Sign in to follow this  
Never  Blue

Trouble after game

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The gut"]

Bit of useless hearsay via someone who works in the ground but there was also meant to be several Millwall fans at the ground. I heard that this often happens (obvious really) when Leeds play in the capital, i guess we''re close enough for those wanting a bit of trouble. I don''t have a lot of faith in the police generally, and it seems like their football intelligence may also be lacking. Have I missed coverage of any of this in the local press? I''m not too up to date this week but I haven''t heard of any, which surprises me because even from what I''ve read on this forum seems to be newsworthy especially compared to some of the non-news they regularly rehash. 

[/quote]

Do you honestly think with Millwall playing in their own backyard on the same day in the middle of their own promotion push they would come 100 miles to the Norwich v Leeds game? As you say a useless bit of hearsay.

[/quote]

Well actually I do, and I think only fools would think that some "fans" are only interested in the football. Unfortunately it is just an umbrella to some, surely you''ve been around football, rivalries and hooliganism in your life time. We are quite a bit more sheltered from it at this club especially nowadays, but it does exist. As I said a useless bit of hearsay, but not beyond reality.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="City1st"]It is contradictory nonsense as you seem to be unable to grasp that if the police have the last say then it matters little what the club says about policing. That is pretty much black and white. Again ALL the discussion has been about trouble OUTSIDE the ground yet you keep putting up this idiotic guff about policing IN the ground. You claim there is tension between the police and the club. Please provide eveidence. You state that the club did not want any police at the Millwaal game. Again evidence please. You even contradict yourself by saying that the club''s supposed wish was overruled by the police - so where then, your claim that the club decides police levels and in a cost cutting measure they have reduced the police levels. How can that be ? Where is your proof that " cost-cutting this season which, on occasions, has resulted in customer (supporter) safety being compromised." Finally as almost ALL the trouble being discussed on here relates to incidents OUTSIDE the ground how could the club''s supposed low level of policing have any concerns in these matters. You''ve posted up snide accusations with no evidence. No proof of any supposed refusal of Archant to cover this matter being a result of one of their chaps being on the board. So why not accept that trouble outside of the ground is beyond any NCFC control. Your smears, without anything to substain them, are that, smears.[/quote]

Please at least attempt to understand what I have written. Where have I said that the Club decides Police levels? It is well known that the Club is trying to reduce costs and one of the things targeted is payment for Police services. How many times have you seen in past seasons no police at all inside the ground? How many times have you seen it this season? I obtain "evidence" by talking to and questioning people in positions of authority. I have today received a reply from the Chief Executive of Norfolk Police requesting me to attend a meeting where the concerns that I have raised will be addressed. Certain information I have asked for under the Freedom of Information Act is being collated. Clearly, I think you will agree, there were a lot of things that went badly wrong on Saturday. I will find out why.

