Sign in to follow this  
Graeme Miles

'Little Old Norwich' syndrome strikes again!

No Mr Carrow, good try, but what I actually said was I would have had more confidence in the board if Munby and Doncaster were still there than I had of the vacant positions. You and Bly are getting your knickers in a rare old twist trying to discredit me on here. You are making yourselves look foolish. But, I guess that doesn''t matter much while you remain behind your keyboards.

Is Delia Smith a fan of NCFC? She may possibly be a fan of Delia Smith.....

Wasn''t it Cloughie that said football club owners should be seen and not heard, everyone knows who owns our club though don''t they? Mind you when your clubs owner gets hold of  a Sky TV mic at half time it''s not too suprising, very embarassing, but not suprising.

Nevermind I am sure she will be sitting with us peasants at the first away game once promotion has been secured. Then we will all be able to fawn over her, chant her name and everything will be wonderful.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Come on then Mr Carrow.  Nigel answered your questions, and you said you''d answer his.

[/quote]

May I suggest that you read this thread again?

If you do you might just discover more slipping and sliding and wriggling and biting and twisting than normally experienced in a day of the life of somebody trying to fool the examiner whilst ''answering'' those questions.

But if you''re going to stand onthe sidelines cheerleading then.................

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

Wasn''t it Cloughie that said football club owners should be seen and not heard, everyone knows who owns our club though don''t they? Mind you when your clubs owner gets hold of  a Sky TV mic at half time it''s not too suprising, very embarassing, but not suprising.

Nevermind I am sure she will be sitting with us peasants at the first away game once promotion has been secured. Then we will all be able to fawn over her, chant her name and everything will be wonderful.

[/quote]

Lese majeste?

Sacre bleu!

Vous serez fusille!!! FUSILLE!!!!

[8o|]

OTBC

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]But if you''re going to stand onthe sidelines cheerleading then................. [/quote]I''m not sure it''s "cheerleading".  Think of it more as refereeing.The problem with posters who say "I''ll answer your questions after you''ve answered mine" is that usually they never get round to answering.  I think Mr. Carrow deserves his opportunity.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]Millions of pounds of her own money over 10+ years, all to be thrown away because of one unfortunate moment?Nobody would deny she has made mistakes.  Big mistakes at times.  Her board of directors have made mistakes, enormous ones.  The managers appointed by the board of directors, including Delia, have made some bloody awful decisions.  This is why we''re in League One, £23m in debt.What I don''t accept is that she has done this deliberately, or callously, or because she doesn''t give a monkey''s.  This thread is about the fact she''s still working and using her reputation to get a bit more money into our club, and for all her mistakes and all her faults, I think what she is doing with Waitrose is to be applauded, not sneered at.

Bloody hell everyone seems to be gibbering talkish this morning? Is it me or is everyone on here this morning looking for ways to quell the nerves? Reading some of these posts I don''t think even the posters know what they are talking about? I think we should call for City Angel to come and calm us all down.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]"What I don''t accept is that she has done this deliberately"

Nobody has ever said that....not even Smdger or Wiz.[/quote]It''s not a huge leap from "Delia Smith only cares about Delia Smith" though, is it?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

No Mr Carrow, good try, but what I actually said was I would have had more confidence in the board if Munby and Doncaster were still there than I had of the vacant positions. You and Bly are getting your knickers in a rare old twist trying to discredit me on here. You are making yourselves look foolish. But, I guess that doesn''t matter much while you remain behind your keyboards.

[/quote]

Direct quote from the "McNally" thread by nutty nigel:  "I have stated, as i did at the time, that i voted "no confidence" in the board because there was only three of them.  I also said at the time i had more confidence in the old board, including Munby and Doncaster, than just three people with no CE."  So another nutty twistathon it is then.....[8-)]

I`ve never claimed that my own influence on matters was anything other than very minor nutty, but it did go beyond these boards.  But as i keep my confidences you won`t find me blabbing about it on here and to be perfectly honest, i wouldn`t dare.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Nutty, did you speak out against the board?  And would you have voted no confidence in the board if Munby and Doncaster were still in position?

