Sign in to follow this  
Never  Blue

Trouble after game

i think the FA should take a VERY hard line on this.. any club who''s fans cause trouble on the scale that Leeds do should be hit with a 30 point deduction. no ifs, no buts! might make fans think before they act or clubs take a tougher line on the hooligan element.

"My Wife and son were abused  and I was threatened as I left the ground,walking around the back of the Barclay just by the Holiday Inn. A group of half a dozen pissed fat bast@rds who had all I imagine just come out of the ground, that wouldnt have happened to us  or many others if the fans had been  held back, even just for 15mins while the Norwichb support made it`s way from the ground. For me it`s a no brainer, for the sake of a small inconvenience to the away support a lot of problems could have been avoided. "

Exactly that''s my main gripe, normal supporters with wives and kids can get away quickly before the Leeds fans are let out, and yes 15 mins would be sufficent or even just 10 mins

I would have a decent guess and assume that''s what they wanted to do but just didn''t have the man power or facilities to keep them in and one decent push by the leeds fans and the decision was made to let thenm go rather than have a confontation with the Leeds fans in the ground or perhaps a crush was potentially going to happen.

[quote user="Del boy"]

"My Wife and son were abused  and I was threatened as I left the ground,walking around the back of the Barclay just by the Holiday Inn. A group of half a dozen pissed fat bast@rds who had all I imagine just come out of the ground, that wouldnt have happened to us  or many others if the fans had been  held back, even just for 15mins while the Norwichb support made it`s way from the ground. For me it`s a no brainer, for the sake of a small inconvenience to the away support a lot of problems could have been avoided. "

Exactly that''s my main gripe, normal supporters with wives and kids can get away quickly before the Leeds fans are let out, and yes 15 mins would be sufficent or even just 10 mins

I would have a decent guess and assume that''s what they wanted to do but just didn''t have the man power or facilities to keep them in and one decent push by the leeds fans and the decision was made to let thenm go rather than have a confontation with the Leeds fans in the ground or perhaps a crush was potentially going to happen.

[/quote]

Suggest you email Tilly of NCISA who has asked people to email him if they were involved in any incidents J.TILSON@SKY.COM

[quote user="Del boy"]

[/quote]

It wasn''t our board of Directors mistaking you for Leeds fan''s, was it? [:P]

In all seriousness, I cannot understand why the Leeds support weren''t kept back? It definitely was a no-brainer after the nature of the build-up and the result....I suppose once the Leeds fans were out of the stadium, they were not NCFCs problem?

Curiously (or not) Smudger has gone rather quiet over his recent ''conversation'' with two policeman about the club being responsible for the level of policing.

Nor has he aded anything about the club paying for "horses in the City last Saturday or Terretorial Units".

I wonder why. Perhaps some might think that he could ''of'' made them up.

[quote user="City1st"]Curiously (or not) Smudger has gone rather quiet over his recent ''conversation'' with two policeman about the club being responsible for the level of policing.

Nor has he aded anything about the club paying for "horses in the City last Saturday or Terretorial Units".

I wonder why. Perhaps some might think that he could ''of'' made them up.[/quote]Not at all.  Must you jump to such conclusions?I have nothing further to add until I hear from the police again so will maybe have further news later this week.  It will be interesting to hear what they have to say and regardless of what funding may or may not of come from the club there will be no excuse if they fail to act on what some of their officers should have witnessed with regards to what happened with the situation I was involved with on 27th March.

City First I haven’t conveniently overlooked anything. I haven’t suggested that the Police should operate a system whereby a certain few were allowed out while the miscreants are held back. That would be ridiculous and unworkable. What I believe many of you are overlooking is that the type of behaviour we witnessed at the Leeds game shouldn’t be acceptable just because it was before and after a football match. Why should yobs who attack, threaten and abuse innocent men women and children get special treatment from the law because apparently it’s acceptable to hide behind their football fan status? If these things happened before and after another activity wouldn’t the miscreants be arrested, charged and punished for their behaviour? What about you people who were on the receiving end of this disgraceful behaviour - did you report it to the police? I know someone whose family was abused in this way and they didn’t report it. They kind of accepted it as if it was part and parcel of football. I believe that’s ridiculous. If the same thing happened outside the cinema after a film folk would report it and expect something to be done. So if the answer to all of this is to keep all the away fans in the ground for 20 minutes after the game what happens then? What if someone didn’t get away quick enough and still got attacked or abused or threatened? Does it become their fault because they were given 20 minutes to get out of the way?

