Sign in to follow this  
Graeme Miles

'Little Old Norwich' syndrome strikes again!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

All this because I believe that Delia is an good owner for our club. Not to say we couldn''t have better because we obviously could. But I certainly don''t believe that just anyone would be better than Delia and I certainly never believed the sort of investment that scum got would be better. Many of those "detractors" on here believed that we could have got Evans if we tried and were jealous. But that''s their way. The grass is always greener ''til they get there and so move onto another target.

The same tired people were the same about Worthy. All our problems would be over if we sacked him. Anybody would be better than Worthy. That worked out well too.

And I dared to suggest that Doc wasn''t responsible for our relegations and wasn''t the player ridiculed on here. Again I''d be happy with better than the Doc but couldn''t subscribe to the view that anyone would be better than the Doc.

In the main in all cases it was the same posters who took issue with my views and I can only assume that they are needy people who can''t take disappointment and need to have a scapegoat to help them cope with it.

I am quite happy for people to know I clean bogs for a living[+o(] along with a bit of bingo calling and many other things. I don''t like the cloak and dagger hit and run style of some posters but that''s their choice. I have met many, many posters from this board and get on well with all of them, even the needy ones who love a good scapegoat[;)]

Next time you get an invite to the box Mello make sure it''s not this one....;........

Pet[sn]

[/quote]

What a self-centred little post.

Dear oh dear.

Now I''ll put on my helmet to protect me from the bombardment from all those posters who agreed with your views - especially those who swore like you up to the last minute that we would not get relegated last season. Now what. for example, does this say for your judgement?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

All this because I believe that Delia is an good owner for our club. Not to say we couldn''t have better because we obviously could. But I certainly don''t believe that just anyone would be better than Delia and I certainly never believed the sort of investment that scum got would be better. Many of those "detractors" on here believed that we could have got Evans if we tried and were jealous. But that''s their way. The grass is always greener ''til they get there and so move onto another target.

The same tired people were the same about Worthy. All our problems would be over if we sacked him. Anybody would be better than Worthy. That worked out well too.

And I dared to suggest that Doc wasn''t responsible for our relegations and wasn''t the player ridiculed on here. Again I''d be happy with better than the Doc but couldn''t subscribe to the view that anyone would be better than the Doc.

In the main in all cases it was the same posters who took issue with my views and I can only assume that they are needy people who can''t take disappointment and need to have a scapegoat to help them cope with it.

I am quite happy for people to know I clean bogs for a living[+o(] along with a bit of bingo calling and many other things. I don''t like the cloak and dagger hit and run style of some posters but that''s their choice. I have met many, many posters from this board and get on well with all of them, even the needy ones who love a good scapegoat[;)]

Next time you get an invite to the box Mello make sure it''s not this one....;........

Pet[sn]

[/quote]

Dear oh dear.

Now I''ll put on my helmet to protect me from the bombardment from all those posters who agreed with your views - especially those who swore like you up to the last minute that we would not get relegated last season. Now what. for example, does this say for your judgement?

OTBC

[/quote]

I was replying to Evil who was questioning the amount of forum space what he called "my detractors" took up. I''d be quite happy to carry on the debate without all of this but "the likes of you" never allow it.

Yes I kept the faith up until the last minute last season. Many of those who were proved right had forecast the relegation for the third season running. If you get up every morning and say it''s going to rain you''re right somedays. What is your point?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Pet[sn]

[/quote]

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

I was replying to Evil who was questioning the amount of forum space what he called "my detractors" took up. I''d be quite happy to carry on the debate without all of this but "the likes of you" never allow it.

Yes I kept the faith up until the last minute last season. Many of those who were proved right had forecast the relegation for the third season running. If you get up every morning and say it''s going to rain you''re right somedays. What is your point?

[/quote]

It wasn''t a case of keeping the faith for you.You used faulty logic and judgement to support your position.

Slow night? Your replies are coming thick and fast.

OTBC

Faulty logic?

According to you The Doc was the best signing we made in 2004/5. My logic has never been that faulty. But that''s just point scoring so tell me, why was my logic faulty?

Too fast for you is it babes[sn] I''ve cleaned round the bend between each one[+o(]

I wonder why it''s the cloak and dagger keyboard warriors who show so much interest in my work and home life[:^)] Just try and keep up[sn]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Nothing strange about pointing out that the three new guys who our Chairman has stated are "running the club" can vote through any decision they like, something that Munby and Doncaster never could.  It certainly isn`t strange that you don`t want to accept that there has been a substantial shift in power behind the scenes, or that these changes have been for the good of the club and have vindicated many of the critics of the old board.  That is however, the truth. [:)]

I would be interested to hear Purples view on this?

[/quote]

Evil, instead of whining about what people post on here, which is akin to buying the Mail every day but moaning about how awful it is, can you please tell me what i`ve got wrong in the above post?  Because good old nutty "sticking to his guns" doesn`t seem to want to accept any of it.  The thing is, had Delia been as arrogant as to "stick to her Gunns"- as i`m sure you and nutty would have done in her position- instead of accepting that maybe the critics were right after all- we`d still be stuck with Doncaster and Gunn.  I`m still not sure why nutty who supported Doncaster to the last, hasn`t started a campaign to bring him back yet.....

Faulty logic?

According to you The Doc was the best signing we made in 2004/5. My logic has never been that faulty. But that''s just point scoring so tell me, why was my logic faulty?

[/quote]

As far as I recall that is a straight lie - and characteristic of your debating tactics when cornered.

