Sign in to follow this  
Never  Blue

Trouble after game

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I''m from Dereham, and I would have been faily happy had Leeds have smashed it up, infact I would have paid them to do it!!

[/quote]

On because that would do so much good for the people who actually reside here [:S]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

May i just add that a sickening lot of Norwich fans were singing "Galatasaray". Now many so called Leeds fans were well below the belt yesterday but singing such songs makes us just as bad. Far to many double standards on here today.

[/quote]

Yes Arthur, thats much worse than intimidating women and children and shouting in their faces "f u ck ing swampy c * * ts"

[:|]
[/quote]

I''m not saying that bat all Morty. Ive said the leeds thugs were total idiots but you clearly didn''t see our few hundred "happy clappy, family fans" down Prince of Wales attacking anyone in White, and that included families, not just the designer boys.

[/quote]

So there were women and children attacking Leeds fans?
[/quote]

No Morty i was being sarcastic. We had hundreds of thugs out all old enough to know better attacking innocent Leeds fans all day. The fact everyone keeps going on about the Leeds thugs and are totally oblivious to the fact we had just as many thugs doing the same makes my blood boil. We have always had an element of hooligans yet some of our more naive fans just dont see it. Its hypocritical of us if we start calling all Leeds fans thugs and Northern monkeys. I often get called "racist" or "bigot" by many on here but it seems that many have a double standard and stereotype more than me.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

May i just add that a sickening lot of Norwich fans were singing "Galatasaray". Now many so called Leeds fans were well below the belt yesterday but singing such songs makes us just as bad. Far to many double standards on here today.

[/quote]Yes Arthur, thats much worse than intimidating women and children and shouting in their faces "f u ck ing swampy c * * ts"[:|][/quote]

I''m not saying that bat all Morty. Ive said the leeds thugs were total idiots but you clearly didn''t see our few hundred "happy clappy, family fans" down Prince of Wales attacking anyone in White, and that included families, not just the designer boys.

[/quote]So there were women and children attacking Leeds fans?[/quote]

No Morty i was being sarcastic. We had hundreds of thugs out all old enough to know better attacking innocent Leeds fans all day. The fact everyone keeps going on about the Leeds thugs and are totally oblivious to the fact we had just as many thugs doing the same makes my blood boil. We have always had an element of hooligans yet some of our more naive fans just dont see it. Its hypocritical of us if we start calling all Leeds fans thugs and Northern monkeys. I often get called "racist" or "bigot" by many on here but it seems that many have a double standard and stereotype more than me.

[/quote]Arthur, we have this discussion about whats morally correct all too oftenIf some of our rough boys wanted to have it with the Leeds fans, then I''m fine with that, as long as it doesn''t affect me then I couldn''t give a toss, in fact part of me is secretly proud that their thugs didn''t have things all their own way.But abusing women, children, old people and disabled people is crossing the line in my view, these people weren''t looking for trouble.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Yes Arthur, thats much worse than intimidating women and children and shouting in their faces "f u ck ing swampy c * * ts"

[:|]
[/quote]

[/quote]

So there were women and children attacking Leeds fans?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Morty ive just realised what you meant.

Norwich Women and children were not attacking families from what i saw but i did see Norwich "casuals" attacking Innocent Leeds fans both verbally and physically.

Fair enough Arthur, see my previous post though.And a very large amount of Leeds fans were outright abusive to anyone and everyone, I''m sure there were a few decent ones around, but the tarry brush is very, very big and justified in the Leeds fans case I''m afraid.

Had a couple of incidents in Wetherspoons before the match. Some Leeds fans got extremely belligerent about us singing Norwich songs. These were just normal songs, not baiting Leeds at all. My mate made a fair point that we are in our own City, so why should we keep quiet and not sing Norwich songs? The reply was ... when the trouble starts i''m coming looking for you. Just shows the mentality. There was a fair mix of Leeds and Norwich in there ... just one small incident could have escalated into something much more serious.

Their fans did appear to be of the ''lumpen'' persuasion, as opposed to the usual mix of families etc. I saw a heavily built bloke outside the Barclay before the game bleeding from the mouth, appearing to try and retaliate against a group of large lads. Informed that he was a City fan but I cannot verify this. Not sure how active the Police were as there were many of them just yards away but no action was evident. At the end of the game we were confronted with Leeds fans looking for trouble ''have a go you c--t'' and all that, again the Police seemed to act like this was normal behaviour. Made the Victory even more enjoyable.