Too many people seem to want to use this thread to blame anyone except those responsible. Posters who don’t like the club are blaming the club. Posters who don’t like the Police are blaming the police. I believe it’s in all our interests to blame those responsible which in this case was undoubtedly the Leeds fans. Not to do so is a dangerous road to take. We should learn from what’s happened in the past. The more detached people are from football the less they differentiate between clubs. It eventually gets to the point where the actions of the few are viewed as a football problem.We get comments like “We don’t get all this with other sports” and for those who know no better all football fans get tarnished with the same brush. We have been here before and ended up with all English clubs being banned from Europe. Norwich fans were punished for the actions of others. It’s in all our interests to ensure the miscreants are caught and punished rather than innocent people being treated the same as them.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Del boy"]

[/quote]

Suggest you email Tilly of NCISA who has asked people to email him if they were involved in any incidents J.TILSON@SKY.COM

[/quote]

I have mailled the Chief Exec, will let you know what he says!

Been a couple of days since there was any movement on this, and definitely nothing in any of the papers or websites still.Anyone have anything to report?  Don''t really want this one to die a death when there seemed to be so many affected...

Too many people seem to want to use this thread to blame anyone except those responsible. Posters who don’t like the club are blaming the club. Posters who don’t like the Police are blaming the police. I believe it’s in all our interests to blame those responsible which in this case was undoubtedly the Leeds fans.

So Nutty, isnt it the polices job, to err well police???....as in polce the Leeds fans??? That is their job after all. Ive read various stories, barely any blaming the club, kids and women spat at, people asking police to help but told it would make things worse etc etc.....

Blimey, those fence splinters must be a pain to get out of your arse Nutty. Maybe you should try sitting on something else???

Well I am still awaiting a call back from Norfolk''s finest that was promised just after the Easter break Arthur.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Too many people seem to want to use this thread to blame anyone except those responsible. Posters who don’t like the club are blaming the club. Posters who don’t like the Police are blaming the police. I believe it’s in all our interests to blame those responsible which in this case was undoubtedly the Leeds fans. So Nutty, isnt it the polices job, to err well police???....as in polce the Leeds fans??? That is their job after all. Ive read various stories, barely any blaming the club, kids and women spat at, people asking police to help but told it would make things worse etc etc..... Blimey, those fence splinters must be a pain to get out of your arse Nutty. Maybe you should try sitting on something else???[/quote]

Tell you what Arthur, I couldn''t be any less on the fence over this. I am totally against classing all fans as thugs and hooligans. But you can do what you like mate. It''s because of this attitude that decent fans were caged and treated like scum in the 70''s and 80''s. It was because of this attitude that our club was banned from Europe. It''s time that the decent law abiding football fans stood up for their rights.

At your age my friend I''d stop keep hopping from one side of the fence to the other and find a place you are comfortable.

Where do i fence hop then splinter arse???

I blame the police not the club as I have heard so many stories about people asking the police for help, and they stood by and done nothing.

Just because I dont like Delia and MWJ im not going to blame them for the sake of it.

You can accuse me of many things but i always stick tomy opnion.

Yes a minority of fans misbehaved but the polices job is to police.

If you were a paid carpenter, wouldnt you be expected to do a bit of carpentry???

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i think the FA should take a VERY hard line on this.. any club who''s fans cause trouble on the scale that Leeds do should be hit with a 30 point deduction. no ifs, no buts! might make fans think before they act or clubs take a tougher line on the hooligan element.

[/quote]I''m gonna stick my neck out here. What about when the Norwich guys reaked havok in Leicester a few years ago? [*-)]I agree something should be done, but that would never work.