I`ve deduced from your posts on here about your own company`s AGM`s that you have a grudge against the kind of cleverdicks who offer their wisdom from the sidelines and you`ve managed to project that grudge on to several posters on here.  But i`m afraid you are going to have to accept the reality that just sometimes those irritating cleverdicks actually get it right.

[/quote]

My own company''s AGM? What on earth are you going on about now? What do you do for a living Mr Carrow?

I have never heard you make any comments at any meeting or AGM. What have I missed?

Are these the questions you want answering Chops?

Nutty has posted that at his yearly AGM`s (you run a pub don`t you nutty?) people often claim to know more than he does, but it`s him who has to make and live with the decisions.  It seems to me he projects his dislike of these opinionated types on to posters on here.

What do i do for a living?  Irrelevant and none of anyone elses business.

I work evenings so haven`t been to an AGM or meeting in recent years.  I have friends who go to both and what they tell me (about AGM`s in particular) really doesn`t inspire me to pull a sicky.  Although at least being surrounded by sycophantic old fools jabbering on about how Delia saved the club and how lucky we are, the sicky would end up being genuine.

[/quote]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Nutty, did you speak out against the board?  And would you have voted no confidence in the board if Munby and Doncaster were still in position?

I`ve deduced from your posts on here about your own company`s AGM`s that you have a grudge against the kind of cleverdicks who offer their wisdom from the sidelines and you`ve managed to project that grudge on to several posters on here.  But i`m afraid you are going to have to accept the reality that just sometimes those irritating cleverdicks actually get it right.

[/quote]

My own company''s AGM? What on earth are you going on about now? What do you do for a living Mr Carrow?

I have never heard you make any comments at any meeting or AGM. What have I missed?

[/quote]

Are these the questions you want answering Chops?

Nutty has posted that at his yearly AGM`s (you run a pub don`t you nutty?) people often claim to know more than he does, but it`s him who has to make and live with the decisions.  It seems to me he projects his dislike of these opinionated types on to posters on here.

What do i do for a living?  Irrelevant and none of anyone elses business.

I work evenings so haven`t been to an AGM or meeting in recent years.  I have friends who go to both and what they tell me (about AGM`s in particular) really doesn`t inspire me to pull a sicky.  Although at least being surrounded by sycophantic old fools jabbering on about how Delia saved the club and how lucky we are, the sicky would end up being genuine.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Come on then Mr Carrow.  Nigel answered your questions, and you said you''d answer his.

[/quote]

If you do you might just discover more slipping and sliding and wriggling and biting and twisting than normally experienced in a day of the life of somebody trying to fool the examiner whilst ''answering'' those questions.

But if you''re going to stand onthe sidelines cheerleading then.................

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

May I suggest that it''s you who should read the thread again, particularly read the part where you asked me a question which I answered. I''d love your comments on that rather than the snide and and pompous comments above.

As for Mr Carrow - what I do for a living and my place of work is just as irrelevant but your quite happy to suggest it''s not. What is it you''re afraid of? Do you reckon you''d actually lose "the battle of the bog cleaners"? And trying to tempt The Butler to comment on this is dangerous because he sat practically next to me when I made the comments I did.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

May I suggest that it''s you who should read the thread again, particularly read the part where you asked me a question which I answered. I''d love your comments on that rather than the snide and and pompous comments above.

As for Mr Carrow - what I do for a living and my place of work is just as irrelevant but your quite happy to suggest it''s not. What is it you''re afraid of? Do you reckon you''d actually lose "the battle of the bog cleaners"? And trying to tempt The Butler to comment on this is dangerous because he sat practically next to me when I made the comments I did.

[/quote]

...Feel free to join...

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

The Messiah....

[/quote]That must be a photo from the River End, only DS and the woman next to her have noticed we''ve scored.  The others are probably busy moaning about Martin looking lazy and uninterested.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

The Messiah....

[/quote]

That must be a photo from the River End, only DS and the woman next to her have noticed we''ve scored.  The others are probably busy moaning about Martin looking lazy and uninterested.

[/quote]

Delia, as the Queen Bee and illustrious icon of the club - must be allowed to celebrate first....Only thereafter, the oiks and great unwashed may rise from their plastic pews and show their appreciation - but are most definitely not allowed to sit down till the Majority Shareholder has returned to her throne..... FACT! 

