Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Leeds Fans - Trouble at Compleat Angler

Hey Guys,

Leeds fan here from Norwich.

Just thought I''d start off by saying SMUDGER - I saw what happened to you mate, unfortunately the oxygen thief who hit you was in my party (although that was the first time I''d ever met him) and I thought he was a complete knob.

I have to say that most Norwich fans were fine except from a few young chavs who thought they would have a go at us in the Woolworths car park after the game.

As others have said, the minority spoil it for the rest. I''m sure Norwich have their own small group of numbnuts who are only out to cause trouble.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]let''s have another of your hilarious and original ''We''re Doomed''..... thingys? So very funny.[:|][/quote]You''re saying that something that was never intended to be funny.....er.....wasn''t actually funny? [:S]

If being funny means having Tangy following you around crayoning mega-lols everywhere, I think I''ll keep it straight![:|]

[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="Dan"]Hey Guys, Leeds fan here from Norwich. Just thought I''d start off by saying SMUDGER - I saw what happened to you mate, unfortunately the oxygen thief who hit you was in my party (although that was the first time I''d ever met him) and I thought he was a complete knob. I have to say that most Norwich fans were fine except from a few young chavs who thought they would have a go at us in the Woolworths car park after the game. As others have said, the minority spoil it for the rest. I''m sure Norwich have their own small group of numbnuts who are only out to cause trouble.[/quote]

Credit to you for that mate. Hopefully now the game''s out of the way we can concentrate on our own fixtures and let the animosity die down a bit. I saw things on Saturday (from both sets of fans) which were unacceptable if I''m honest.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Mello Yello"] Go on, tell us if you were at the game.....If not....just give us a Doomed thingy....[:''(][:''(][:''(]

Then you can go and play darts with the Nutster.....and aim for the ''Duller Top''...[|-)]

[/quote]

Go on Lappin tell him if you managed to get a ticket for the game and put him out of his misery.

[/quote]Happily, I aquired a ticket for Saturdays game and what a day it was. A big thanks should go to Delia, Michael and Mr Foulger for the magnificent way they have turned things round after last years debacle...........don''t you think?

[quote user="Smudger"]What do people think on here?  Should I follow it up and try to press charges on this particular fan who made Leeds look like a bunch of idiots?[/quote]

Absolutely. Get the guy a football banning order. No place for idiots like that.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]

[quote user="Smudger"]What do people think on here?  Should I follow it up and try to press charges on this particular fan who made Leeds look like a bunch of idiots?[/quote]

Absolutely. Get the guy a football banning order. No place for idiots like that.

[/quote]

Do football banning orders actually work though? Half of Leeds away supporters must be due for a banning order for the way they behave at away games, yet the same northern monkeys turn up to away games in large numbers time and time again. Looking back at the Norwich guy who got banned a few weeks ago for essentially steping several feet outside of the stand makes me wonder if Leed FC and the Police are doing enough to prevent trouble makers from attending football match''s in general? Because if one of our own can get banned for such a minor offence while 100s of "ard" Leeds fan can get away with abuseing and threatening everyone in seight what''s the point?

[quote user="dreamteam"]Yes , there was fighting between City and Leeds fans On POW Road, with Leeds fans getting the worst of it.[/quote]

I said this before, but at midday 20 or so norwich BLOKES started chasing about 10 leeds kids(17/18) near roccos and up P.o.W rd .All because of some mouthing off!  That made me ashamed,okay i nor my bro in his day were no saints,but we didnt pick on kids,and if anyone remembers the west ham riverside road/kfc P.o.W fight in apr 83,that was blokes against blokes withno innocents being involved.I didnt see that as was too young but eastern eve paper carried.a big spread about it and when some went to court(bro) ...That sort of thing belongs in the 70`s 80`s and picking on kids anytime is sad

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="marchisio"]were you on your phone walking down that road walking towards morrisons. seen some bald bloke walk past our group on  his phone saying he''d been smacked and got some lids tw*t banned from city.
[/quote]

Yeah that was me.

As for somebody on the other thread talking about lads and causals and stuff I think he is a little naive.  Whenever violence occurs in a City Centre on a Saturday afternoon there are always innocent people who should not have to be involved or be witness to such scenes caught up in it.

