Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

Contracts expiring this summer

Just out of interest does anybody know who''s contracts are expiring this summer? Im pretty sure Doc and Russells are both up in the summer. Hopefully both will re sign but Russell was pretty intent on leaving during the summer so you do wonder if someone comes in for him again he may go although obviously we should be in the championship next year which should improve our chances of retaining him. You would think Doc will stay although you have to remember Lambert wanted him out of the club when he first came in and this could still be at the back of his mind?

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Just out of interest does anybody know who''s contracts are expiring this summer? Im pretty sure Doc and Russells are both up in the summer. Hopefully both will re sign but Russell was pretty intent on leaving during the summer so you do wonder if someone comes in for him again he may go although obviously we should be in the championship next year which should improve our chances of retaining him. You would think Doc will stay although you have to remember Lambert wanted him out of the club when he first came in and this could still be at the back of his mind?
[/quote]

Russell being intent on leaving was largely a product of Roeder being a buffoon and Gunn carrying on with it wasn''t it? Roeder had Rusty upfront at the start of the season, and then Gunn froze him out so he didn''t have much choice.

I think he''ll stay, it''s pretty clear that he''ll be a major part of our team next year. His talent has never been in question and under Lambo''s guidance I predict he''ll be an excellent player next year.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Just out of interest does anybody know who''s contracts are expiring this summer? Im pretty sure Doc and Russells are both up in the summer. Hopefully both will re sign but Russell was pretty intent on leaving during the summer so you do wonder if someone comes in for him again he may go although obviously we should be in the championship next year which should improve our chances of retaining him. You would think Doc will stay although you have to remember Lambert wanted him out of the club when he first came in and this could still be at the back of his mind?
[/quote]

Russell being intent on leaving was largely a product of Roeder being a buffoon and Gunn carrying on with it wasn''t it? Roeder had Rusty upfront at the start of the season, and then Gunn froze him out so he didn''t have much choice.

I think he''ll stay, it''s pretty clear that he''ll be a major part of our team next year. His talent has never been in question and under Lambo''s guidance I predict he''ll be an excellent player next year.

[/quote]

I thought Russell wanting to leave was more to do with not wanting to play in League 1. To be fair to Gunn he interviewed the players after the end of the season and it seemed that Russell was one of those who didnt at the time fancy it. I guess if we go up he might be willing to re-sign, but i dont think it''s fair to blame Gunn for this one, it was only once Lambert came in and a move didnt materialise to another club that Russell got his head together and started to prove that at this level he is a very good player.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Just out of interest does anybody know who''s contracts are expiring this summer? Im pretty sure Doc and Russells are both up in the summer. Hopefully both will re sign but Russell was pretty intent on leaving during the summer so you do wonder if someone comes in for him again he may go although obviously we should be in the championship next year which should improve our chances of retaining him. You would think Doc will stay although you have to remember Lambert wanted him out of the club when he first came in and this could still be at the back of his mind?[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought Russell wanting to leave was more to do with not wanting to play in League 1. To be fair to Gunn he interviewed the players after the end of the season and it seemed that Russell was one of those who didnt at the time fancy it. I guess if we go up he might be willing to re-sign, but i dont think it''s fair to blame Gunn for this one, it was only once Lambert came in and a move didnt materialise to another club that Russell got his head together and started to prove that at this level he is a very good player.

[/quote]And actually if anything Gunn is the reason Russell is still here. We had recieved bids for him rumoured to be up to around £500k but Gunn said no and held out for more knowing that he was worth more. After that no rumours raised their ugly heads so either a higher bid was never recieved or Lamberts arrival changed Russells mind. Having said that there were three of them in the same boat - Hoolahan, Russell and Doherty. Hoolahan sounds like he was being pushed out of the door at the time although some accounts have it as being a struggle between Gunn and the then board with Gunn wanting to keep him.

I expect Doc to go - I think he worries Lambert and he will be found out (again) at Championship level. Whitbread to replace him - with another centre half to sign. Nelson or Akou as the other? Difficult to predict.

Russell is a keep unless someone tires to nick him - it won''t be a Prem team but one of the relegated teams would have him as a scrapper to get them back up - but does he want to go if the chance comes?

• Whitbread - no experience in the Champiomship, frequently injured and didn''t set the world on fire in the odd appearance when he hasn''t been crocked.
  • The Doc - selected constantly since he moved to NCFC, POTS, solid as a rock this season
Not knocking Whitbread, he deserves more of a chance, but I know who I''d pick - and I think Lambert will too.

