Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Is 88 points by 5pm on Monday 5 April a gimme?

So Tranmere away on Friday, then Stockport at home on the Monday.

Two wins, to put us on a total of 88 points.  Even the most pessimistic of fans will accept we will be promoted, everyone is happy, job''s a good un, right?[:^)]

I bet that Lambert will still be telling us that we ain''t mathematically up yet... we will still probably need a few more points and another couple of games played prior to that.Still on target for celbrations at Leyton Orient as things stand though???

Yep, still on target for promotion at Orient.  The next 4 games, Tranmere, Stockport, MK Dons & Orient are all definitely winable.  Whether we win them or not is another matter, as we all know what a funny game football can be.

Anyone know what the record points total for league one is as ther must be a half descent chance of us getting 100+ points. If we win our games by my count we would get 106 points

I believe the maximum we can get now is 99?

Sorry, blame my tired state. What I meant to say is, our projected amount of points for the end of the season is at 99 points (based on how we have done so far this season), with us, on recent form, coming home at 98.

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Anyone know what the record points total for league one is as ther must be a half descent chance of us getting 100+ points. If we win our games by my count we would get 106 points[/quote]Didn''t Man City get over 100 points the year they won Div 2?  I don''t think they got 106 though.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Manchester City didn''t win it, they scraped through on penalties in the play-off final against Gillingham.  Fulham won it that year with 101 points.[/quote]Oh yes, I thought they lost to Gillingham and then won it the year after.  That was the final where Dickov scored really late on wasn''t it?

Hmmm, they did, didn''t they - the ref managed to find something like 6 minutes of injury time to help Man City along. Not that there was a conspiracy or anything!

[quote user="Smudger"]I bet that Lambert will still be telling us that we ain''t mathematically up yet... we will still probably need a few more points and another couple of games played prior to that.

Still on target for celbrations at Leyton Orient as things stand though???
[/quote]

The last time I went to Orient''s ground we won 3-0 and that was 35 years ago (1974-75 season) and we won promotion that season.

Lets hope for a repeat performance.

Who wants to guess this will be the story on Pinkun this week...NORWICH GOING FOR THE RECORD....Most points in a year in Div 1 blahhh they seem to take our threads and turn them into stories I notice.

I think the promotion party will start with the MK match. We will be guarantee 2nd by then as log as we pick up 10 out of 12 points.

Stockport should be comfortable. Tranmere is an intresting one. Usually poor but they did beat Southampton at home a few weeks back so not to be underestimated.

Anyone else feeling nervous about Stockport now?

Now I know that this should be an easy home win on paper, but who knows what will happen?

5 freak gusts of wind that send the ball shooting past Rudd into the top corner and we lose 4-5.

Another dodgy ref

Stocport allowed to field 13 players

Delia ending up in goal

The ref sending 3 of our players off

An Alien UFO comes down and replaces the Stockport team with the universe''s best football team without anybody realising

It was massive jubilation after the Leeds game but lose to Stockport (heaven forbid) and if Swindon and Millwall both win it doesn''t bear thinking about.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Anyone else feeling nervous about Stockport now?

Now I know that this should be an easy home win on paper, but who knows what will happen?

5 freak gusts of wind that send the ball shooting past Rudd into the top corner and we lose 4-5.

Another dodgy ref

Stocport allowed to field 13 players

Delia ending up in goal

The ref sending 3 of our players off

An Alien UFO comes down and replaces the Stockport team with the universe''s best football team without anybody realising

It was massive jubilation after the Leeds game but lose to Stockport (heaven forbid) and if Swindon and Millwall both win it doesn''t bear thinking about.

[/quote]

Just relax, we will beat Stockport [:)]

"it doesn''t bear thinking about"

yep, a mere six points clear with a far better goal difference - something I think we were all fearing last autumn

relax we are up, it''s just a matter of when and then how soon after we can grab the title

City1st - I''m surprised that someone that is so right says that we are up!

We aren''t yet but we should be alright!

We were never destined to get anything out of last nights comedy show that masqueraded as a football match, very freaky!

Thats finished, forget about it!

If we do the right things and the ref does as well then we should get 3 points on Monday!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Anyone else feeling nervous about

Stockport now?[/quote]

I''ll be nervous if we don''t see a backlash, because they look to be the perfect opposition for that. Stockport have 5 (yes, 5) league wins all season, 2 since October, didn''t score a single goal in March and only scored today thanks to a handball on the line by Troy "motor mouth" Deeney. Even then 10-man Walsall came back for a point. On paper it''s the biggest home banker you''ll see anywhere this season.We can''t mathematically relegate them on Monday (since Oldham don''t play) but they''ll almost certainly go down next weekend.Oh, and they don''t like Paul Lambert. Something to do with this apparently. [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvrw7v7KpTk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvrw7v7KpTk[/url]

"City1st - I''m surprised that someone that is so right says that we are up!"

I was trying to put a bit of perspective into our position. We are NINE points clear. We need ten points from the next SEVEN games to be absolutely certain of promotion.

That presumes two of four teams below us WIN ALL of their remaining seven games. Of those four, the two ''on form teams'' are Millwall and Swindon ..... who conveniently play each other on the last day !

If we lose at home to Stockport, so what ? we will still be a minimum of six points ahead - with 6 games to get those ten points in.

Travel back a few weeks and were were not this far ahead. So we are in a better position now than we were then - with fewer games for others to catch us.

rev you up that ole bus, bor

I don''t get to carra often from where I am living......however come on calm our skins down we ARE going up.......wewill beat Stockport, Gilligham, Orient, Carlisle and franchise FC ........I''m an older bugger our shorts should be black!! ...its next year Im tinking about!!