Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Ex norwich players clapped!!!!

[quote user="Col Canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="RonDavies"]If a player has done well for us and did not leave under a cloud then that should always count for something. I remember Efon Ekoku being booed when he returned with Sheffield Wednesday. I could not believe it and nor could he - he made a ''what have I done?'' gesture to the fans responsible. This was the man who once scored four goals for City at Everton for God''s sake. He did not want to leave City. It was Deehan who decided to let him go.[/quote]

Agreed, We Sold Sutton, Sold Ekoku, sold Robins and that was the beginning of the end.

with Efan up front we might have stood a chance of staying up in 1995.... 4 goals against Everton (which is still a Premiership record, shared with Wayne rooney and Andy cole, for most goals by 1 player ina  Premiership match), the clubs 1st ever goal in European football, and the goal tjhat ssecured 3rd in the top flight and our qualification for europe.. Efan ekoku doesn''t get the credit he deserves from our fans.

[/quote]

Andy Cole, Shearer & Defoe hold the Premiership record with 5 goals. Quite a few players have now scored 4 in a game inc Fat Frank on Sat.
[/quote]

STATTO! STATTO! STATTO!! ;)

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Edworthy returned with Derby a few yrs back and was applauded. Think Jarvis was with Orient earlier in season too.[/quote]

I clapped Edworthy before the Derby game (we lost 1-2), and then early on he scythed Chris Martin down with a terrible tackle from behind, got booked, and he got booed after that.

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

Did Andy Marshall not get a clap every time he has returned to FCR ?????????[;)][;)][;)]

[/quote]

Andy Marshall gets a flap from the entire Barclay every time he comes back, does that count? I can even remember him giving us a flap or two back as well.

[quote user="Longy"]Darrel Russel always used to get a ripple of applause when he came back playing for Stoke. I think Green would deffo deserve a good welcome if he came back to Carrow Road.

[/quote]I would''nt give Green a good reception,(although I would''nt boo him either).He slagged off Norwich big-time in the press after he joined West Ham.Dickson Etuhu I would''nt give the steam from my p*ss!Going back many years now,I remember Chris Woods getting a massive ovation from the whole ground when he came back to play for Sheff. Wed.

[quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"][quote user="Longy"]Darrel Russel always used to get a ripple of applause when he came back playing for Stoke.

I think Green would deffo deserve a good welcome if he came back to Carrow Road.

[/quote]I would''nt give Green a good reception,(although I would''nt boo him either).

He slagged off Norwich big-time in the press after he joined West Ham.

Dickson Etuhu I would''nt give the steam from my p*ss!

Going back many years now,I remember Chris Woods getting a massive ovation from the whole ground when he came back to play for Sheff. Wed.
[/quote]

In Green''s defence, he stayed for the whole of the season after relegation, and there is no doubt that the squad was going down the pan by that stage. The transition from Prem to Championship by us was worthy of criticism, very poorly managed from the top down.

Alan Lee oddly enough might get a positive reaction. Although an ex binner he was one of few to fight our cause at the end of last season.