  Just stating a fact that Grade A games be it on a bank holiday or not are graded as such due to the quality of the opposition (ie, Leeds being 27.00 rather than 18.00).  Whethere this was a Bank holiday game or not we would still have had a full house going on past games and I am sorry but Stockport does not for me constitute a top team in this division.  After all if this club ''needs the money'' then it is purely down to the boards past cock ups not ours. 

[/quote]

I blame that bloke who sells badges out side the ground, think of the proffit we could get from them

[quote user="Bomber"][quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="Puzzy magnet "][quote user="Bomber"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be honest I go to see Norwich not the opposition. I suggest £26 a ticket is a fair price for a debt-ridden club for a Bank Holiday game on a Championship run-in. Fans have been spoilt with cheap tickets at Norwich over the years, it''s part of the reason we haven''t got a pot to piss in despite selling out most weeks. Still, you''ll be on holiday, so don''t worry about it pal...

[quote user="Eadienhucks"]When played them a few years back when they were relegated,not the iwan hat trick match,a season or or so later,they were agreat bunch of lads who sang some funny songs taking the mick out of themselves..Hope they stay in biz[/quote]

Agreed! I was at that game, when the news came through we were in the play offs they gave us a massive applause! One of the best set of away fans i can remember!

Looks like they may have a buyer so really hope all works out for them!