Sign in to follow this  
Never  Blue

Trouble after game

[quote user="Malcolm Mawkin"]Yep. Norwich had a very good mob out today. SC didnt have an easy ride as they thought they would.[/quote]Yep all in Rocco''s, great turnout.

[quote user="Fellas"]I agree with all the sentiments on here. There was 0 policeman outside the jarrold straight after the final whistle (they were out by the holiday inn). An old bor got shoved by a leeds "fan" and it got a bit edgy. It was clear that the Leeds fans were being let out, I could see them leaving the gates. A couple of them were swearing and being abusive, policemen again just looking on. Cars were coming down Carrow Road from Yarmouth Road, causing more disorder. Quite frankly the police really have to look at themselves, a really shoddy job today. There has only really been two games where the police have needed to be active: Millwall on Boxing day (for obvious reasons) and today, and they did a bad job tonight. I guess all that money we spend on policing is value for money...[/quote]

Yer I saw a Leeds fan getting in peoples faces and trying to get a response and it was about to spill over just at the back of the Jarroldd and the police were no where they all stood the wrong side on the hotel saw a kid get spat at by a 40 year old skin head they where aweful policing was rubbish none seemed to no what was going on

policeing was non existant i only saw a few pushes no real fighting but the police there where acting like they where trying to look in the opposite direction as if they didn''t want to get involved!!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]

the response we got from the police was "WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO TO DO ABOUT IT"total disgrace, and to think my tax''s pay for that cr.a..p![/quote]But the Leeds fans might have fought back Canary Charge and those poor policemen might have got hurt. Now if it had been a bunch of hippies on a demo they would have steamed in [;)]

Not looking for an argument but would like to make a point.

A very large majority of Norwich fans were abusing Leeds, before, during, and after the game, and then you come on here and call Leeds fans thugs?

Now from what I saw, both were as bad as each other, goading each other from kick off, and in the city/riverside, and not friendly banter, goading.

Problem some Norwich fans seem to have, is they think its a bit of fun to take the piss out of away fans, yet if that away fan chins you, you start blubbering about it.

Im not saying leeds fans were angels, I saw them attack anything from genuine ''lads'' to normal supporters, but the supporters who are quick to call other fans hooligans are the same supporters who wind them up in the 1st place.

Yes its only a game, but if I walked into your place of work and started repeatedly calling you a wanker would you just sit thee?

Dont dish it out if you cant take it yourself.

And yes I am a Norwich fan.

I am afraid you are talking trash, and I know what I am talking about as a City fan who lived in Leeds for many years. They have a significant number of fans who are complete idiots, they were so keen to get in a fight they used to go to the trouble of getting tickets for the away end so they could start trouble. I know not all City fans are angels but as the police pointed out more trouble in this game than rest of season sums it up and to be honest who is more likely to start a fight after losing again!And its quite clear many Leeds fans hanging around ground hadnt got tickets so just come for fight

I hate to spoil the "little old Norwich!" Image,but we had our fair share of hooligans out yesterday and they were looking for it. Apparently hundreds were down near the station so stop this stereotype of Leeds fans and the name calling.

[quote user="CJ"]I am afraid you are talking trash, and I know what I am talking about as a City fan who lived in Leeds for many years. They have a significant number of fans who are complete idiots, they were so keen to get in a fight they used to go to the trouble of getting tickets for the away end so they could start trouble.
 I know not all City fans are angels but as the police pointed out more trouble in this game than rest of season sums it up and to be honest who is more likely to start a fight after losing again!
And its quite clear many Leeds fans hanging around ground hadnt got tickets so just come for fight
[/quote]

are Leeds fans the worst one''s,? look at next season we could have them Wetspam fans from Yarmouth here, I think untill the FA do the propper thing here and start to punnish clubs in the right way we will never get rid of the problem of violent behavour and I think the FA should deduct points as well as fine the offending clubs no matter who they are. 

Just came across this interesting article in the EDP

Was this evident at yesterdays game ?