[/quote]One of the things that went wrong on Saturday is the police failed to arrest a very drunk Leeds fan who about 2:20pm was walking from Prince of Wales Road around The Compleat Angler towards Riverside.  This Leeds fan who was from Norwich, threatened sveral innocent people along that small stretch of road, even telling one City fan he knew him and knew his line of work and started chasing him along the road, before trying to grab another City fan around the kneck and swinging a punch at him which failed to connect, before swinging an uppercut punch at me which did connect with my chin.This happened a few yards in front of approx 10 to 15 police officers and there was no retalliation from anybody towards this individual.  We were told by the police that they would prevent him from attending the match and that they were issuing him with a Section 27 banning order from the City Centre for the afternoon.  Surely it is then both the police and the staff on the gates of the away section at Carrow Roads fault that this guy did go on to attend the match on Saturday afternoon apparently?  They should be working together, but while there would of been zero tolerance towards any City fan who decided to repay this morons compliment and hit him back the whole afternoon the police were almost scared of the Leeds fans and their reputation themselves in my opinion.  Again this raises the question of why was this so?  Surely they should of had enough police officers on the streets to deal with whatever situation came up on Saturday.  We all knew the potential for possible trouble.  If they needed more dog handlers, horses, terretorials or whatever then why were they not there?I believe that it is because the club has to pay for this EXTRA policing and have it on good account this is the case.  Norfolk Constabulary do not even own a horse for crying out loud.  I suppose the Met let their mounted officers police the streets of Norwich for nothing in City1st''s limited opinion of Saturday''s events?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="City1st"]It is contradictory nonsense as you seem to be unable to grasp that if the police have the last say then it matters little what the club says about policing. That is pretty much black and white. Again ALL the discussion has been about trouble OUTSIDE the ground yet you keep putting up this idiotic guff about policing IN the ground. You claim there is tension between the police and the club. Please provide eveidence. You state that the club did not want any police at the Millwaal game. Again evidence please. You even contradict yourself by saying that the club''s supposed wish was overruled by the police - so where then, your claim that the club decides police levels and in a cost cutting measure they have reduced the police levels. How can that be ? Where is your proof that " cost-cutting this season which, on occasions, has resulted in customer (supporter) safety being compromised." Finally as almost ALL the trouble being discussed on here relates to incidents OUTSIDE the ground how could the club''s supposed low level of policing have any concerns in these matters. You''ve posted up snide accusations with no evidence. No proof of any supposed refusal of Archant to cover this matter being a result of one of their chaps being on the board. So why not accept that trouble outside of the ground is beyond any NCFC control. Your smears, without anything to substain them, are that, smears.[/quote]

It is clearly not worth trying to discuss this subject with City1st.

I had it confirmed by myself by two police officers the other day that the club is partly responsible for the level of policing.

ie - if it was decided/agreed that we needed horses in the City last Saturday or Terretorial Units then the the club would of funded that and not the tax payer.  If you would like to find evidence of this I am sure that it is available to you online.

[/quote]

Not disputing anything smudger but don''t believe everything you hear from coppers. Some of them are lying bastards!!!!!!!

[quote user="The gut"]

Bit of useless hearsay via someone who works in the ground but there was also meant to be several Millwall fans at the ground. I heard that this often happens (obvious really) when Leeds play in the capital, i guess we''re close enough for those wanting a bit of trouble. I don''t have a lot of faith in the police generally, and it seems like their football intelligence may also be lacking. Have I missed coverage of any of this in the local press? I''m not too up to date this week but I haven''t heard of any, which surprises me because even from what I''ve read on this forum seems to be newsworthy especially compared to some of the non-news they regularly rehash. 

[/quote]Well I went in to Archant a couple of days ago to ask why they had not run a conflicting story to the account given by the Superintendent fellow whose name escapes me.  I left my details with them but have had no call back as yet.

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="City1st"]It is contradictory nonsense as you seem to be unable to grasp that if the police have the last say then it matters little what the club says about policing. That is pretty much black and white. Again ALL the discussion has been about trouble OUTSIDE the ground yet you keep putting up this idiotic guff about policing IN the ground. You claim there is tension between the police and the club. Please provide eveidence. You state that the club did not want any police at the Millwaal game. Again evidence please. You even contradict yourself by saying that the club''s supposed wish was overruled by the police - so where then, your claim that the club decides police levels and in a cost cutting measure they have reduced the police levels. How can that be ? Where is your proof that " cost-cutting this season which, on occasions, has resulted in customer (supporter) safety being compromised." Finally as almost ALL the trouble being discussed on here relates to incidents OUTSIDE the ground how could the club''s supposed low level of policing have any concerns in these matters. You''ve posted up snide accusations with no evidence. No proof of any supposed refusal of Archant to cover this matter being a result of one of their chaps being on the board. So why not accept that trouble outside of the ground is beyond any NCFC control. Your smears, without anything to substain them, are that, smears.[/quote]It is clearly not worth trying to discuss this subject with City1st.I had it confirmed by myself by two police officers the other day that the club is partly responsible for the level of policing.ie - if it was decided/agreed that we needed horses in the City last Saturday or Terretorial Units then the the club would of funded that and not the tax payer.  If you would like to find evidence of this I am sure that it is available to you online.[/quote]

Not disputing anything smudger but don''t believe everything you hear from coppers. Some of them are lying bastards!!!!!!!