There is a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE between friendly banter and being abusive and swinging punches etc!

Was this Dirty Leeds fan entitled to throw a punch at me because me and my brother are skinheads who wear labels?

He was a grade ''A; prat who would of started on anybody - simple as... he wasn''t big, he wasn''t hard, he was just a moron, who hit somebody who hit somebody and expected that he was going to get away with it because people were frightened of him.  I just laughed in his face because he had done it in front of about 10 to 15 police officers who seemed like they did not want to get involved.  I am sure that the Police Officers who witnessed it would of let him continue to the ground and watch the game if we did not make such a fuss.

The Police and authorities wonder why football violence exists and a major part of it is because when something does flare up they all too often turn a blind eye to it.  The guy who made the statement in the EDP about the performance of the police force yesterday is a joke and should be forced to issue an apology to the many innocent people who were abused yesterday as his officers stood and watched.

[/quote]

Smudger I think you have to take things further, can''t let that thug get away with it, it might also encourage others to do the same and also make complaints about the lack of decent policing.

[quote user="Eadienhucks"]

[quote user="dreamteam"]Yes , there was fighting between City and Leeds fans On POW Road, with Leeds fans getting the worst of it.[/quote]

I said this before, but at midday 20 or so norwich BLOKES started chasing about 10 leeds kids(17/18) near roccos and up P.o.W rd .All because of some mouthing off!  That made me ashamed,okay i nor my bro in his day were no saints,but we didnt pick on kids,and if anyone remembers the west ham riverside road/kfc P.o.W fight in apr 83,that was blokes against blokes withno innocents being involved.I didnt see that as was too young but eastern eve paper carried.a big spread about it and when some went to court(bro) ...That sort of thing belongs in the 70`s 80`s and picking on kids anytime is sad

[/quote]

Aint like they are angels!

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="TheGoogler"]

[/quote]

Do football banning orders actually work though? Half of Leeds away supporters must be due for a banning order for the way they behave at away games, yet the same northern monkeys turn up to away games in large numbers time and time again. Looking back at the Norwich guy who got banned a few weeks ago for essentially steping several feet outside of the stand makes me wonder if Leed FC and the Police are doing enough to prevent trouble makers from attending football match''s in general? Because if one of our own can get banned for such a minor offence while 100s of "ard" Leeds fan can get away with abuseing and threatening everyone in seight what''s the point?

[/quote]

In all honesty at the time i didnt think about it too much as i was too fueled up with beer and pure ecstasy...... as we do against the scummers i ran towards the road the police try and take them up to wave them off and there were a few leeds fans which had broken the police barriers...... Although the police didnt have the strongest numbers the Leeds fans didnt do much almost just playing up to their reputation..... It could of been a hell of a lot worse its the closest i have ever come to kicking off at football but we all got pushed back by the old bill with their dogs!!!!

I heard the police sirons going off every 2 minutes for another 20 mins after the game but i dont know if it kicked off on POW road i assume it did with the number of different accounts on here they must of had there hands full...... Shocking to hear about the kids and the older fans getting abuse, find it a little far fetched but like a said before too many accounts and witnesses for it to be untrue. Their forum MOT (marching on together) said that it was a load of b******s about this but they would i suppose.....

Also want to clear up that their forum was saying about how their fans out sung us all day with them winning the banter...... im not having that at all our fans were brilliant saturday in fact i spoke to a steward after the game as i lost my wallet in the ground after going nuts with the goal and he said he had been working there for 35 years and he has never heard the Barclay that loud!!! Na na na na na na Leeds have fu*cked it up, fu*cked it, Leeds have fu*cked it up!!!!!!

OTBC, now we can finally call ourselves Champs!!!!

[quote user="ncfc90"]Was at Rocco''s before the match from 11am to 2.20 ish, about 200 of us left (ranging from 16 - 50) singing such as we all hate leeds scum, galatasaray, always look out for turks carrying knives etc. [/quote]

Oh dear, you sound like you''re proud to be a dickhead?

Hardly surprising it all kicked off when our own fans are acting like this..

