Sign in to follow this  
Graeme Miles

'Little Old Norwich' syndrome strikes again!

The Gut, yes it does matter, it served as a barometer of supporters'' feelings towards those running the club at the time. Do you suppose the departure of Munby and Doncaster and the emergence of McNally and the other Board members to be merely a coincidence?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]The Gut, yes it does matter, it served as a barometer of supporters'' feelings towards those running the club at the time. Do you suppose the departure of Munby and Doncaster and the emergence of McNally and the other Board members to be merely a coincidence?[/quote]

I meant that being a PR own goal didn''t matter, what negative effect has it had?

Gazza - Surely you''re not suggesting that those of us who spoke against the board at the public meeting and claimed back our season ticket rebates had anything to do with the changes that were made since? Apparently nothing could be further from the truth! It was anonymous keyboard warrioring on here that made the difference[*-)]

Just ask Bly and Mr Carrow[;)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Wasn''t talkin'' to you Geordie Boy, not everything is about you y''know[:O]

Out with the family is a good way to spend a good day, I like being out with mine too, maybe that''s what Bly and Carra are doin'' on Friday? You should let them answer for themselves.

What didn''t I answer to Mr Carrow? He already knows the answers[*-)] I asked him what he did for a living because he was discussing what I do on here. He''s just too chicken to have a "bog brush battle" on here.

I see you play the "true fan card" yet again[|-)] It''s boring.. I''m fed up with hearing about how true fans should boycott the club, not renew season tickets or do a bit of keyboard warrioring about Delia Smith every few weeks.

You reckon you''re a binner now? You''ll soon have more clubs than Tiger Woods!

Pet[:|]

[/quote]

"Ooh, get you!".....

[/quote]

[8] "Wherever I lay my hat, that''s my club"

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Poor old Delia, she is never going to make certain people happy is she? I think Mr Chops sums it up best, she''s made some simply disastrous decisions over a long long time as majority shareholder, much of that time fans who have felt aggrieved by her actions have suffered with their thoughts (and posted great debates on here). I have never been her greatest fan it has to be said, though I realise she does genuinely want NCFC to succeed. I agree with others who say the appointment of Doncaster was her greatest folly, to let this man have absolute control of the day to day running of our club almost destroyed it. The days following our relegation, the shock felt in the city and beyond and the outcome and media attention devoted to the NCISA public meeting surely had some significance to her appointment of McNally. Also the rebate season ticket fiasco has to go down as a great PR own goal showing the old board members the scale of dissatisfaction amongst city fans. Having heard McNally and Lambert at two forums now I have to say I have absolute faith in them. At last we seem to have a competent and relevant CE at NCFC. So now we have someone competent running the club and dealing with the debt and its consequences I think it makes sense for Delia to work in her own way towards bringing in money for the club. Whilst non foodie fans may mock her ads for Waitrose etc, it has to be said Waitrose are at present enjoying a surge of new customers and the new ad featuring Delia and Heston Blumenthal will ultimately bring in much needed money. Delia has also recently completed a series for the Beeb which hopefully has pocketed yet more cash. It''s not football granted, but if all her contacts with the food world can generate income and help keep us afloat all well and good.[/quote]

Does it really matter, as I understand it that''s what paid for Grant Holt.

[/quote]Or was it the player Gunny made our "number 1 priority of the summer," i.e. Theo?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Out with the family is a good way to spend a good day, I like being out with mine too, maybe that''s what Bly and Carra are doin'' on Friday? You should let them answer for themselves.

What didn''t I answer to Mr Carrow? He already knows the answers[*-)] I asked him what he did for a living because he was discussing what I do on here. He''s just too chicken to have a "bog brush battle" on here.

I see you play the "true fan card" yet again[|-)] It''s boring.. I''m fed up with hearing about how true fans should boycott the club, not renew season tickets or do a bit of keyboard warrioring about Delia Smith every few weeks.

[/quote]

"Ooh, get you!".....

[/quote]

[8] "Wherever I lay my hat, that''s my club"

[/quote]

You want syrup on that there waffle?   Or ice-cream?   

It''ll take away that bitter taste of bull*hit......

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well it looks like you two had a good afternoon posting on here whilst watching the game on google.

Smiling faces all over the ground today from block E in the Lower Barclay right round the ground to the Directors Box. Great day for all Norwich fans and I''m pleased for every one of them. Including Smith & Jones.