[/quote]The thing that I possibly don''t believe at the minute mate is that they issued this guy with a Section 27.  If that is the case then it is not going to look very good on them at all is it?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The gut"]

[/quote]

Well I went in to Archant a couple of days ago to ask why they had not run a conflicting story to the account given by the Superintendent fellow whose name escapes me.  I left my details with them but have had no call back as yet.
[/quote]

Supt Jim Smerdon.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="City1st"]It is contradictory nonsense as you seem to be unable to grasp that if the police have the last say then it matters little what the club says about policing. That is pretty much black and white. Again ALL the discussion has been about trouble OUTSIDE the ground yet you keep putting up this idiotic guff about policing IN the ground. You claim there is tension between the police and the club. Please provide eveidence. You state that the club did not want any police at the Millwaal game. Again evidence please. You even contradict yourself by saying that the club''s supposed wish was overruled by the police - so where then, your claim that the club decides police levels and in a cost cutting measure they have reduced the police levels. How can that be ? Where is your proof that " cost-cutting this season which, on occasions, has resulted in customer (supporter) safety being compromised." Finally as almost ALL the trouble being discussed on here relates to incidents OUTSIDE the ground how could the club''s supposed low level of policing have any concerns in these matters. You''ve posted up snide accusations with no evidence. No proof of any supposed refusal of Archant to cover this matter being a result of one of their chaps being on the board. So why not accept that trouble outside of the ground is beyond any NCFC control. Your smears, without anything to substain them, are that, smears.[/quote]

It is clearly not worth trying to discuss this subject with City1st.

I had it confirmed by myself by two police officers the other day that the club is partly responsible for the level of policing.

ie - if it was decided/agreed that we needed horses in the City last Saturday or Terretorial Units then the the club would of funded that and not the tax payer.  If you would like to find evidence of this I am sure that it is available to you online.

[/quote]

[/quote]

The thing that I possibly don''t believe at the minute mate is that they issued this guy with a Section 27.  If that is the case then it is not going to look very good on them at all is it?
[/quote]

Doesn''t surprise me one bit!!!! And I just don''t get what the local press is all about. Surely reports or rumours such as this is what they want to report and investigate. Ah, maybe there is a change in a WI meeting date they need to cover.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="City1st"]It is contradictory nonsense as you seem to be unable to grasp that if the police have the last say then it matters little what the club says about policing. That is pretty much black and white. Again ALL the discussion has been about trouble OUTSIDE the ground yet you keep putting up this idiotic guff about policing IN the ground. You claim there is tension between the police and the club. Please provide eveidence. You state that the club did not want any police at the Millwaal game. Again evidence please. You even contradict yourself by saying that the club''s supposed wish was overruled by the police - so where then, your claim that the club decides police levels and in a cost cutting measure they have reduced the police levels. How can that be ? Where is your proof that " cost-cutting this season which, on occasions, has resulted in customer (supporter) safety being compromised." Finally as almost ALL the trouble being discussed on here relates to incidents OUTSIDE the ground how could the club''s supposed low level of policing have any concerns in these matters. You''ve posted up snide accusations with no evidence. No proof of any supposed refusal of Archant to cover this matter being a result of one of their chaps being on the board. So why not accept that trouble outside of the ground is beyond any NCFC control. Your smears, without anything to substain them, are that, smears.[/quote]

Please at least attempt to understand what I have written. Where have I said that the Club decides Police levels? It is well known that the Club is trying to reduce costs and one of the things targeted is payment for Police services. How many times have you seen in past seasons no police at all inside the ground? How many times have you seen it this season? I obtain "evidence" by talking to and questioning people in positions of authority. I have today received a reply from the Chief Executive of Norfolk Police requesting me to attend a meeting where the concerns that I have raised will be addressed. Certain information I have asked for under the Freedom of Information Act is being collated. Clearly, I think you will agree, there were a lot of things that went badly wrong on Saturday. I will find out why.