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED25%20Dec%202009%2014:03:44:110

I was sat against the nets on Jarrold stand...It was hard to enjoy the start of game as I lost count of the number of Leeds fans who walked up the steps into the open...and first thing they did, was look at Norwich fans in Jarrold and call them C''s and show us how our throat would be cut. Lost count...20/30 times...There were so many elderly and kids along the barrier looking bemused and rightly, scared.Police arrested some chap and got attacked by 10-15 Anyway at the end of the game....There were policemen who linked arms to stop fans going down into the Jarrold stand depths, but they were rushed...and dragged down the steps by people above them.In the end there was such a violent push, they stewards and Police were getting crushed and looked like a superior ordered them to let the Leeds fans through.  Thing is, there was a middle aged woman who started it, and nearly crawled through a cop''s legs.Outside the Jarrold, dreadful atmosphere.  The highlight being a skin head trying to headbutt a 70-75 yr old with grandchildren. Bad policing sadly...not enough, no organization and not enough of a

presence. There were fights going on around them and they didnt do anything.  I think something needs to be looked at.

There were lads out on both sides yesterday looking for it but its also true to say that the demographic of leeds support is different to most and they have a lot of lads in their away following who are aggressive or up for trouble. They are the sort of support that comes to your city and thinks they can take the place over and most times they probably succeed. Very "in your face" type of fans who will walk right up to you and just start shouting leeds in your face. Absolutely loved mugging them off at the end of the game yesterday, especially when the Millwall score game through!

Have to say I thought the policing was shambolic yesterday. There was a real powderkeg situation when both sets of fans were walking down to the ground yesterday but all the police seemed bothered about was not letting us walk through riverside. They just sent everyone off down towards Morrisons and then all but about 2 or 3 coppers disappeared leaving a mixed group of about 300 fans to walk together all the way down to the ground. Were scuffles kicking off all over the place.

May i just add that a sickening lot of Norwich fans were singing "Galatasaray". Now many so called Leeds fans were well below the belt yesterday but singing such songs makes us just as bad. Far to many double standards on here today.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

May i just add that a sickening lot of Norwich fans were singing "Galatasaray". Now many so called Leeds fans were well below the belt yesterday but singing such songs makes us just as bad. Far to many double standards on here today.

[/quote]Yes Arthur, thats much worse than intimidating women and children and shouting in their faces "f u ck ing swampy c * * ts"[:|]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]I don''t see eye to eye with you often Whittle but reports of that really p*ssed me off yesterday! I hate that stuff. Certainly up for banter but chanting Galatasaray at Leeds fans is so far out of order.As regards the rest of this thread - I get the feeling that a number of people posting indignantly on here are actually enjoying it a bit sadly.

I would rather we had some handy blokes hanging around the train station. At least then they want to have a bit of rough and tumble and the oap''s, women and children etc are kept away from it

[quote user="NorwichCasual"]I would rather we had some handy blokes hanging around the train station. At least then they want to have a bit of rough and tumble and the oap''s, women and children etc are kept away from it[/quote]You''re brilliant! I think I love you!

My son and his girlfriend where verbally attacked and spat at by 5 Leeds fans........my sons 16 and his G/F is 15 ......how big of them.....but i had some stupid pissed up northern monkey take a pop at me near the cinema on my way back to the station..........big man he was..........i am disabled .......but it wont put me off supporting my team.........but i will always have a hatred for Leeds from now onwards............durty cowardly W*****S

[quote user="FCRude"]Outside the Jarrold, dreadful atmosphere.  The highlight being a skin head trying to headbutt a 70-75 yr old with grandchildren.[/quote]You saw what I saw. So quite frankly, there''s a difference between banter and crass songs and physically attacking an elderly person. What was worse, was walking just by the scuffle, in the middle of the onrushing leeds fans was a downs person and his carer. So double standards?

This was policed on the basis of not upholding the law but acting as the police saw fit. Ok in itself maybe, but reality both a danger in itself and for the people who were at the game.

There clearly was not the resources nor intend to deal with this had it been or or two isolated incidents. The police cannot claim they were taken unawares. Leeds fans have a reputation for being some of the most troublesome in the game yet here they were left to roam free without only limited constraint.

This could and should have been an event where football hit back. Financially there are millions in the game. It should not have been beyond the capabilities of the football authorities and the police to ensure that the THEIR laws were upheld.

How many Leeds fans were arrested as they tried to enter a football stadium whilst under the influence of alchohol ?

How many were arrested for being in the vicinity of a football stadium without a valid ticket ?

How many were arrested for violent conduct. For being drunk and disorderly ? For threatening behaviour ?

Contrast that with the lad being arrsted and banned for jumping onto the pitch side.

To police any event the police need the coopertaion and support of the community. That will be severely shaken after today. I can''t imagine how many felt extremely uncomfortable and frightened before, during and after the game.