What you two got planned for Friday[:^)]

[/quote]

I was in a different hemisphere until last Monday nutty and as i`m sure you`re aware the game sold out well before that.  A friend managed to get me a ticket for Orient and i will almost certainly be at Tranmere (my mates dodgy car permitting....).  Sounded brilliant though yesterday and i must admit i`m gutted i wasn`t there.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well it looks like you two had a good afternoon posting on here whilst watching the game on google.

Smiling faces all over the ground today from block E in the Lower Barclay right round the ground to the Directors Box. Great day for all Norwich fans and I''m pleased for every one of them. Including Smith & Jones.

What you two got planned for Friday[:^)]

[/quote]

I was in a different hemisphere until last Monday nutty and as i`m sure you`re aware the game sold out well before that.  A friend managed to get me a ticket for Orient and i will almost certainly be at Tranmere (my mates dodgy car permitting....).  Sounded brilliant though yesterday and i must admit i`m gutted i wasn`t there.

[/quote]

It was brilliant and in the Barclay it was the best I''ve known for a while. We couldn''t get out of E-Block ''til well after 5 o''clock but it was worth it to interact with the Leeds fans while we waited. I lost count of how many kept asking me to meet them outside the hotel but when I got there only Mr &Mrs Beaus, Leeds and CTID turned up[;)]

Where have you been - I really missed you[*-)][8-)][:''(]

[/quote]

Nutty, YOU asked ME what i did for a living.  NOT the other way around.  If you didn`t like me bringing up what you`ve already posted on these boards the advice is pretty obvious isn`t it? [:|]

By the way i`ve already posted several times that Smith and Jones deserve full credit for the changes which have occurred just as they deserved the full blame for our decline.  Delia actually had to plead with Bowkett to come on board, so she actually deserves even more credit than most people realise. 

The thing is, if it had been down to the likes of you we`d still be stuck with Munby and Doncaster (and Gunn) because you tried to shout down any criticism or suggestion that a different approach may serve the club better.  Now, of course, you are right behind those changes and actually want to claim some credit for them because you attended a meeting AFTER Munby and Doncaster had been removed!

I have never met the famed Bly or Mr Carrow Nutty, as far as I am aware and they are of course entitled to their opinion, but I think we have to all agree after the fiasco of last season and the appointment of Gunn in the summer something had to give.

Some of us gave our opinions and this was reflected in the media (ie in the press and local radio, not just on internet messageboards).

I don''t think any of us claim we made a difference individually, but come on the rebate, public meetings etc had no impact at all at board level? I think they did. The first game of the season and thousands leaving at half time, to say nothing of the season tickets thrown at Gunn also must have had massive implications should he stay. I say again the appointment of McNally was our turning point and Lambert''s managerial stewardship has been remarkable. I dread to think where we would be today had Gunn stayed.

By the way there''s an excellent piece about our game yesterday and on NCFC in general in the Observer. Sorry I can''t do a link to this, not but a WHOLE page about us, not just Leeds.

[/quote]

Nutty, YOU asked ME what i did for a living.  NOT the other way around.  If you didn`t like me bringing up what you`ve already posted on these boards the advice is pretty obvious isn`t it? [:|]

By the way i`ve already posted several times that Smith and Jones deserve full credit for the changes which have occurred just as they deserved the full blame for our decline.  Delia actually had to plead with Bowkett to come on board, so she actually deserves even more credit than most people realise. 

The thing is, if it had been down to the likes of you we`d still be stuck with Munby and Doncaster (and Gunn) because you tried to shout down any criticism or suggestion that a different approach may serve the club better.  Now, of course, you are right behind those changes and actually want to claim some credit for them because you attended a meeting AFTER Munby and Doncaster had been removed!

[/quote]Sorry, that''s just not true.  I was at the EGM called by NCISA when Gunn was in charge, Munby and Doncaster were still at the helm and the "rebate" had just been offered to the great unwashed.  Nigel was there with many others including Smudger.

I posted where i was going several times on here- Argentina and Chile for 9 weeks.  Unfortunately for you the earthquake was only 5 on the richter scale where i was, so no harm done [:D]

Gazza - Surely you''re not suggesting that those of us who spoke against the board at the public meeting and claimed back our season ticket rebates had anything to do with the changes that were made since? Apparently nothing could be further from the truth! It was anonymous keyboard warrioring on here that made the difference[*-)]

[/quote]

Come on nigel. What exactly was it that you personally said against the board in this meeting so that all present could hear?

I mean you should be mighty proud of such a contribution to the cause, so don''t be shy.

OTBC

Indeed I did ask you what you did for a living Mr Carrow. But this was because you were discussing what I did on here. It''s fine to stay behind the keyboard if you want but it''s a little two faced to then discuss other posters.