[/quote]

As a matter of interest Webbo who is "the Chief Executive of Norfolk Police" because i don''t think that position exists.Can you tell us what info you have requested under the Freedom of Info Act. I for one am being blinded with science here.I have spoken twice in the last three days to Bethel Street Police Station and no meeting has been mentioned.

[/quote]

The Chief Executive is Chris Harding, his telephone number is 01953 424451 and his e-mail address is hardingc@norfolk.pnn.police.uk Wonderful things these web-sites! I have requested various things under FOI including items relating to numbers and costs. The meeting I am planning to attend is a personal one. Hope this is not too scientific!

I like to think that I am as loyal as they come - supporter for 47 years, two season tickets (myself and son), shareholders (me and my wife), go to away games, attend AGMs, etc, etc. But why oh why have we heard absolutely nothing from the Club on this matter?

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

As a matter of interest Webbo who is "the Chief Executive of Norfolk Police" because i don''t think that position exists.Can you tell us what info you have requested under the Freedom of Info Act. I for one am being blinded with science here.I have spoken twice in the last three days to Bethel Street Police Station and no meeting has been mentioned.

[/quote]

The Chief Executive is Chris Harding, his telephone number is 01953 424451 and his e-mail address is hardingc@norfolk.pnn.police.uk Wonderful things these web-sites! I have requested various things under FOI including items relating to numbers and costs. The meeting I am planning to attend is a personal one. Hope this is not too scientific!

[/quote]

Oh i see a civilian sitting behind his desk in an ivory tower known as Ploice headquarters who has bugger all to do with policing NCFC football matches.I will save you the numbers bit..... there were 80 officers on duty.There see if you ask people who know and speak to the football liaison officer and his governor it is simples.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh i see a civilian sitting behind his desk in an ivory tower known as Ploice headquarters who has bugger all to do with policing NCFC football matches.I will save you the numbers bit..... there were 80 officers on duty.There see if you ask people who know and speak to the football liaison officer and his governor it is simples.

[/quote]

I really don''t think the outcome of your private meeting will go down well if you then broadcast it on here either do you?

Tilson, your links with the police are blinding your opinion. Now if you truly do keep in touch with your old muckers at Norwich football intelligence { LOL intelligence} you would know that a large group of Mllwall fans from Norwich and surrounding areas, were out saturdday with Norwich.

Now Im no officer, but even I know there are hardcore Millwall living in Norfolk and around...how come you dont know this???

Dont know if you are trying to defend crap policing or you are just out of touch???

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Interesting angle. At least your interest seems to have been activated. Do you think 80 is enough? Do you know where they were all situated? How does this compare with other high-profile games? What was the cost involved? Perhaps "the people who know", i.e. you, the football liaison officer and his governor can save me (member 09/0785) some time and trouble. I am sure that Mr. Harding is a very conscientious man. By the way, I am not seeing him. Is it worth meeting with an Assistant Chief Constable or does he just sit in an ivory tower as well and have "bugger all to do with policing NCFC football matches"?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I really don''t think the outcome of your private meeting will go down well if you then broadcast it on here either do you?

[/quote]

Give me some credit - please !

[quote user="Webbo118"]I like to think that I am as loyal as they come - supporter for 47 years, two season tickets (myself and son), shareholders (me and my wife), go to away games, attend AGMs, etc, etc. But why oh why have we heard absolutely nothing from the Club on this matter?[/quote]

Forgot the most important thing - NCISA member

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Webbo118"]I like to think that I am as loyal as they come - supporter for 47 years, two season tickets (myself and son), shareholders (me and my wife), go to away games, attend AGMs, etc, etc. But why oh why have we heard absolutely nothing from the Club on this matter?[/quote]

[/quote]

Pleased to see you are a member so if you have read my posts on here since the weekend you will know that i have been active in trying to establish the facts and said that if a meeting is deemed necessary i will be seeking one.It is interesting to note Webbo that you are seeking a private meeting so why publish what you are up to on here if it is such.Surely the costings between the client and his customer i.e. Norfolk Police and Norwich City FC is a confidential matter so i will be surprised if you get that information.