"14 more years! 14 more years!....14 more years!....."

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

The Messiah....

[/quote]That must be a photo from the River End, only DS and the woman next to her have noticed we''ve scored.  The others are probably busy moaning about Martin looking lazy and uninterested.[/quote]

Delia, as the Queen Bee and illustrious icon of the club - must be allowed to celebrate first....Only thereafter, the oiks and great unwashed may rise from their plastic pews and show their appreciation - but are most definitely not allowed to sit down till the Majority Shareholder has returned to her throne..... FACT! 

"14 more years! 14 more years!....14 more years!....."

[/quote]It''s like Alice in Wonderland with better quality catering.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

So why did you ask me what i did for a living then?  The difference is that i`ve never banged on on here about my AGM`s and correlated them with what`s been going on at NCFC as you have at least twice, but of course you are quite entitled to keep your personal life secret and i don`t blame you.  Probably be more consistant not to ask people to give their own personal details though, if you see what i mean? [:|]

Glad to see you`re not disputing the quote i posted earlier- though why you chose to try to mislead people would be surprising if it wasn`t so familiar....

Well it looks like you two had a good afternoon posting on here whilst watching the game on google.

Smiling faces all over the ground today from block E in the Lower Barclay right round the ground to the Directors Box. Great day for all Norwich fans and I''m pleased for every one of them. Including Smith & Jones.

What you two got planned for Friday[:^)]

Well it looks like you two had a good afternoon posting on here whilst watching the game on google.

Smiling faces all over the ground today from block E in the Lower Barclay right round the ground to the Directors Box. Great day for all Norwich fans and I''m pleased for every one of them. Including Smith & Jones.

What you two got planned for Friday[:^)]

[/quote]

Talking to me, belligerent barman bog-brush bingo-boy bull*hitter? I was actually at the game today....I was also at Swindon last week....

You see, I''m a nomadic binner insurgent and I report back to Keano.....

Not replying to Mr Carrow.....I noticed....

...Subscribed yet? They might even upgrade and supersize you....

Tranmere on the telly for me....Out with the missus and bairns on Good Friday....then it''s down the boozer with me marrers.

How about you? Off to the Wirral on club cabbage, eh? I wish I was a true fan.... 

Wasn''t talkin'' to you Geordie Boy, not everything is about you y''know[:O]

Out with the family is a good way to spend a good day, I like being out with mine too, maybe that''s what Bly and Carra are doin'' on Friday? You should let them answer for themselves.

What didn''t I answer to Mr Carrow? He already knows the answers[*-)] I asked him what he did for a living because he was discussing what I do on here. He''s just too chicken to have a "bog brush battle" on here.

I see you play the "true fan card" yet again[|-)] It''s boring.. I''m fed up with hearing about how true fans should boycott the club, not renew season tickets or do a bit of keyboard warrioring about Delia Smith every few weeks.

You reckon you''re a binner now? You''ll soon have more clubs than Tiger Woods!

Pet[:|]

Poor old Delia, she is never going to make certain people happy is she? I think Mr Chops sums it up best, she''s made some simply disastrous decisions over a long long time as majority shareholder, much of that time fans who have felt aggrieved by her actions have suffered with their thoughts (and posted great debates on here).

I have never been her greatest fan it has to be said, though I realise she does genuinely want NCFC to succeed. I agree with others who say the appointment of Doncaster was her greatest folly, to let this man have absolute control of the day to day running of our club almost destroyed it.

The days following our relegation, the shock felt in the city and beyond and the outcome and media attention devoted to the NCISA public meeting surely had some significance to her appointment of McNally. Also the rebate season ticket fiasco has to go down as a great PR own goal showing the old board members the scale of dissatisfaction amongst city fans.

Having heard McNally and Lambert at two forums now I have to say I have absolute faith in them. At last we seem to have a competent and relevant CE at NCFC.

So now we have someone competent running the club and dealing with the debt and its consequences I think it makes sense for Delia to work in her own way towards bringing in money for the club. Whilst non foodie fans may mock her ads for Waitrose etc, it has to be said Waitrose are at present enjoying a surge of new customers and the new ad featuring Delia and Heston Blumenthal will ultimately bring in much needed money. Delia has also recently completed a series for the Beeb which hopefully has pocketed yet more cash.

