Sign in to follow this  
Bristol Canary

Southampton's Michail Antonio....

Thinking slighty ahead in respect of squad building in the summer I wanted to see what people thought of Antonio as a possible signing? Scored a good goal yesterday and his contract at Reading expires in the summer so would be available for a minimal fee. Personally a natural right footed winger is perhaps something our squad lacks and would enable us to use a different formation to the diamond, he also has that long throw that Southampton seem to have taken advantage off this season.... so what are peoples thoughts?

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]He''s not even a good player in League 1, quick but has absolutely no awareness and just keeps his head down. Can see Reading letting him go in the summer.[/quote]He must be learning from Otsemobor.

Yeh but he is another young hungry player, hasn''t been playing League football for long and certainly looks like he has the attributes to do well with abit of coaching.... To me he seems like a player Lambert is looking for young and hungry, for me I think he would be worth the risk.

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]They won''t let him go - they''re building for next year and will probably run away with it like we have.[/quote]

Who won''t let him go? And who are building for next year?

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]He''s not even a good player in League 1, quick but has absolutely no awareness and just keeps his head down. Can see Reading letting him go in the summer.[/quote]He is an average League 1 player at the mo.  I know alot of Saints fans as I live in Southampton and I also get to a few games and what he has is pace and a bit more pace but that is about it.  A big risk to take into the Championship I think.

Do you think we missed the boat not putting a bid in for Puncheon? He has impressed me down that right flank. Good for Southampton and MK Dons I thought.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]He''s not even a good player in League 1, quick but has absolutely no awareness and just keeps his head down. Can see Reading letting him go in the summer.[/quote]He must be learning from Otsemobor.[/quote]

Otemeboor was mentioned by a euphoric Southampton supporter on Radio 5 phone-in after the JPT final as one of several January acquisitions which have made Southampton the "best team" in our division. Spoony (?) agreed with him and, ignoring Norwich and Crewe, simply mentioned that Otsemeboor had "good fundamentals" from his days as a Liverpool youth player !