[/quote]

Mine''s up on Canary Player

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

I expect Doc to go - I think he worries Lambert

[/quote]

lol!

What makes you think that?

Afterall, the Doc has played more games than any other defender this season and he takes over the captains armband when Holty is unavailable.

All the telltale signs that the manager is worried by him.

Doc has no pace and is more of rugby player - holds on too much and struggles against championship standard strikers.. too small as well.

Its obvious the coaching staff rate Whitbread from Crooks comments last week. I can''t help but feel Doc has the potential to be a weak link.

But you can''t fault him for effort.

Doc has no pace and is more of rugby player - holds on too much and struggles against championship standard strikers.. too small as well.

Its obvious the coaching staff rate Whitbread from Crooks comments last week. I can''t help but feel Doc has the potential to be a weak link.

[/quote]

Is this a wind up? Whitbread is injured yet again ( injured last night ) has now managed 3 whole games in nearly a year. Docherty is quite clearly rated by Lambert where as Askou is possibly not. Assumeing Doc comes in the top 3 for our player of the year - could well win it - Is named in the league 1 team of the year - almost certain has been in the weekly team more than anyother player in the league - and gets in the nominations for league 1 player of the season best we get rid of all our players rapidly because they must really be s**t. He is the 2nd tallest defender we have 2cms shorter than Askou. Based on your theory Hoolahan out and Messi to be told he cant play anymore. When was the last time you saw him play? Give the guy a break he now plays under a proper manager. Should he leave due to the ongoing slateing the only club to lose out will be us as at present he will be out of contract. With a contract he is possibly one of our biggest assets.

This does not mean I think the Doc is a fantastic player, however without him this year for certain we would not be where we are now. And lets face it we owe him at the moment because in the middle of an injury crisis he could easily have told Lambert to f**k off when we had no centre halves left. At least for the rest of this season give him the respect he deserves and lay off him.

I think Doherty will stay. He''s been good for us this season but he probably won''t get any better offers.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Just out of interest does anybody know who''s contracts are expiring this summer? Im pretty sure Doc and Russells are both up in the summer. Hopefully both will re sign but Russell was pretty intent on leaving during the summer so you do wonder if someone comes in for him again he may go although obviously we should be in the championship next year which should improve our chances of retaining him. You would think Doc will stay although you have to remember Lambert wanted him out of the club when he first came in and this could still be at the back of his mind?[/quote]

[/quote]To be fair Rusty was absolute dog shite most of the time in championship. I bet if you had asked a lot of people over the summer if they would have sold Russell lots would have said yes.

Name

Contract

Adam Drury 

June 2011

Matthew Gill

June 2011

Michael Nelson

June 2011

Russell Martin

June 2012

Owain Tudur Jones

June 2012 

Stephen Hughes

June 2012

Grant Holt

June 2012

Jamie Cureton

June 2010 

Stephen Elliott

On loan

Gary Doherty

June 2010

Declan Rudd

June 2010

Wesley Hoolahan

June 2011

Michael Spillane

June 2011

Chris Martin

June 2013

Tom Adeyemi

June 2011

Paul McVeigh

June 2010

Simon Lappin

June 2011

Darel Russell

June 2010

Fraser Forster

On loan

Rhoys Wiggins

June 2011

Michael Rose

On loan

Anthony McNamee

June 2012

Luke Daley

June 2012

David Stephens

June 2011

Cody McDonald

June 2012

Samuel Habergham

June 2011

Danny Kelly

June 2010

Korey Smith

June 2013

Zac Whitbread

June 2012

Oli Johnson

June 2012

Jens Berthel Askou

June 2011

Jed Steer

June 2012

Damon Lathrope

June 2010 

George Francomb

June 2010

Josh Dawkin

June 2010

Thanks for that Harry [:D] So only Doc, Rusty and Rudd to worry about  at the moment.

That''s excellent.

Reflects a squad being built rather than one in transition. Great news about Smith and Martin as they like most likely to be two players that would interest others.

It''s also a measure of the faith players have in the club that they are not doing what Marshall and kenton did, although theuir contract to expiure without any consideration for the club that nutured them.

I don''t see either any obvious players that need to be shipped out as soon as possible. It bodes well that we have these months to work on or with the squad rather than trying to put things together in the summer. That again speaks volumes for the direction the club is being taken.