Find me one post where I wrote that (except perchance in jest) and I will gladly offer you a grovelling apology - and write 100 lines as punishment!

I''ll leave it there for the time-being.

OTBC

P.S. Your logic was obviously faulty because we were relegated despite your ''reasoned'' assertions up to the last moment that we would not.

I think the wording was something like that having seen him play you thought he could be the best signing of all.

To be honest I''d rather take up valuable forum space trading pics with mello than debate anything with you. Maybe when the Free Bet is finished I''ll tell you what I really think.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Nothing strange about pointing out that the three new guys who our Chairman has stated are "running the club" can vote through any decision they like, something that Munby and Doncaster never could.  It certainly isn`t strange that you don`t want to accept that there has been a substantial shift in power behind the scenes, or that these changes have been for the good of the club and have vindicated many of the critics of the old board.  That is however, the truth. [:)]

[/quote]

Evil, instead of whining about what people post on here, which is akin to buying the Mail every day but moaning about how awful it is, can you please tell me what i`ve got wrong in the above post?  Because good old nutty "sticking to his guns" doesn`t seem to want to accept any of it.  The thing is, had Delia been as arrogant as to "stick to her Gunns"- as i`m sure you and nutty would have done in her position- instead of accepting that maybe the critics were right after all- we`d still be stuck with Doncaster and Gunn.  I`m still not sure why nutty who supported Doncaster to the last, hasn`t started a campaign to bring him back yet.....

[/quote]

Mr Carrow, a few posts ago you were claiming that Doncaster wasn''t the problem but him being outvoted by Smith, Jones & Foulger was. Then a few posts before that you claimed it was common knowledge that Doncaster always voted with Smith & Jones. Now you are saying that he was the problem. You give me a headache.

I have often, right back to 2006, criticised the board. Doubt you''ll find a post from me criticising the owners. As I said, I don''t remember threads on here asking for Doncaster stickers. Unless he had a code name of either "that woman" or "the cook and her cohorts".

I think the wording was something like that having seen him play you thought he could be the best signing of all.

To be honest I''d rather take up valuable forum space trading pics with mello than debate anything with you. Maybe when the Free Bet is finished I''ll tell you what I really think.

[/quote]

Wooooooooooooooooo.............................................!

Go on with you nigel, little porkies lead to big fat porkies.

You weren''t on this forum (as nutty nigel, anyway) in 2004 when we signed Doherty. I saw him play several times that season, and according to that famous memory of yours the remark you claim I made must have been made that season ........................

Hmmm.....

OTBC

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mr Carrow, a few posts ago you were claiming that Doncaster wasn''t the problem but him being outvoted by Smith, Jones & Foulger was. Then a few posts before that you claimed it was common knowledge that Doncaster always voted with Smith & Jones. Now you are saying that he was the problem. You give me a headache.

I have often, right back to 2006, criticised the board. Doubt you''ll find a post from me criticising the owners. As I said, I don''t remember threads on here asking for Doncaster stickers. Unless he had a code name of either "that woman" or "the cook and her cohorts".

[/quote]

The only accurate thing in your first paragraph is that Doncaster voted with Smith and Jones.  The rest you`ve made up because you are not man enough to admit those who wanted a power shift at boardroom level were right all along.  Still, you have been caught out lying twice on this thread....  Ever read the "Seven Ages of Man"?  You are living proof of its accuracy.

Tell you what, why don`t you quote me some posts where you supported the idea of board changes before Munby and Doncaster departed?  Because there are threads and threads where you railed against the very idea of it.

I''m not getting dragged into the argument, I''m just pointing out how sad, childish and boring you lot appear to everyone else... couldn''t care less what points people have made, because its all been argued so many times in the past, by the same small crowd... If it was interesting or topical, then more people might join in, but you''re all arguing about frakking Doomy and Mumbles, it seems?GET OVER IT!!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I''m not getting dragged into the argument, I''m just pointing out how sad, childish and boring you lot appear to everyone else... couldn''t care less what points people have made, because its all been argued so many times in the past, by the same small crowd... If it was interesting or topical, then more people might join in, but you''re all arguing about frakking Doomy and Mumbles, it seems?

GET OVER IT!!
[/quote]

"Do you fuggin'' want some!"

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I''m not getting dragged into the argument, I''m just pointing out how sad, childish and boring you lot appear to everyone else... couldn''t care less what points people have made, because its all been argued so many times in the past, by the same small crowd... If it was interesting or topical, then more people might join in, but you''re all arguing about frakking Doomy and Mumbles, it seems?

GET OVER IT!!
[/quote]

Mr. Monkey, if you don''t want to join in and it''s doing your head in THEN DON''T READ THE THREAD AND LET US GET ON WITH IT.

There''s lots and lots of other lovely threads you can enjoy these days.

Simple.

OTBC

GET OVER IT!!
[/quote]

The argument was very similar in Chase`s last days Evil- protesters were attacked, spat at and told "You`re a supporter, you should concentrate on the team".  Of course, all those criticisms soon dried up when the pressure put on Chase cleared the way for Delia to come in and invest in the club.  Similarly any post suggesting the club may be being run poorly or on the wrong track in recent years has been turned on by a group of 6-8 posters on here, the subtext being "A supporter does not criticise anything about the club". 

Then an associate director publically echoes many of the criticisms on here, is brought on board with two others who combined are apparently "running the club", and we are on the up again.  Two cases which prove absolutely that sometimes supporter pressure for a change of approach can have a positive outcome.  All i`d like is a simple, honest, grown-up acknowledgment of that.