It''s not football granted, but if all her contacts with the food world can generate income and help keep us afloat all well and good.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Poor old Delia, she is never going to make certain people happy is she? I think Mr Chops sums it up best, she''s made some simply disastrous decisions over a long long time as majority shareholder, much of that time fans who have felt aggrieved by her actions have suffered with their thoughts (and posted great debates on here). I have never been her greatest fan it has to be said, though I realise she does genuinely want NCFC to succeed. I agree with others who say the appointment of Doncaster was her greatest folly, to let this man have absolute control of the day to day running of our club almost destroyed it. The days following our relegation, the shock felt in the city and beyond and the outcome and media attention devoted to the NCISA public meeting surely had some significance to her appointment of McNally. Also the rebate season ticket fiasco has to go down as a great PR own goal showing the old board members the scale of dissatisfaction amongst city fans. Having heard McNally and Lambert at two forums now I have to say I have absolute faith in them. At last we seem to have a competent and relevant CE at NCFC. So now we have someone competent running the club and dealing with the debt and its consequences I think it makes sense for Delia to work in her own way towards bringing in money for the club. Whilst non foodie fans may mock her ads for Waitrose etc, it has to be said Waitrose are at present enjoying a surge of new customers and the new ad featuring Delia and Heston Blumenthal will ultimately bring in much needed money. Delia has also recently completed a series for the Beeb which hopefully has pocketed yet more cash. It''s not football granted, but if all her contacts with the food world can generate income and help keep us afloat all well and good.[/quote]

And your point is?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Poor old Delia, she is never going to make certain people happy is she? I think Mr Chops sums it up best, she''s made some simply disastrous decisions over a long long time as majority shareholder, much of that time fans who have felt aggrieved by her actions have suffered with their thoughts (and posted great debates on here). I have never been her greatest fan it has to be said, though I realise she does genuinely want NCFC to succeed. I agree with others who say the appointment of Doncaster was her greatest folly, to let this man have absolute control of the day to day running of our club almost destroyed it. The days following our relegation, the shock felt in the city and beyond and the outcome and media attention devoted to the NCISA public meeting surely had some significance to her appointment of McNally. Also the rebate season ticket fiasco has to go down as a great PR own goal showing the old board members the scale of dissatisfaction amongst city fans. Having heard McNally and Lambert at two forums now I have to say I have absolute faith in them. At last we seem to have a competent and relevant CE at NCFC. So now we have someone competent running the club and dealing with the debt and its consequences I think it makes sense for Delia to work in her own way towards bringing in money for the club. Whilst non foodie fans may mock her ads for Waitrose etc, it has to be said Waitrose are at present enjoying a surge of new customers and the new ad featuring Delia and Heston Blumenthal will ultimately bring in much needed money. Delia has also recently completed a series for the Beeb which hopefully has pocketed yet more cash. It''s not football granted, but if all her contacts with the food world can generate income and help keep us afloat all well and good.[/quote]

And your point is?

OTBC

[/quote]

Now we have people in the boardroom who know what they are doing, Delia should concentrate on raising money for the club by using her reputation and skills for the common good.

Wasn''t talkin'' to you Geordie Boy, not everything is about you y''know[:O]

Out with the family is a good way to spend a good day, I like being out with mine too, maybe that''s what Bly and Carra are doin'' on Friday? You should let them answer for themselves.

What didn''t I answer to Mr Carrow? He already knows the answers[*-)] I asked him what he did for a living because he was discussing what I do on here. He''s just too chicken to have a "bog brush battle" on here.

I see you play the "true fan card" yet again[|-)] It''s boring.. I''m fed up with hearing about how true fans should boycott the club, not renew season tickets or do a bit of keyboard warrioring about Delia Smith every few weeks.

You reckon you''re a binner now? You''ll soon have more clubs than Tiger Woods!

Pet[:|]

[/quote]

"Ooh, get you!".....

Does it really matter, as I understand it that''s what paid for Grant Holt.