Sign in to follow this  
Never  Blue

Trouble after game

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]PIPE DOWN, if you have done any further reading about this topic then you should know that you are wrong.... The police know as well as the footballing authorities that violence at football is something that they cant eradicate from the game completly, controlling something is a little different to eradicating it?!

Yes the Police give banning orders which extinguishes the violence from the stadia but after the final whistle goes is were they lose control, hooligans including our very own have been known to then leave the grounds and cause trouble in the oppositions city/town (Leicester). I saw this first hand last year whilst drinking outside Victoria Train Station, a group of City fans were attacked by Millwall fans.

I never said i am the World authority at this subject but i do know a fair bit about it, i had meetings with the Liaison Officer at Elland Road and spoke to a number of Landlords during my research and they both divulged that trouble on a Saturday afternoon is a common occurrence.
[/quote]

Errr...I think you can hold your noise unless you''ve become Mystic Meg all of a sudden...I don''t disagree that it still exists at present but how you can see it will never be eradicated from the game is beyond me unless the ''N''in NCFC4LIFE stands for Nostradamus of course!

If the government ban alcohol consumption on Saturdays, 16-40 year old males attending football matches and club history from football then yes i agree football violence will no longer exist, however this will never happen.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Narrow?

The first recoreded incident was in 1885 it involved PNE and Villa......Your claim of violence in football emerging in the 60''s is utter pish, the reason you have said this is people started to research and come up with theories behind football in this era. Violence at football became more documented due to popular culture and the media!!! In fact violence and football have gone hand in hand since the beginning of the 13th Century. So Narrow i believe not.

Football has been refered to by many academics as the working mans sport!!!

"I can tell you that the average Manure fan now is very different to the ones that used to frequent the Stretford End in 1975" What you have said her is equally as wrong, you see Man Utd travel away and it is filled with men in no color''s drinking beer and enjoying the same ethos as the men that did the same in the 70''s

Confrence football is slightly different than League football teams have less history and less fans cant compare!!

[/quote]

Were you around in the 1960s? - No, I thought not.  I am not arguing that there, historically, has not been violence associated with football - my uncle can tell tales of Millwall fans in the 1950s.  What I am saying is that football violence escalated to an unprecedented scale between the late 1960s and the late 1980s.  Since 1990 it has decreased significantly and this, combined with the all seater requirements, has dramatically changed the social demographic at football matches.  Whether you like it or not, football is no longer the sole possession of the ''working man'', whoever he is?  What I dispute is that what you appear to regard as ''the norm'' was in fact an unfortunate (often deadly) blip in the history of watching football.

Also, you obviously know little about Conference attendances and the number of ex-league clubs in the Conference to make the comments you do about that level of football.

[/quote]

"What I dispute is that what you appear to regard as ''the norm'' was in fact an unfortunate (often deadly) blip in the history of watching football."

Hopefully this might educate you a little further!! (note conference football is included parr 6)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/22/football-violence-hooligans

Risk supporters, as they are officially called, consider themselves tribal families who pass on the taste for fighting to their sons and grandsons, and will probably never be removed despite the continuing efforts of the government, police and football authorities. "The normal paying public wouldn''t understand it," says Wally, a 46-year-old who was once a prominent force in Birmingham City''s firm the Zulus. "We class ourselves as family. The Zulus have been together for over 25 years now. We go out together, drink together, go to weddings and funerals, and are in business together. We look out for each other."

The authorities, though, argue that the battle to control hooliganism and prevent a return to the dark days requires stringent measures. Dearden is sure the problem will never completely go away. "It would need a culture change. The minute we think we''ve got it under control there will be trouble

If anyone on her knows Andy King or any of the football liaison officers, they will confirm that there were genuine efforts being made by the Leeds firm and Norwich firm to get together on Saturday. Anyone who thinks violence in football is a thing of the past is wrong - its all about opportunity and capability. If someones up for it, it just needs the chance as per our lot in Leicester 3 years ago.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]FACT!!! pip pip[/quote]I think you''ll find that a FACT is something that has happened rather than something that may or may not happen in the future.  Anyway, I''m sure the 2:1 you got for your dissertation has done wonders for your career at TESCOs and helped towards paying off your student loan before you are 85.Pip Pip! [B]

Good guess on the 2:1 maybe your the next mystic smeg?I gurantee i earn more money than you and your (partner) put together!!Didnt have a student loan!!

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Good guess on the 2:1 maybe your the next mystic smeg?

I gurantee i earn more money than you and your (partner) put together!!

Didnt have a student loan!!
[/quote]

Christ....a 1980s throwback....LOADSAMONEY......bosh bosh  schum!