How is it that other games enforce the rule whereby away fans with a known reputation for violence can only go to games by being bussed there and back. Tickets are only sold to members without related convictions.

I can only siggest to City fans who feel strongly about this that they make their feelings none. Report any action to your local police station. don''t expect too much in the way of the culprits being dealt with or even caught. But kick off and hold them to account. They were being paid yesterday - it is their job.

if you then Norfolk constabularies crime records will rise uncomfortably. Quite a few questions will arise at the next police authority meeting when the figures have to be given.

None of us wants this happening again. With City likely to face both West Ham and Leeds next season it''s up to fans to act now.

Normally u see familys and old people coming to away games, but to be fair i didint actually see any, it was quite clear there were groups of lads organised and ready for trouble! The policing was a joke and if they didnt have the numbers why on earth did they let them out! We walked up the yarmouth rd, and it was clear they were singling out old people and dads with there kids, hope they feel proud at picking on people who couldnt defend them selves! I hope we go up with the milwall!leave these northen monkeys were they belong! league 1

I was in the Nelson before and after the game, walking down and back to the ground.

Did not see any incidents either way.

Bit of shouting on both sides but nothing of concern.

It really puts into question what people go to matches for, to watch good football or to spend the entire time mouthing at opposition fans.

Watched from the Upper Barclay yesterday and was surprised at a few "older" "supporters" yelling, swearing finger waving etc at the Leeds fans, Language that was not impressive to the "families " that generaly sit in that area.

OK go with the language but what did they think they were achieving. Leeds fans would neither have seen or heard them (city stand end of Barclay) so what had they gone to the match for?

Violence, who wants it, well reading some posts on here several seem to relish in it. Why? Does it make you feel bigger/cleverer?

In my long experience it achieves very little at this level in the end.

If the police did their jobs as they used to then the people causing the violence would, as happened before, soon get removed and away from "normal people" to cause their trouble.

Football should be linked with good entertainment and passion not the EXCUSE for mindless stupidity!

we had a turn out yesterday and theirs rumors that this was a "proper turnout" from their service crewe. Im not saying that i condone violence but the two sets of thugs know what they are getting into. But when youve got 30 40 year old skin heads picking on OAPs and youn teenagers its a disgrace. A lot of them didnt have tickets SCUM BAGS.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Yes Arthur, thats much worse than intimidating women and children and shouting in their faces "f u ck ing swampy c * * ts"

[:|]
[/quote]

I''m not saying that bat all Morty. Ive said the leeds thugs were total idiots but you clearly didn''t see our few hundred "happy clappy, family fans" down Prince of Wales attacking anyone in White, and that included families, not just the designer boys.

[quote user="The Butler"]

I was in the Nelson before and after the game, walking down and back to the ground.

Did not see any incidents either way.

Bit of shouting on both sides but nothing of concern.

It really puts into question what people go to matches for, to watch good football or to spend the entire time mouthing at opposition fans.

Watched from the Upper Barclay yesterday and was surprised at a few "older" "supporters" yelling, swearing finger waving etc at the Leeds fans, Language that was not impressive to the "families " that generaly sit in that area.

OK go with the language but what did they think they were achieving. Leeds fans would neither have seen or heard them (city stand end of Barclay) so what had they gone to the match for?

Violence, who wants it, well reading some posts on here several seem to relish in it. Why? Does it make you feel bigger/cleverer?

In my long experience it achieves very little at this level in the end.

If the police did their jobs as they used to then the people causing the violence would, as happened before, soon get removed and away from "normal people" to cause their trouble.

Football should be linked with good entertainment and passion not the EXCUSE for mindless stupidity!

[/quote]I was in the Nelson before and after the game, and was leaving for the ground as it was all kicking off "verbal style" on the bridge.Never realised we had so many scary fans lol.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]Yes Arthur, thats much worse than intimidating women and children and shouting in their faces "f u ck ing swampy c * * ts"[:|][/quote]

I''m not saying that bat all Morty. Ive said the leeds thugs were total idiots but you clearly didn''t see our few hundred "happy clappy, family fans" down Prince of Wales attacking anyone in White, and that included families, not just the designer boys.

[/quote]So there were women and children attacking Leeds fans?

There is always a few pillocks on either side .

Find an empty fenced off area. Put them in and lock the gate.

Go back and scrape the bits up later.

Problem solved.

They get the violence they so obviously crave, and the rest of us can get on with enjoying the game. Simples.