Brendon. You and most others on here do not know the FACTS of that day so please don''t asume things. The fact 3 of the blokes had their convictions overturned on release seems to miss a lot of people''s opinions of what happened. Oh and Leicester police got their wrists slapped for sending the city lads to the centre when they wanted to go back to the station. If i ever get attacked from a pub for no reason,which they did,and I''ve seen the cctv, I''d be happy to have these lads with me.

You''re right, I don''t know exactly what happened. But obviously it wasn''t nice. I read that they threw bricks + bottles at people, whether this is true or not is another question. But you know what I mean? That would end up in alot of teams having -30 points, and there''s the big point of being able to prove it. Most violence may not be on CCTV. I do still think something should be done about it, what this is I don''t know.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Where do i fence hop then splinter arse??? I blame the police not the club as I have heard so many stories about people asking the police for help, and they stood by and done nothing. Just because I dont like Delia and MWJ im not going to blame them for the sake of it. You can accuse me of many things but i always stick tomy opnion. Yes a minority of fans misbehaved but the polices job is to police. If you were a paid carpenter, wouldnt you be expected to do a bit of carpentry???[/quote]

Where does this have anything to do with what I have posted on this thread Arthur? But just to clarify once again, the yobbish behaviour from what was a minority of Leeds fans is unnacceptable. But in my view it''s dangerous to accept such things as part of football and make allowances for them. Keeping all Leeds fans in for 30 minutes after the game, there by tarring all of them with the same brush, is not the answer to the problem. Why should innocent fans pay the same price as the yobs? At the end of the day all of football gets a bad name for the actions of the few.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Del boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have mailled the Chief Exec, will let you know what he says!

[/quote]

Have had a letter from Chief Exec, says  he`s really sorry for what happened, things did go wrong. Leeds fans were supposed to be kept in at the end of the game but they were causing such trouble within the ground that the gates had to  be opened earlier than intended. If this hadnt been done there was a real risk to the safety of the polkice and NCFC staff within the ground. There is an invetigation underway  and they will implement anny changes that are required. .......    nothing new there  but I am greatful that he replied to my e-mail.  I do feel uncomfortable that Leeds yobs were let out, to protect police and our staff, so that they could then go on and confront my misses and son. In the circumstances thats probably all they could do, the important thing now is that it doesnt happen again.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Ha ha. This thread is comedy gold. Carlisle tried to keep us in the other night so we broke a lock and stormed the fence.[/quote]

No....did you really? I am so impressed

[quote user="wycombe canary"][quote user="batesout MOT"]Ha ha. This thread is comedy gold. Carlisle tried to keep us in the other night so we broke a lock and stormed the fence.[/quote] No....did you really? I am so impressed[/quote]

Being a Norwich fan, living in Wycombe. My word, you must have some stories to tell.

Wow.....big bad Leeds fans in ground smashing in a small city shocker..........jesus....you are honestly proud of this???........bet you cant wait till saturday to kick off with more women, kids, OAPs and disabled fans you big brave yorkshire plum.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Ha ha. This thread is comedy gold. Carlisle tried to keep us in the other night so we broke a lock and stormed the fence.[/quote]Thanks for explaining why league 1 is where you deserve to be.  Mind you, it''s not really fair on league 1.

Good luck heading through Millwall land on your way to Gillingham saturday....be such a shame if you were attacked by your friends from south bermondsy.........its called karma.....

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Ha ha. This thread is comedy gold. Carlisle tried to keep us in the other night so we broke a lock and stormed the fence.[/quote]And some Leeds fans wonder why no one wants them in their League ?It was always the '' Dirty Leeds '' moniker under Revie. The football may have been cleaned up since then but the Neanderthal fans just won''t go away.Don''t your decent fans ever wonder if it''s ever going to get any better ?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Good luck heading through Millwall land on your way to Gillingham saturday....be such a shame if you were attacked by your friends from south bermondsy.........its called karma.....[/quote]

Do you enjoy supporting your family club while creaming yourself about what a few Millwall''s lads might do? You seem to want to have it both ways.