After reading reports in the local media, and also speaking with friends who were exiting the Jarrold Stand, some of these Leeds fans are utter scum of the earth.

Why can''t they just deal with the fact that they''ve f*cked up their season, without starting fights with opposing fans. Pathetic behaviour by a club who think they are bigger than they actually are.

The chant "You''re all here to see the Leeds" - Are we? Are we really? Don''t think so! An utter disgrace.

Some Leeds fan squared up with me outside the Jarrold. I just told him I wasn''t interested and walked past. But I wasn''t the only one he did it too though.

Bunch of scrotums.

One of the things I was horrified with yesterday was the amount of really young kids ( 5 and 6 year olds ) that the Leeds fans seemed to want to abuse. My son who is 5 had one or two gestures made to him, but the guy in front of us who also has a 5 year old was telling us how his son was called a little b*****d and told his mother was a whore. If its any consulation he did not have a clue what they were talking about. There is also a report in the EDP about a 4 year old in Dereham being abused.

Maybe these scum think it is very brave abuseing kids, or maybe this is a tatic used by Leeds supporters to get a reaction from grown ups - very brave. I know the odd Millwall supporter comes on here, and I would bet that they would be ashamed if some of their trouble makers used this tatic.

There were so many incidents with the kids that I can only assume this is how the brave Leeds supporters like to intimidate the opposition. You should put your efforts behind getting a decent team instead. All these major commentators say that Leeds should be a premiership team, why so they can put all kids off football forever.

Leeds hooligan reputation is one that has not been earned in the right way.

Im not agreeing with hooliganism but there are some major factors.

99% of genuine hooligans, casuals, lads, whatever you want to call them will only attack rival ''firms'', not familys, or ''scarfers''.

You can say what you like about Millwall, West Ham, Cardiff, Tottenham, etc but they do generally only fight like minded people, with perhaps the exception of Wolves.

Leeds on the other hand have made a reputation of attacking familys, smashing everything in sight {how brave - windows cant fight back can they}. Leeds supporters actually seem proud of their reputation, despite its a reputation for going against all the hooligan ''rules'' so to speak.

Now im not saying hooliganism is right, but if one firm and another firm want to fight each other then so what - as long as no innocents are caught up. I know innocent people sometimes do get dragged in but this is frowned at and disgusts genuine lads, it doesnt disgust Leeds fans, they seem proud of it.

Norwich had close to 300 lads out yesterday, Leeds had about 100, yet despite those numbers, all the reports are that Leeds, despite having like minded lads to have a pop at decided to have a go at normal supporters.

Leeds hooligans are proud of thier reputation - even though the country despises what they do and their below the belt tactics.

They are not called the seat smashers for nothing. They would rather smash a window or punch an OAP than have it with lads from the opposition.

Leeds are a joke in the casual world - thee a good reason why everyone sings we all hate Leeds scum - and I think Norwich fans saw that reason yesterday,

The same Leeds fans who smash grounds up because they claim other fans sing turkish songs, are the same Leeds fans who sing about the munich crash, hillsborough, the Bradford fire - they are scum.

Leeds think they have a bad {good} hooligan reputation, this is not true, ask any genuine hooligan in England what they think of Leeds and nobody respects them.

Ok the odd club you get a few barmy beer monsters who will hit anyone after a defeat - however proper lads will have a go regardless of the result.

Leeds are proud to be scum, attacking anyone from children to pensioners and the disabled, they have been doing this since the 70s and wont change now.

Leeds have absoloutly zero respect in the hooligan world - if thats any comfort to you or not is another thing, but im just pointing out, that they think they are living up to thier reputation - well they are, as a scum firm, with zero respect.

[quote user="Dr Terrible"]Leeds hooligan reputation is one that has not been earned in the right way.

Im not agreeing with hooliganism but there are some major factors.

99% of genuine hooligans, casuals, lads, whatever you want to call them will only attack rival ''firms'', not familys, or ''scarfers''.

You can say what you like about Millwall, West Ham, Cardiff, Tottenham, etc but they do generally only fight like minded people, with perhaps the exception of Wolves.

Leeds on the other hand have made a reputation of attacking familys, smashing everything in sight {how brave - windows cant fight back can they}. Leeds supporters actually seem proud of their reputation, despite its a reputation for going against all the hooligan ''rules'' so to speak.