If you go back to the very first time we exchanged messages on here, which is quite probably three years ago, you will find I was criticising the board for football decisions. Which is all I ever criticised them for since. I have never doubted Smith & Jones as owners of this club but I have at times criticised and ended up having no confidence in the board of directors to run it. I often think I am the only poster who understands how I can see a difference between owning the club and running it. It took about 50 pages on a thread earlier this year. Anyway, I see the difference and that''s where I stand.

Well I hope you enjoyed your little break, I certainly did, it was just like when the Mother-In-Law goes on holiday for me...  except she never goes for longer than a fortnight[:O]

[;)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Come on nigel. What exactly was it that you personally said against the board in this meeting so that all present could hear?

I mean you should be mighty proud of such a contribution to the cause, so don''t be shy.

OTBC

[/quote]

You''ve already had that answer Babes. And this thread has shown you up for the troll you are. Let''s talk about you now - what was your contribution?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

You''ve already had that answer Babes. And this thread has shown you up for the troll you are. Let''s talk about you now - what was your contribution?

[/quote]

Was it this[:^)] Or is that your mate Lyphov Riley[H]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Poor old Delia, she is never going to make certain people happy is she? I think Mr Chops sums it up best, she''s made some simply disastrous decisions over a long long time as majority shareholder, much of that time fans who have felt aggrieved by her actions have suffered with their thoughts (and posted great debates on here). I have never been her greatest fan it has to be said, though I realise she does genuinely want NCFC to succeed. I agree with others who say the appointment of Doncaster was her greatest folly, to let this man have absolute control of the day to day running of our club almost destroyed it. The days following our relegation, the shock felt in the city and beyond and the outcome and media attention devoted to the NCISA public meeting surely had some significance to her appointment of McNally. Also the rebate season ticket fiasco has to go down as a great PR own goal showing the old board members the scale of dissatisfaction amongst city fans. Having heard McNally and Lambert at two forums now I have to say I have absolute faith in them. At last we seem to have a competent and relevant CE at NCFC. So now we have someone competent running the club and dealing with the debt and its consequences I think it makes sense for Delia to work in her own way towards bringing in money for the club. Whilst non foodie fans may mock her ads for Waitrose etc, it has to be said Waitrose are at present enjoying a surge of new customers and the new ad featuring Delia and Heston Blumenthal will ultimately bring in much needed money. Delia has also recently completed a series for the Beeb which hopefully has pocketed yet more cash. It''s not football granted, but if all her contacts with the food world can generate income and help keep us afloat all well and good.[/quote]

And your point is?

OTBC

[/quote]

Now we have people in the boardroom who know what they are doing, Delia should concentrate on raising money for the club by using her reputation and skills for the common good.

[/quote]

(......instead of ........)

Fair enough, fair enough, but is she on this straight and narrow pathway yet?

Her recent remark about the Deloitte Report on investment possibilities (''Watch this space'') and her  characterisation of City in an interview the other day as ''a very poor club'' (or something very similar) would suggest the damage potential side of her persona has not yet been fully reigned in.

In fact I harbour doubts as to whether or not she has fully bought in to taking a (maternal) back seat to the BowkettMcNallyLambert troika, but I hope for the best.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then you shouldn''t mind referencing it for us nigel.

By the way you never did respond to my invitation for you to let us know whether or not you are familiar with the term ''wagonist''? Or are you concerned that you might recognise yourself?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then you shouldn''t mind referencing it for us nigel.

By the way you never did respond to my invitation for you to let us know whether or not you are familiar with the term ''wagonist''? Or are you concerned that you might recognise yourself?

OTBC

[/quote]

I responded to that too. On this very thread. It''s the height of laziness to expect a link to the thread that we''re actually on. If you can be arsed to google Delia Smith, on and off between cranks, for 4 or 5 years surely you can be asked to go back just a couple of pages in a thread on which you are posting.

I''m going back to work now. Anything else I can help you with just drop me an email or call my mobile.

Mr Carrow - I''m running a small darts competition tonight. Feel free to use that sometime in the future when you don''t want to discuss your little cleaning job[:P]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Fair enough, fair enough, but is she on this straight and narrow pathway yet?

Her recent remark about the Deloitte Report on investment possibilities (''Watch this space'') and her  characterisation of City in an interview the other day as ''a very poor club'' (or something very similar) would suggest the damage potential side of her persona has not yet been fully reigned in.

In fact I harbour doubts as to whether or not she has fully bought in to taking a (maternal) back seat to the BowkettMcNallyLambert troika, but I hope for the best.

