Sign in to follow this  
Suffolk exile

Change a winning team?

Oh yes. We need Russell in the side tomorrow. And if he is fit Drury as well. No better time to get a couple of our best players back in the side. Had they been 25 plus strikers they would be in like a shot. IMHO they are the equivalent in their positions. Both decent Championship players let alone league one. Against better opposition we need our best players in all positions including defensive.

I seriously doubt Drury is going to start tomorrow as he only played 60 mins for the reserves this week and I know that Russell is one of our best players, and IMO player of the season, but who would you drop out of the midfield to accommodate him. I know everyone will say Lappin but that would leave the midfield very lopsided and would have to put Wes on the wing which doesn''t work.

Also I think Macca is undroppable ATM and would be very harsh to leave him out.

I''m just glad I don''t have to make the decision.

[quote user="Docs Big Nose at the Heart of the Defence"]

I seriously doubt Drury is going to start tomorrow as he only played 60 mins for the reserves this week and I know that Russell is one of our best players, and IMO player of the season, but who would you drop out of the midfield to accommodate him. I know everyone will say Lappin but that would leave the midfield very lopsided and would have to put Wes on the wing which doesn''t work.

Also I think Macca is undroppable ATM and would be very harsh to leave him out.

I''m just glad I don''t have to make the decision.

[/quote]the little wing wizzard has been a touch of class[Y] keep the winning formula i say...it can always be changed later in the game if need be

I take the point on Drury, it may not be worth risking him if not 100% sure he is fit. But Russell has to play. Something tells me that away from home against a side with a decent home record we cannot start with both Wes and Macca (perhaps this is just Worthington away tactics indoctrination though). One thing is for sure, Lambert will be enjoying the selection headache.

I don''t buy the drop Lappin and lose our shape arguement and if we played both creative wingers we would need both Smith and Russell in a more holding role.