Now im not saying hooliganism is right, but if one firm and another firm want to fight each other then so what - as long as no innocents are caught up. I know innocent people sometimes do get dragged in but this is frowned at and disgusts genuine lads, it doesnt disgust Leeds fans, they seem proud of it.

Norwich had close to 300 lads out yesterday, Leeds had about 100, yet despite those numbers, all the reports are that Leeds, despite having like minded lads to have a pop at decided to have a go at normal supporters.

Leeds hooligans are proud of thier reputation - even though the country despises what they do and their below the belt tactics.

They are not called the seat smashers for nothing. They would rather smash a window or punch an OAP than have it with lads from the opposition.

Leeds are a joke in the casual world - thee a good reason why everyone sings we all hate Leeds scum - and I think Norwich fans saw that reason yesterday,

The same Leeds fans who smash grounds up because they claim other fans sing turkish songs, are the same Leeds fans who sing about the munich crash, hillsborough, the Bradford fire - they are scum.

Leeds think they have a bad {good} hooligan reputation, this is not true, ask any genuine hooligan in England what they think of Leeds and nobody respects them.

Ok the odd club you get a few barmy beer monsters who will hit anyone after a defeat - however proper lads will have a go regardless of the result.

Leeds are proud to be scum, attacking anyone from children to pensioners and the disabled, they have been doing this since the 70s and wont change now.

Leeds have absoloutly zero respect in the hooligan world - if thats any comfort to you or not is another thing, but im just pointing out, that they think they are living up to thier reputation - well they are, as a scum firm, with zero respect.[/quote]Good post, and will hopefully give people a bit more perspective.[Y]

Sorry, but all this talk of ''casuals'' and ''respect'' just makes me laugh... hooliganism has no place in the modern game and is one of the very few reasons why footy now is better than it used to be.  Seems to me that the majority of these groups are older hooligans trying to relive the old days, or their kids.  Hooligans are scum, no matter who they support - you want a fight, go and watch boxing.  Let''s face it, half of these lowlifes don''t even truly support their team, they''re just in it for the kicks - literally.  However, Leeds'' scum seem to be made of even more retarded stock than usual, by all accounts.  Would be interesting to see what''s in the papers about this tomorrow, or whether the Norwich police will keep things hushed up to protect their reputation...

Would be interesting to see what''s in the papers about this tomorrow, or whether the Norwich police will keep things hushed up to protect their reputation...

NORFOLK POLICE A JOB WELL DONE

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED28%20Mar%202010%2014:00:07:953

And just to add to what yellowngreen posted, there weren''t only Norfolk police on duty yesterday, there were police from Leeds too, as well as spotters and plain clothes

If you read my post Evil Monkey I clearly say I dont agree with it, I was just pointing out simple facts. I dont like it on any level. Ive known lads involved with various different clubs, as my work takes me around the country,and I stay at weekends and take in a local game now and again with these work mates. And when they talk to me about it, I really dont get it and tell them that. You will be suprised the people you know,work with, play footy with, who have actually been involved at some point in their lives. Little Billy no mates in the corner of the office, wouldnt say boo to a ghost, yet come the weekend hes a different person. My previous post was in no way agreeing with or liking hooliganism. Ive told them why not join the army if you want to fight.

All my post was, was to point out how low on the radar these scum are. Yes its a scummy radar, but they are at the bottom of the heep. I dont care for if these guys have respect or not I was merely pointing out to anyone who cared that they dont.

As for Norfolk police, who I blame as much as Leeds fans, for standing by and watching innocent kids, women OAPs attacked, keeping it hush hush, they seem rather pleased with their efforts yesterday. "A job well done" according to them. I beg to differ - please read, from The EDP -

Police today welcomed a job well done as their “most challenging” match of the season at Carrow Road passed with relatively few arrests.

There were sporadic skirmishes before and after the top-of-the-table Norwich City v Leeds United clash, but Supt Jim Smerdon of Norfolk Police said officers were “on top of the situation”.

His comments were challenged by some Canaries fans, who criticised the decision to allow the Leeds fans to leave at the same time as the home supporters, and said some of the behaviour they witnessed from the Yorkshire followers was “intimidating”.

One fan, who did not want to be named, said: “We sit in the River End and came out about five minutes after the final whistle. As we approached the Jarrold Stand it was clear the Leeds fans were being let out.