OTBC

[/quote]

She and her husband own the club. It may be that they have reined (sic) in their influence over day to day matters (if they WERE too involved in the past, which has yet to be proved) but they are hardly likely to be agnostic or uninterested on the key long-term subjects of finance and possible minority or majority investment. They would be failing in their duty if they did not pay attention to such matters. Those quotes, far from being alarming, are happy confirmation that they indeed regard these issues of primary importance.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]What characterisation of a football club £23m in debt would not offend your sensibilities?  I suppose you''ll have to weigh the "damage" done by this remark against the hard cash she''s bringing in via this new advertising campaign.

Indeed I did ask you what you did for a living Mr Carrow. But this was because you were discussing what I did on here. It''s fine to stay behind the keyboard if you want but it''s a little two faced to then discuss other posters.

If you go back to the very first time we exchanged messages on here, which is quite probably three years ago, you will find I was criticising the board for football decisions. Which is all I ever criticised them for since. I have never doubted Smith & Jones as owners of this club but I have at times criticised and ended up having no confidence in the board of directors to run it. I often think I am the only poster who understands how I can see a difference between owning the club and running it. It took about 50 pages on a thread earlier this year. Anyway, I see the difference and that''s where I stand.

Well I hope you enjoyed your little break, I certainly did, it was just like when the Mother-In-Law goes on holiday for me...  except she never goes for longer than a fortnight[:O]

[;)]

[/quote]

Dunno about Mother-in-Law nutty, but the only times of come across the kind of contrariness and lack of logic you often show has been with members of the opposite sex [:P].  YOU posted about your personal life on here, and now you want to moan about me repeating it?! 

You are now revelling in the great result of changes which only came about because of the pressure applied by people with the kind of views you constantly argued with and tried to silence (If in doubt, read Bowkett and Bertram`s letter again).  Just as so many of those who were vehemently (and at times violently) against the Chase out protests had no qualms about celebrating when the efforts of others cleared the way for Delia to come in and invest in the club.  Unless you are prepared to admit that those calling for changes got it right it looks more than a tad hypocritical....

Anyway, good luck with the darts- maybe i should post a photo for you to print out for your team to use to practise on [;)]

Anyone else wondering why some fans are on here arguing with each other when there''s about a hundred threads discussing our important victory over Leeds yesterday?

[;)]

[/quote]

Dunno about Mother-in-Law nutty, but the only times of come across the kind of contrariness and lack of logic you often show has been with members of the opposite sex [:P].  YOU posted about your personal life on here, and now you want to moan about me repeating it?! 

You are now revelling in the great result of changes which only came about because of the pressure applied by people with the kind of views you constantly argued with and tried to silence (If in doubt, read Bowkett and Bertram`s letter again).  Just as so many of those who were vehemently (and at times violently) against the Chase out protests had no qualms about celebrating when the efforts of others cleared the way for Delia to come in and invest in the club.  Unless you are prepared to admit that those calling for changes got it right it looks more than a tad hypocritical....

Anyway, good luck with the darts- maybe i should post a photo for you to print out for your team to use to practise on [;)]

[/quote]

Chuckle chuckle, we do have people who really believe they are responsible for our current situation.

Mr Carrow, these changes are nothing like the Chase changes. You campaigned to get Chase out and you got him out. And then welcomed in Smith and Jones with open arms. They are nothing like the Worthy Out campaign either. Fans campaigned to get Worthy out and got him out before welcoming Peter Grant with open arms. Now this time the protesters changes haven''t happened have they? Because you''re right I did constantly argue with posters on here who wanted Delia out. I did  constantly argue with people both on and off here who put the blame for everything that was wrong at the door of Smith and Jones. And guess what? I still think that Smith & Jones are the best option we have to  own our club and until I see someone better prepared to invest their own money I will still argue that point. And just to clarify, I never saw a campaign to get Doncaster out. I never saw a campaign to get Munby out. I never saw threads on here asking where the Doncaster stickers were. The changes that I argued against haven''t happened have they? Correct me if I am wrong but I don''t believe the letter from Bowkett and Bertram mentioned Smith and Jones or their ownership of the club. It was a criticism of the management of the club and specifically Doncaster and Munby who they asked to resign. How is this the same as Smith Out? Because Smith & Jones are still here, and they got us McNally and Bowkett. So thank the lord those I argued against didn''t get their way.