This season has proven how much worth a good manager and coaching squad is. I am exceedingly confident for the 2010/11 season. Lets just grab as much loot in the way of records/points/goals/trophies while we are here and know that we have had as much fun in a season, as we have learnt a hard, bloody lesson.

Because another season down here and I have to doubt whether we would have found the wherewithall to get out without a major transformation of our club.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
To be fair Rusty was absolute dog shite most of the time in championship. I bet if you had asked a lot of people over the summer if they would have sold Russell lots would have said yes.
[/quote]

But he is a better player in the defensive midfield role

[quote user="Harry"]

Name

Contract

Adam Drury 

June 2011

Matthew Gill

June 2011

Michael Nelson

June 2011

Russell Martin

June 2012

Owain Tudur Jones

June 2012 

Stephen Hughes

June 2012

Grant Holt

June 2012

Jamie Cureton

June 2010 

Stephen Elliott

On loan

Gary Doherty

June 2010

Declan Rudd

June 2010

Wesley Hoolahan

June 2011

Michael Spillane

June 2011

Chris Martin

June 2013

Tom Adeyemi

June 2011

Paul McVeigh

June 2010

Simon Lappin

June 2011

Darel Russell

June 2010

Fraser Forster

On loan

Rhoys Wiggins

June 2011

Michael Rose

On loan

Anthony McNamee

June 2012

Luke Daley

June 2012

David Stephens

June 2011

Cody McDonald

June 2012

Samuel Habergham

June 2011

Danny Kelly

June 2010

Korey Smith

June 2013

Zac Whitbread

June 2012

Oli Johnson

June 2012

Jens Berthel Askou

June 2011

Jed Steer

June 2012

Damon Lathrope

June 2010 

George Francomb

June 2010

Josh Dawkin

June 2010

[/quote]

Harry,

According to the player profiles on this site Declan Rudd''s contract doesn''t expire until June 2012.

You may also be wrong re Danny Kelly but I haven''t checked.

In addition when did George Francomb and Josh Dawkin get their professional contracts?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[/quote]To be fair Rusty was absolute dog shite most of the time in championship. I bet if you had asked a lot of people over the summer if they would have sold Russell lots would have said yes.[/quote]

But he is a better player in the defensive midfield role

[/quote]m to We know that now. I dont remember there were many of us demanding him be played there. Its a stroke of genius by Lambert. Obviously I would not sell him now and he deserves a new contract. All i was saying is that I dont think blaming Russell being on the verge of leaving on Roeder and Gunn is totally fair. Based on his performances last season I would have bitten Burnleys hand off for 500k.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

[/quote]

lol!

Afterall, the Doc has played more games than any other defender this season and he takes over the captains armband when Holty is unavailable.

[/quote]I think the Doc will go. He''s been top drawer this season but I think he''s found his level, also I''d imagine he''s on a fair ole whack and financially the best deal is to let him go. Lambert''s not a mug just as Worthington wasn''t with Iwan and Malky the last time we went up. It''s tough and a little unfair but thats football.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[/quote]To be fair Rusty was absolute dog shite most of the time in championship. I bet if you had asked a lot of people over the summer if they would have sold Russell lots would have said yes.[/quote]

That''s true. I''d have given him a piggy back to burnley for £500k.

But, as mentioned above, he''s a better player at the base of the diamond and under the guidance of lambo.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

I thought it came out later that Burnley had only offered £150k and thats why we turned the offer down.

[/quote]Possibly. Tbh I would have taken that, I thought he was an awful player last season. I am of course delighted he turned it round for us though.

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

[/quote]

lol!

[/quote]

I think the Doc will go. He''s been top drawer this season but I think he''s found his level, also I''d imagine he''s on a fair ole whack and financially the best deal is to let him go. Lambert''s not a mug just as Worthington wasn''t with Iwan and Malky the last time we went up. It''s tough and a little unfair but thats football.
[/quote]

And your replacement on a free transfer and low wages in the championship is ?? and this player needs to be better and committed. Dont also forget that if Doc does not sign a contract he leaves for free.

[/quote]

I can understand thats your opinion and its clear that Doc worries you,  but how does that support your earlier comment that Doc worries Lambert?  

I''m pretty sure Doc will get a new contract if he wants to stay.   People say "he''s found his level", but you''re not POTS in the Championship & then 3rd place POTS without proving you are good enough at Championship level too.  It continues to disappoint me that people who don''t understand football can''t see that last season''s midfield is the main reason we find ourselves in League One.On a less serious note, who thinks McVeigh will get a new deal?