“No police were present and Leeds fans were picking off the city fans as they walked past. I saw a grown-up Leeds fans spitting at a 10 year old and his dad as we walked past.

“It must be 15 years since I''ve felt so intimidated at a home match. Why the police felt the need to let them out as they had just lost in the 90th minute is beyond me.”

Another fan, writing on the website carrowroad.net, said a woman and her four-year-old had encountered a group of Leeds fans in Dereham before the game.

He said: “A few of them walked across towards her shouting and swearing at her and the terrified little lad. On getting back to her car she had to spend 30 odd minutes trying to persuade her boy to go to the game as he thought he was going to have go through it again. Sadly that was the case as she walked to the ground right near Carrow Road.”

Supt Smerdon said: “It was a top-of-the-table clash that was very significant for both teams. It was always going to be passionate and Norwich scoring in the last minute did not help us.

“It''s fair to say that the game attracted factions from both clubs that we don''t want to see at football matches.”

He added that there were “six or seven arrests” and said: “There were some policing challenges. But we were up to the challenges on the way in and on the way out.”

Supt Smerdon defended the decision to allow the Leeds fans to leave at the final whistle, saying: “Holding fans back is a tactic that has to be pre-planned and needs extra resources. We have to balance it against the safety of the fans in the stadium.”

There were reports of confrontations between fans before the match on Prince of Wales Road and outside the ground immediately after the game, but he said the incidents were “very short”.

Police were called to Dereham to deal with “rowdy behaviour” after 200 Leeds fans arrived in the town before the match, with one coach breaking down nearby.

Many congregated in and around the Red Lion pub on Quebec Street, where officers were sent as a precaution in case of any trouble. But a spokesman for Norfolk police said no serious incidents were recorded and no arrests were made.

He said: There was some rowdy behaviour but nothing untoward was recorded and they all got back on the coach when asked.”

[quote user="yellowngreen"]Would be interesting to see what''s in the papers about this tomorrow, or whether the Norwich police will keep things hushed up to protect their reputation...

NORFOLK POLICE A JOB WELL DONE

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED28%20Mar%202010%2014:00:07:953[/quote]Yeah just read that story, hard to believe really considering what people are writing here... the comment about holding fans back having to be ''pre-planned and requiring extra resources'' made me laugh too - this is Leeds fans we''re talking about, with a reputation across the country... if Norfolk constabulary didn''t consider that there would be enough of a problem to plan holding the Leeds fans in, then their intelligence is appalling.  Sounds to me like they were a bit scared of getting involved in any incidents themselves - best to let the Leeds scum out onto the streets rather than risk a bit of a kerfuffle trying to pen them in for twenty minutes...

Nice one Jim, perhaps you would  like to respond to the comments of  fans on here and many many other`s who were threatened and spat on when they left the game. Particularly those incidents where your offices stood by and  totally ignored what was happening. They seem to have displayed a similar attitude as yourself, ignore the reality and hope it goes away! Unbelievable complacency!  

If you read my post Evil Monkey I clearly say I dont agree with it, I was just pointing out simple facts. I dont like it on any level. Ive known lads involved with various different clubs, as my work takes me around the country,and I stay at weekends and take in a local game now and again with these work mates. And when they talk to me about it, I really dont get it and tell them that. You will be suprised the people you know,work with, play footy with, who have actually been involved at some point in their lives. Little Billy no mates in the corner of the office, wouldnt say boo to a ghost, yet come the weekend hes a different person. My previous post was in no way agreeing with or liking hooliganism. Ive told them why not join the army if you want to fight.

All my post was, was to point out how low on the radar these scum are. Yes its a scummy radar, but they are at the bottom of the heep. I dont care for if these guys have respect or not I was merely pointing out to anyone who cared that they dont.

Morty understood what I was getting at and hopefully everyone else will.

So good you had to post it twice... [;)]Fair enough that you don''t condone it, and their fans really are a joke... the same point applies, however, to plenty of others on these boards who seem to think that this is acceptable behaviour and ''just a bit of a laugh''...

Thought it deserved its own thread, I suppose it just goes to show how out of touch they really are.

Might be good in your eyes Jim Smerdon but I think your paying public see it a little differently

Police today welcomed a job well done as their “most challenging” match of the season at Carrow Road passed with relatively few arrests.

There were sporadic skirmishes before and after the top-of-the-table Norwich City v Leeds United clash, but Supt Jim Smerdon of Norfolk Police said officers were “on top of the situation”.