Evil my friend - Are those 100 threads about our great victory yesterday not enough to keep you amused? [;)]

For Mr Carrow, Tangie ( and ''the likes of them'')

Delia had a little nut,
Little nut, little nut,
Delia had a little nut,
His fleece was green as grass

Everywhere that Delia went,
Delia went, Delia went,
Everywhere that Delia went
The nut was sure to pass

He followed her to the pub one day
Pub one day, pub one day
He followed her to the pub one day
Which was against the rules.

It made the crowd laugh and play,
Laugh and play, laugh and play,
It made the crowd laugh and play
To see the nut at this pub

And so the doorman turned him out,
Turned him out, turned him out,
And so the doorman turned him out,
But still he lingered near

And waited patiently about,
Patiently about, patiently about,
And waited patiently about
Till Delia did appear

"Why does the nut love Delia so?"
Love Delia so? Love Delia so?
"Why does the nut love Delia so?"
The eager crowd did cry

"Why, Delia loves the nut, you know."
Loves the nut, you know, loves the nut, you know
"Why, Delia  loves the nut, you know."
The landlord did reply

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

For Mr Carrow, Tangie ( and ''the likes of them'')

Delia had a little nut,Little nut, little nut,Delia had a little nut,His fleece was green as grass

Everywhere that Delia went,Delia went, Delia went,Everywhere that Delia wentThe nut was sure to pass

He followed her to the pub one dayPub one day, pub one dayHe followed her to the pub one dayWhich was against the rules.It made the crowd laugh and play,Laugh and play, laugh and play,It made the crowd laugh and playTo see the nut at this pub

And so the doorman turned him out,Turned him out, turned him out,And so the doorman turned him out,But still he lingered nearAnd waited patiently about,Patiently about, patiently about,And waited patiently aboutTill Delia did appear"Why does the nut love Delia so?"Love Delia so? Love Delia so?"Why does the nut love Delia so?"The eager crowd did cry"Why, Delia loves the nut, you know."Loves the nut, you know, loves the nut, you know"Why, Delia  loves the nut, you know."The landlord did reply

OTBC

[/quote][img]http://nicedeb.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/wh-double-facepalm.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Anyone else wondering why some fans are on here arguing with each other when there''s about a hundred threads discussing our important victory over Leeds yesterday?[/quote]I thought it was obvious.  The threat from outsiders has gone so now we can turn on each other again.  Do you want some, soft lad?  Do you? [8o|] [:@]

Mr Carrow, these changes are nothing like the Chase changes. You campaigned to get Chase out and you got him out. And then welcomed in Smith and Jones with open arms. They are nothing like the Worthy Out campaign either. Fans campaigned to get Worthy out and got him out before welcoming Peter Grant with open arms. Now this time the protesters changes haven''t happened have they? Because you''re right I did constantly argue with posters on here who wanted Delia out. I did  constantly argue with people both on and off here who put the blame for everything that was wrong at the door of Smith and Jones. And guess what? I still think that Smith & Jones are the best option we have to  own our club and until I see someone better prepared to invest their own money I will still argue that point. And just to clarify, I never saw a campaign to get Doncaster out. I never saw a campaign to get Munby out. I never saw threads on here asking where the Doncaster stickers were. The changes that I argued against haven''t happened have they? Correct me if I am wrong but I don''t believe the letter from Bowkett and Bertram mentioned Smith and Jones or their ownership of the club. It was a criticism of the management of the club and specifically Doncaster and Munby who they asked to resign. How is this the same as Smith Out? Because Smith & Jones are still here, and they got us McNally and Bowkett. So thank the lord those I argued against didn''t get their way.

Evil my friend - Are those 100 threads about our great victory yesterday not enough to keep you amused? [;)]

[/quote]

Bowkett recently stated that "Me, McNally and Phillips are running the club with the full consent of the majority shareholders", so i would suggest that is proof that the pressure on Delia to step aside has worked wonders.

But you know that my posts have never been centred around "Delia Out", and when you pressed me on it i stated that she should "Change or go".  Now you never wanted any changes at all did you?  In fact you did your damndest to stamp on the slightest dissent on here no matter how fair and rational.  Bowkett`s letter was VERY hardhitting against the majority shareholders including lines about their advice being ignored and "We know you believed we were a front for Peter Cullum", and i certainly don`t remember you welcoming it.

The more reasonable dissenters (including our current Chairman) were right nutty and as soon as you`re man enough to accept that (as i`ve given Delia full credit for getting an arch-critic on board), the sooner we can stop boring these poor people who are forced at gunpoint to read our tedious posts.  If you still believe those dissenters were wrong then the only consistent thing for you to do is to start a "Bowkett out, Munby and Doncaster back in" campaign as you never wanted them gone in the first place.