[quote user="Dan"]Hey Guys,

Just thought I''d start off by saying SMUDGER - I saw what happened to you mate, unfortunately the oxygen thief who hit you was in my party (although that was the first time I''d ever met him) and I thought he was a complete knob.

I have to say that most Norwich fans were fine except from a few young chavs who thought they would have a go at us in the Woolworths car park after the game.

As others have said, the minority spoil it for the rest. I''m sure Norwich have their own small group of numbnuts who are only out to cause trouble.[/quote]

Were you the one with the ''Norwich Whites'' banner who spent more of the game gesturing at Norwich fans than actually watching the game??

[quote user="Dan"]Hey Guys, Leeds fan here from Norwich. Just thought I''d start off by saying SMUDGER - I saw what happened to you mate, unfortunately the oxygen thief who hit you was in my party (although that was the first time I''d ever met him) and I thought he was a complete knob. I have to say that most Norwich fans were fine except from a few young chavs who thought they would have a go at us in the Woolworths car park after the game. As others have said, the minority spoil it for the rest. I''m sure Norwich have their own small group of numbnuts who are only out to cause trouble.[/quote]

Were you the one with the ''Norwich Whites'' banner who spent more of the game gesturing at Norwich fans than actually watching the game??

Some Leeds fans are so pleasant...

QUOTE (Nate Dogg @ Mar 29 2010, 09:36 AM) *

I was also in the Compleat Angler (queuing for half an hour just to get a coke!), a load of Norwich turned up on the other side of the road, bit of chanting and a few objects thrown in either direction then the Police moved them on. One big looking bloke was walking past the outside terrace on our side of the bridge but waited until he was well past us before turning round and giving the ''come on'' sign whilst still walking backwards 

When the police let us out we walked to the ground and the Norwich lot were waiting in the corner of the Morrisons car park but the combined efforts of 4 policemen and a knee high barrier around the car park managed to keep them at bay. Didn''t see any punches thrown all day but I did manage to rape several grannies, push 3 women off the bridge and ripped the heads off a couple of babies before eating them with some fava beans and a nice chianti

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I was also in the Compleat Angler (queuing for half an hour just to get a coke!), a load of Norwich turned up on the other side of the road, bit of chanting and a few objects thrown in either direction then the Police moved them on. One big looking bloke was walking past the outside terrace on our side of the bridge but waited until he was well past us before turning round and giving the ''come on'' sign whilst still walking backwards 

When the police let us out we walked to the ground and the Norwich lot were waiting in the corner of the Morrisons car park but the combined efforts of 4 policemen and a knee high barrier around the car park managed to keep them at bay. Didn''t see any punches thrown all day but I did manage to rape several grannies, push 3 women off the bridge and ripped the heads off a couple of babies before eating them with some fava beans and a nice chianti

[/quote]

...Animals.

[/quote]

You''ve obviously found the forum for the intellectual wing of the Leeds support......

I was walking over the bridge when it was going on after being in the Nelson, and it was all a load of handbags really.[:)]

[quote user="NCFC91"]

[/quote]

No, not at all.

I didn''t have a banner and I can assure you I was watching the game.

[quote user="Dan"]Hey Guys,

As others have said, the minority spoil it for the rest. I''m sure Norwich have their own small group of numbnuts who are only out to cause trouble.[/quote]Thanks for your account of what happened and your honesty mate... [;)]Maybe you could confirm whether the Old Bill done as they promised and prevented him from entering Carrow Road to watch the match on Saturday afternoon?They did not seem like they wanted to get involved until they saw that we were not prepared to go anywhere unless they did do something.I spoke to some Leeds fans that were ok before and after the match.  I was even chatting to some young Leeds fan just prior to the incident where I was hit happening.Just no need for it - but I can handle myself when some knob like that does wanna flare up against me.  It could of quite easily have been somebody else who would not of handled things quite as well though!

I was also in the Compleat Angler (queuing for half an hour just to get a coke!), a load of Norwich turned up on the other side of the road, bit of chanting and a few objects thrown in either direction then the Police moved them on. One big looking bloke was walking past the outside terrace on our side of the bridge but waited until he was well past us before turning round and giving the ''come on'' sign whilst still walking backwards  When the police let us out we walked to the ground and the Norwich lot were waiting in the corner of the Morrisons car park but the combined efforts of 4 policemen and a knee high barrier around the car park managed to keep them at bay. Didn''t see any punches thrown all day but I did manage to rape several grannies, push 3 women off the bridge and ripped the heads off a couple of babies before eating them with some fava beans and a nice chianti
[/quote]Have to admit, I found that quite amusing...