His comments were challenged by some Canaries fans, who criticised the decision to allow the Leeds fans to leave at the same time as the home supporters, and said some of the behaviour they witnessed from the Yorkshire followers was “intimidating”.

One fan, who did not want to be named, said: “We sit in the River End and came out about five minutes after the final whistle. As we approached the Jarrold Stand it was clear the Leeds fans were being let out.

“No police were present and Leeds fans were picking off the city fans as they walked past. I saw a grown-up Leeds fans spitting at a 10 year old and his dad as we walked past.

“It must be 15 years since I''ve felt so intimidated at a home match. Why the police felt the need to let them out as they had just lost in the 90th minute is beyond me.”

Another fan, writing on the website carrowroad.net, said a woman and her four-year-old had encountered a group of Leeds fans in Dereham before the game.

He said: “A few of them walked across towards her shouting and swearing at her and the terrified little lad. On getting back to her car she had to spend 30 odd minutes trying to persuade her boy to go to the game as he thought he was going to have go through it again. Sadly that was the case as she walked to the ground right near Carrow Road.”

Supt Smerdon said: “It was a top-of-the-table clash that was very significant for both teams. It was always going to be passionate and Norwich scoring in the last minute did not help us.

“It''s fair to say that the game attracted factions from both clubs that we don''t want to see at football matches.”

He added that there were “six or seven arrests” and said: “There were some policing challenges. But we were up to the challenges on the way in and on the way out.”

Supt Smerdon defended the decision to allow the Leeds fans to leave at the final whistle, saying: “Holding fans back is a tactic that has to be pre-planned and needs extra resources. We have to balance it against the safety of the fans in the stadium.”

There were reports of confrontations between fans before the match on Prince of Wales Road and outside the ground immediately after the game, but he said the incidents were “very short”.

Police were called to Dereham to deal with “rowdy behaviour” after 200 Leeds fans arrived in the town before the match, with one coach breaking down nearby.

Many congregated in and around the Red Lion pub on Quebec Street, where officers were sent as a precaution in case of any trouble. But a spokesman for Norfolk police said no serious incidents were recorded and no arrests were made.

He said: There was some rowdy behaviour but nothing untoward was recorded and they all got back on the coach when asked.

"It was always going to be passionate and Norwich scoring in the last

minute did not help us."Oh yeah, really sorry about that, Jimmy boy...What a twonk...

err, no

This is already being covered in a thread below about trouble after the game - why start another thread ?

I can''t believe how badly prepared/resourced they were if they had not planned for the possibility of keeping the Leeds fans in. There were 2300 of them and given the current position and the nature of Leeds support I find this totally unacceptable. 10 mins delay would have made all the difference and allowed families to make their way from the ground in safety.

Does anyone in the Jarrold know what the announcements were to the Leeds fans during the game?

Im with you Evi Monkey, I dont think its a laugh, nor acceptable, just my thoughts of my encounters with ''lads'', and just trying to shed some light on this "world" shall we say.

Sorry about posting it twice, for some reason, it didnt show up as being posted on the thread. Dont know what happened.

From what I hear The Leeds fans were supposed to be kept inside the ground after the game but forced their way out, with the lack of police available it was safer to let them carry on leaving.

Can someone explain to me how that works?

The police were just as much to blame as Leeds fans for standing by and doing nothing to protect innocent fans.

Norfolk police should apologise to the women and children abused and in tears., not claim a job well done.

Leeds have no morals about who they fight with, and the police just stood by and let them get on with it.

I had a call from my friend a little while ago who went to the game with his girlfriend and their daughter {7}, and he told me a group of 9-10 Leeds were calling him a c*nt and his duaghter and girlfriend a couple of whores. When he stood up to one of them he got a bit of a slap. He told a nearby officer, who said if he got involved it would only make things worse.

Norfolk police are as bad as Leeds scum.

Norfolk police perhaps would like to explain to my friends daughter and girlfriend how exactly it was a job well done.

Did anyone watch the Leeds v Millwall game last monday?.......350 millwal fans kept inside the ground a half hour after the final wistle.............wasn''t sats game just as big as the millwall game monday nite?.....so why did Leeds police not care to mention this too our "Fine constabualry".......dont police forces work together? share info?.......dont seem like it too me.........perhaps if they had much of the trouble wouldn''t have happend.