Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Player Of the Seeason...

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]The Doc''s too slow to get my vote -Korey Smith got it. I''m not sure a kid has had such a good debut season since Bellamy[/quote]

Too slow?! I take it you haven''t been to many games recently then! The Doc hasn''t been outpaced by anyone for a very long time. That said Korey has been fantastic so I can''t disagree with that.

[quote user="Stranger44"]

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]The Doc''s too slow to get my vote -Korey Smith got it. I''m not sure a kid has had such a good debut season since Bellamy[/quote]

Too slow?! I take it you haven''t been to many games recently then! The Doc hasn''t been outpaced by anyone for a very long time. That said Korey has been fantastic so I can''t disagree with that.

[/quote]

That''ll be a bite then. Read the other posts. As an angler I can get a rise in most conditions.[;)]

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]That''ll be a bite then. Read the other posts. As an angler I can get a rise in most conditions.[;)][/quote]

Wow - I''m so jealous. You must be so proud of yourself and your life must be so fulfilled.

Looks like its going to be close one this season (unlike previous seasons). Would have to be either Smith or holt for me. Although just to go back to last years player of the season I still to this day do not understand how Croft won player of the season. Diddnt deserve and I honestly have not spoken to anyone who voted for him

It''s got to be Holt for me. For shear quantity of goals as well as vital goals at important times. And for leading from the front and summing up the passion and commitment of this team.

Really hard this season with at least half a dozen deserving of it. I simply can''t decide at the moment!

Perhaps we could make an exception this season and award it to the team??

I''m finding it a bit tricky to decide - and all so strange after having to go for what was the best of a bad lot last season, when it was really scraping the barrel to even have a POTS awarded at all. And even then it was a travesty that Clingan didn''t get it.

This time out for me we have 7 with very good cases: Forster, Doc, Rusty, Korey, Martin (C), Hoolahan, Holt. If it were any of them I wouldn''t complain, but I think it just has to be Holty - a ''figurehead'' captain who leads from the front, always in the action, seemingly set to bag 30 goals in a season + with numerous assists. It is difficult to look much further than him.

looking at the photo of that trophy, i can''t believe we put lee crofts name on last season! gutted!

Voted for Grant Holt.

Also could have voted for Korey Smith, Gary Doherty or Fraser Forster. The Horse gets my vote though, 28 goals in 40 appearances. Superb.

[quote user="jeagle"]How have you all voted? Can I do it online?[/quote]

You can''t actually vote online but you can vote by email, text or by completing a voting slip which you can find at the ground.

Email is probably the easiest - POTS@ncfc-canaries.co.uk - you need to include your nomination (obviously!), your name, customer number if relevant, address and contact number.

Full details can be found at http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2002299,00.html

[quote user="Stranger44"]

[quote user="jeagle"]How have you all voted? Can I do it online?[/quote]

You can''t actually vote online but you can vote by email, text or by completing a voting slip which you can find at the ground.

Email is probably the easiest - POTS@ncfc-canaries.co.uk - you need to include your nomination (obviously!), your name, customer number if relevant, address and contact number.

Full details can be found at http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2002299,00.html

[/quote]

Cheers!

For me we did not really miss Holt or Rusty when they were out - so few points dropped,  while we did miss Drury and we would definitely suffer without Fraser or Doc.

So while I still not sure who will get my vote it is between Forster, Drury, Doc, Korey and Hoolahan for me.  All of them have performed consistently well all season long and we suffer when they are not in the side.

I am edging towards Forster for the sheer number of saves a crucial points in the game ahead of the sheer star qaulity of Hoolahan then Doc or Smith.  Young player of the season is a landslide for Korey...

For me it is certainly Forster, Holt or Rusty.

However, I can see Russell Martin winning it due to errors on the voting slips/texts!!

Holt, absolutely no question in my opinion. Having said that, it is luxury to have so many potential candidates to choose from rather than last year picking the least carp out of a plie of siht.

[quote user="Championship Dogger "]Mcveigh for me[/quote]

Now now dogger, not taking it seriously is what happened last year and Croft ended up with the trophy - I mean surely that was a joke wasn''t it?! I''ve not actually met anyone who voted for Croft last year but there have got to be a lot of comedians out there......

In all seriousness though it has to go to Holt for his all round play and goal count. However Forster, Smith, Doc and Chrissy Martin. You have all been immense and would have walked it last year.