I asked for people to submit there concerns and evidence via phone call or e-mail to me and i would pursue them.Fair enough you have chosen to do your own thing so to speak and i am certainly not looking for a war of words over this but you must agree that if people want to resolve their grievances banding together is maybe better than a lone voice.

Do not follow your reference to the Assistant Chief Constable.He was not on duty Saturday.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Tilson, your links with the police are blinding your opinion. Now if you truly do keep in touch with your old muckers at Norwich football intelligence { LOL intelligence} you would know that a large group of Mllwall fans from Norwich and surrounding areas, were out saturdday with Norwich. Now Im no officer, but even I know there are hardcore Millwall living in Norfolk and around...how come you dont know this??? Dont know if you are trying to defend crap policing or you are just out of touch???[/quote]

I was in Roccos as i am every home game Whittle(i will be rude as well) and saw just the usual Norwich "fans" so where were these Millwall lads?

[/quote]

Pleased to see you are a member so if you have read my posts on here since the weekend you will know that i have been active in trying to establish the facts and said that if a meeting is deemed necessary i will be seeking one.It is interesting to note Webbo that you are seeking a private meeting so why publish what you are up to on here if it is such.Surely the costings between the client and his customer i.e. Norfolk Police and Norwich City FC is a confidential matter so i will be surprised if you get that information.

I asked for people to submit there concerns and evidence via phone call or e-mail to me and i would pursue them.Fair enough you have chosen to do your own thing so to speak and i am certainly not looking for a war of words over this but you must agree that if people want to resolve their grievances banding together is maybe better than a lone voice.

Do not follow your reference to the Assistant Chief Constable.He was not on duty Saturday.

[/quote]

And no he is not involved in Policing football matches and has no input into the matchday operation.

[/quote]

[/quote]

The meeting is a "personal" one. I have always taken the view, rightly or wrongly, that if you see or feel that something is wrong, you try and do something about it. I have the greatest respect for Smudger (despite our difference of opinions on a number of issues) for getting up, visiting Bethel Street and trying to get some action. My experience is that if you leave it to someone else nothing happens.I assume that you do not have the answers to my previous questions (as well as the financial one). What concerns me is the silence from the Club on this matter. There was an announcement at the game saying that Leeds supporters were being kept in for a few minutes at the end. They were not. Do you know why? Has the Club been asked? If not, why not? The supporters deserve to know. With reference to the ACC, the answer is there. 

I dont care if you call me Whittle Tilson, obviously im more informed than you, which is sad considering im in my early 70s and you are supposed to be an ex policeman who keeps up sto date with affairs.

Like I said this just confirms thats the 2 words football and intelligence defenitly dont belong together. The police saturday were a joke and old Jimmy boy calling it a success just confirms to people who were there that the police dont know there arse from there elbow.

Despite the fact I despise the Leeds fans, and how some of them behaved, I think some people really are blowing this up out of all proportion.Yeah, a lot of them were wankers but that isn''t technically against the law, we had lads "giving it the large" just as much as the away fans were.If anyone was actually personally affected by a criminal act, ie Smudger, then fair enough, he has an axe to grind.But there are too many other people here making a fuss for the sake of it I think.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The meeting is a "personal" one. I have always taken the view, rightly or wrongly, that if you see or feel that something is wrong, you try and do something about it. I have the greatest respect for Smudger (despite our difference of opinions on a number of issues) for getting up, visiting Bethel Street and trying to get some action. My experience is that if you leave it to someone else nothing happens.I assume that you do not have the answers to my previous questions (as well as the financial one). What concerns me is the silence from the Club on this matter. There was an announcement at the game saying that Leeds supporters were being kept in for a few minutes at the end. They were not. Do you know why? Has the Club been asked? If not, why not? The supporters deserve to know. With reference to the ACC, the answer is there. 

