Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Leeds Fans - Trouble at Compleat Angler

Smudger,

I would have been happy to but (and maybe I should have made this clearer at the start) I didn''t actually see the punch.

You were both behind me at the time and I turn around in time to see him grab you from behind, but at that point I turned back around to see where I was going. I only heard later from the guy''s mate what he''d done.

Although I didn''t see the actual punch I did see some forceful contact in that it looked like he grabbed you round the neck from behind.

[quote user="Dan"]Smudger,

I would have been happy to but (and maybe I should have made this clearer at the start) I didn''t actually see the punch.

You were both behind me at the time and I turn around in time to see him grab you from behind, but at that point I turned back around to see where I was going. I only heard later from the guy''s mate what he''d done.

Although I didn''t see the actual punch I did see some forceful contact in that it looked like he grabbed you round the neck from behind.[/quote]Are you not contradicting what you are saying here a little bit Dan?  On page 5 you said the following... "I saw what happened to you mate, unfortunately the oxygen thief who hit

you
was in my party (although that was the first time I''d ever met him)

and I thought he was a complete knob."Oh and he didn''t try to grab me around the kneck, that was my brother who he grabbed and threw a punch which missed at (this was after he had abused a young lad called Andy who he chased and gave a few very unsavoury verbals to and claimed that he knew him as he was from Norwich and issued a few threats to him) - I was chatting to you or another young Leeds fan several yards behind them at the time and this is when I got involved.I can understand you not wanting to get involved if you know this guy, but please do not start fabricating your story.

Hey Smudger.

I''m not fabricating my story at all, maybe I should have been clearer in the first instance.

I did see him grab someone round the neck (I assumed it was you, because I was then told that the guy had hit you/your brother).

I remember seeing him chase a guy down the road and giving him some verbals just past the bridge (probably level with the floating restaurant) and then later saw him grab someone round the neck (outside the fitness place on the corner).

Maybe I was a bit too keen to offer some sympathy having seen this idiot attack someone and in my haste I didn''t quite make myself clear.

Like I said before, I don''t actually know the guy personally and I''d have no problem being a witness. But just so you know, that is exactly what I saw.

[quote user="Dan"]Hey Smudger.

I''m not fabricating my story at all, maybe I should have been clearer in the first instance.

I did see him grab someone round the neck (I assumed it was you, because I was then told that the guy had hit you/your brother).

I remember seeing him chase a guy down the road and giving him some verbals just past the bridge (probably level with the floating restaurant) and then later saw him grab someone round the neck (outside the fitness place on the corner).

Maybe I was a bit too keen to offer some sympathy having seen this idiot attack someone and in my haste I didn''t quite make myself clear.

Like I said before, I don''t actually know the guy personally and I''d have no problem being a witness. But just so you know, that is exactly what I saw.[/quote]Ok no problem with that mate - that version kind of syncs with a couple of things I missed on the day itself and learnt (or became more clear to me) only an hour or so ago today after chatting to my brother about these events for the first time rather than the football and celebrating another 3 points on Saturday night.Events do get blown out of proportion easily when putting a story in writing on here.  I think you may be confusing me with my brother also as it was him who the guy attempted to grab around the kneck and failed after he had told the idiot Leeds fan to calm down after chasing young Andy (the guy with blonde hair down the road).

Yeah I remember the guy with the blonde hair, it was hard to miss.

I agree mate. Easy to blow things out of proportion sometimes.