Sign in to follow this  
TheNewBoy

I get embarressed by "Y'army"

I just have to say this, I dont understand how the fantastic "Yella Army" chant has turned into the cringeworthy "Y''army"..... Everytime I take a non-City fan to an away game I subsequently get months of them taking the ''P'' out of the strange incoherent noises. It makes us all sound like stereotypical canary callers..... and I get called a farmer because of it. Even my missus, a Northern lass, said that we have great supporters (a convert by the way), but never fails to tell her friends and family how it freaks her out when she hears a load of Norfolk accents making some weird noise....

I sing along at full voice to every single song away from home, apart from that one, it makes me cringe. I will probably now get hundreds of people slating me, I am prepared for that and willing to take everything that you throw at me, but I am curious as to whether anybody does sit and nod in agreement.....

*potential epic fail*

[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/14209195c6_thumb.jpg[/IMG]

Thers nothing wrong with the y''army itself but its just how often we sing it that is the problem.

We''ve been singing Y''army for years haven''t we? The fanzine of the same name has been around for ages. All together now...Y''AAAAAAAARMMMYYYYYYYYY!!!!

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]You think we have problems? Thousands of Millwall fans just shout OOOHHHHH!!! makes slightly less sense.[/quote]Its Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, but not that it sounds any better

I thought it was clever that we cut out the syllables by adding the '' to make it Y''army, rather than yellow army with is abit more of a mouthfull.

I am convinced that it was a little more Yella Army.... than it is now..... about a decade ago. How about ''Green Army''.... that would be alright, unless it gets changed to "G''army"

Forget it..... I must be having a slow day! Hardest away day of the year tomorrow... and I''m talking about a load of rubbish!

Yep..... Fail!

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]I am convinced that it was a little more Yella Army.... than it is now..... about a decade ago. How about ''Green Army''.... that would be alright, unless it gets changed to "G''army"

Forget it..... I must be having a slow day! Hardest away day of the year tomorrow... and I''m talking about a load of rubbish!

Yep..... Fail![/quote]I do kinda get what you''re trying to say lol.

g''army is what people sing to me when i tell them im a norwich fan. With a west country accent and thinks its funny because the avviva advert, just makes them look ignorent ;)

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]You think we have problems? Thousands of Millwall fans just shout OOOHHHHH!!! makes slightly less sense.[/quote]

Its Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, but not that it sounds any better
[/quote]

Thats because they haven''t evolved sufficiently enough to pronounce 2 sylible''s together

[quote user="City penguin"]g''army is what people sing to me when i tell them im a norwich fan. With a west country accent and thinks its funny because the avviva advert, just makes them look ignorent ;)[/quote]

I think that adverts great lol

Nope. Y''Army is unique. I like it.

A little bit more of that and less of the ''On the Ball City'' dirge would be welcome by me. Fine to start a half or at the end of the game with it but that''s all thanks very much.

If the past is anything to go by, the more success we get the better our songs become eg the McNamee one.

I agree NewBoy. We''ve a real tough one tomorrow so chants should not be top of our discussions. Still stops me getting too nervous and am now consulting my Good Pub Guide to try and feed the Bury Yellas!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I get embarrassed by unexpected erections in the workplace.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. Some firms seem to think that Building Regulations are optional.......

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I get embarrassed by unexpected erections in the workplace.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. Some firms seem to think that Building Regulations are optional.......

[/quote]

That made me laugh out loud... ...and yes I am simple

"but never fails to tell her friends and family how it freaks her out when she hears a load of Norfolk accents making some weird noise."

What in the blue hell are you talking about boy? What do u want people to do, change their accents!? YYYYYYYAAAAARMY!!!!

The Y''Aaaarmy is perfect. Whenever someone within earshot of me at matches starts needlessly moaning and whingeing about players i yell it at the top of my voice. Soon drowns them out when everyone else joins in [Y]

[quote user="Henry"]The Y''Aaaarmy is perfect. Whenever someone within earshot of me at matches starts needlessly moaning and whingeing about players i yell it at the top of my voice. Soon drowns them out when everyone else joins in [Y][/quote]Are you that noisy bugger in the Lower Barclay then? lol