[/quote]

PM or ring me on 07714216616 if you want to talk to me as i am now getting confused because you now seem critical to a degree of NCFC by referring to their soilence on certain aspects.I don''t see how the Police can answer questions you are now asking of the Club.Anyway as i say if you want to contact me you know how Webbo.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Tilson, your links with the police are blinding your opinion. Now if you truly do keep in touch with your old muckers at Norwich football intelligence { LOL intelligence} you would know that a large group of Mllwall fans from Norwich and surrounding areas, were out saturdday with Norwich. Now Im no officer, but even I know there are hardcore Millwall living in Norfolk and around...how come you dont know this??? Dont know if you are trying to defend crap policing or you are just out of touch???[/quote]

I was in Roccos as i am every home game Whittle(i will be rude as well) and saw just the usual Norwich "fans" so where were these Millwall lads?

[/quote]

Biggest load of bull ever! the only link with millwall is a guy,a norwich fan who i have argued with a lot,because of his politics,thou have known a while a brother knew him from very young,who because of his politics,knows a lot of undesirables from tower hamlets(millwall),and sometimes they spend time up here with him and his mates! ...Apart from is ignorant politics,and the fact he wasnt a nice bloke at football in the past apprantly,when you talk to him(as long as you dont talk polictics),he comes across as a okay guy..But when i bumped into him in squares recently,sitting with a couple of gorillas from norwich and a few from london,though still friendly,he aint my sort of bloke who i want to be associated with! ..But those grunts who havent devolped opposable thumbs,Dont live here and dont get involved with football!

[quote user="Smudger"]

I believe that it is because the club has to pay for this EXTRA policing and have it on good account this is the case.  [/quote]

Well, nothing like a bit of hearsay as ammunition in your never ending crusade against the Club''s owners is there? As I have pointed out before...

The police have historically only charged for "special services" - that is, a police presence inside a club''s grounds.

These are worked out at the start of each season when games are graded according to intelligence.

The cost of consequential policing - outside the ground - has traditionally been swallowed by police forces, and passed on to the taxpayer - be they football fans or not.

This whole fiasco is entirely down to the local plod, but don''t let that stop you flinging shit at Delia et al.

However you look at it, the police were only foccused on making arrests on Norwich fans.

This is easy paperwork for them as we local. They cannot be bothered to follow up some skin head from Leeds.

Mustachio Furioso, I dont know if this is a fact or not but I belive what you say.

Surely its the police who get games eg Ipswich switched to midday, also the so called football intelligence know what games need better ploicing than others???

All I will say about the club, is their stewards like Pedro should get the boot.

Police at fault not the club, the club announced they were holding Leeds fans in, but they simply stormed through the police un challeneged and left at fulltime.

The footy p[olice are a joke.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Arthur - there is one well known Millwall fan who hangs around with some of the Norwich fans.  Hardly a large group.

[quote user="Eadienhucks"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Biggest load of bull ever! the only link with millwall is a guy,a norwich fan who i have argued with a lot,because of his politics,thou have known a while a brother knew him from very young,who because of his politics,knows a lot of undesirables from tower hamlets(millwall),and sometimes they spend time up here with him and his mates! ...Apart from is ignorant politics,and the fact he wasnt a nice bloke at football in the past apprantly,when you talk to him(as long as you dont talk polictics),he comes across as a okay guy..But when i bumped into him in squares recently,sitting with a couple of gorillas from norwich and a few from london,though still friendly,he aint my sort of bloke who i want to be associated with! ..But those grunts who havent devolped opposable thumbs,Dont live here and dont get involved with football!

[/quote]

I Think i know who you are talking about...Intials PC?