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Mello Yello"] Go on, tell us if you were at the game.....If not....just give us a Doomed thingy....[:''(][:''(][:''(]

Then you can go and play darts with the Nutster.....and aim for the ''Duller Top''...[|-)]

[/quote]

Go on Lappin tell him if you managed to get a ticket for the game and put him out of his misery.

[/quote]Happily, I aquired a ticket for Saturdays game and what a day it was. A big thanks should go to Delia, Michael and Mr Foulger for the magnificent way they have turned things round after last years debacle...........don''t you think?[/quote]

...Was this you on Saturday? I thought you were a hoot....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]Why don''t you give Tangy one of your colouring books Mello, would go well with his crayons?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]Why don''t you give Tangy one of your colouring books Mello, would go well with his crayons?[/quote]

Snigger! Very good.....The Carra Red Card Comedy Club awaits....(That''ll be your second visit this season then?)..... 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Snigger! Very good.....The Carra Red Card Comedy Club awaits....(That''ll be your second visit this season then?)..... [/quote]You seem very keen to know when I go to matches......are you a burglar? [^o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Snigger! Very good.....The Carra Red Card Comedy Club awaits....(That''ll be your second visit this season then?)..... [/quote]You seem very keen to know when I go to matches......are you a burglar? [^o)][/quote]

No, I''m not a 

But how do you know I have colouring books.....are you stalking me?  They have a high value, and are unique works of art...

...but you can borrow them whilst you listen to Chris and Neil on Radio Snorefolk if you''re stuck for something to do on matchdays? Although some are quite difficult. Can you cope and stay within the lines?

Anyway, Mum''s come and told me it''s time for lights out....(but you probably know that anyway) Buono Notte! < (That''s Italian for Good Night).

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mello Yello"] Go on, tell us if you were at the game.....If not....just give us a Doomed thingy....[:''(][:''(][:''(]

[/quote]

Happily, I aquired a ticket for Saturdays game and what a day it was. [/quote]

Capt. Ludd:

Are you now saying that those yellow season tickets you flashed at me a couple of months ago in The Nelson after a game are not yours?

P.S. A big thanks should go to Delia and MWJ. for landing this club in the third tier of football for the first time in fifty years.

Smudger - Unfortunately said idiot was allowed into the ground and was stood pretty much next to me. I can only assume the Old Bill told him he couldn''t go, but didn''t actually do anything to prevent him getting in.

The ''young'' Leeds fan you were chatting to before it happened was either myself or my younger brother (depends on how young you mean). I remember you mentioning the copper who told you to cross the road at the bridge, even though the lights were green.

Like you say, some people can handle such things a lot better than others. I was pleased to see you didn''t lower yourself to his level and retaliate.

i didn''t see any trouble thank god... only in wetherspoons where a sing song was taken place and i surpose a few leeds fans didn''t like it.... there were loads of leeds in the pub but i think most of them new norwich fans so it was good!

Thanks again for your honesty Dan.

I have followed this up with the police today and am willing to press charges against this individual to prevent him from having a pop at other innocent individuals who are there to simply watch a game of football and have a bit of friendly banter.

I have also popped in to Archant to see if they are prepared to run a conflicting story to the police officer who was in charge on Saturday and who released a report to the press saying how smoothly the day passed off.

If you feel like helping relations a little between the two clubs fans then would you be prepared to be a witness on what you saw Saturday if it comes to it?

[quote user="Top of the League Lass"]i didn''t see any trouble thank god... only in wetherspoons where a sing song was taken place and i surpose a few leeds fans didn''t like it.... there were loads of leeds in the pub but i think most of them new norwich fans so it was good!
[/quote]

We can''t have Norwich fans singing pro Norwich songs in a pub in their own City when Weeds fans are in town can we TotLL?  I''m beginning to hate Leeds so much that I think I''ll tool myself up next time they are in town and spend the afternoon attacking their fans.