Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

Lappin to be dropped against Huddersfield?

Obviously PL faces a big selection dilemna tomorrow with Darel Russell coming back! Does anyone else feel maybe Simon Lappin should be dropped in favour of Lappin. I do like SImon Lappin as a player but too be honest I havvnt been impressed with his performances as of late and I feel maybe he should make way for Lappin. Mcnamee has done nothing wrong and deserves too stay in the side

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Obviously PL faces a big selection dilemna tomorrow with Darel Russell coming back! Does anyone else feel maybe Simon Lappin should be dropped in favour of Lappin. I do like SImon Lappin as a player but too be honest I havvnt been impressed with his performances as of late and I feel maybe he should make way for Lappin. Mcnamee has done nothing wrong and deserves too stay in the side
[/quote]

Lappin was in the league team of the week last saturday

Doubt it,  he is part of the core that wont be changed along with the Doc, Hoolahan and Holt. The players in contention are Russell v McNamee.

I agree, we should make way for Lappin. Probably best to give Lappin a rest, as Lappin offers something else. He may be slow but Lappins crossing is quality and Lappin has the desire. Although Lappin has been a regular in the side, we could bring in Lappin as he is a team leader on the pitch. I''d say lets start with Lappin, and we can always bring on Lappin midway through the second half if we are struggling in the middle of the park!

I am sure Lambert will look at their potential starting midfield and make his decision.  Personally I would like to see Russell come back in to play in front of the back four with Smith as the attacking midfielder; and if we do want to attack and go for the win, then it would be Hoolahan and McNamee for the other two midfield slots.

[quote user="Largey"]I agree, we should make way for Lappin. Probably best to give Lappin a rest, as Lappin offers something else. He may be slow but Lappins crossing is quality and Lappin has the desire. Although Lappin has been a regular in the side, we could bring in Lappin as he is a team leader on the pitch. I''d say lets start with Lappin, and we can always bring on Lappin midway through the second half if we are struggling in the middle of the park![/quote]Yeah, but let''s not forget we''ve got Lappin up and ready, should neither Lappin, nor Lappin make headway halfway through the second half.

Oh, and lets be honest here people, Lappin may have a lot of fight in him, and he has a mean left foot at the best of times, but has he really been any better than Lappin this season?

Perhaps PL should drop both Lappins and bring on a member of the spanish royal family instead...

Shh, dont let facts get in the way of the nasty crowds latest personal target.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Obviously PL faces a big selection dilemna tomorrow with Darel Russell coming back! Does anyone else feel maybe Simon Lappin should be dropped in favour of Lappin. I do like SImon Lappin as a player but too be honest I havvnt been impressed with his performances as of late and I feel maybe he should make way for Lappin. Mcnamee has done nothing wrong and deserves too stay in the side[/quote]

Lappin was in the league team of the week last saturday

[/quote]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Hmmm, I like Simon Lappin but I also like Lappin - which one is better?   There''s only one way to find out.......[/quote] Blimey! He must have a doppelganger!

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]2 simon lappins..there''s only 2 simon lappins2 simon lappins..there''s only 2 simon lappins[/quote]God forbid... perish the thought!What are you trying to do?  Give me nightmares that will keep me awake at night???I would defo drop Lappin this afternoon and hope that not one Simon Lappin gets a chance to come on from the bench let alone two of them... [:S]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]2 simon lappins..there''s only 2 simon lappins
2 simon lappins..there''s only 2 simon lappins
[/quote]

God forbid... perish the thought!

What are you trying to do?  Give me nightmares that will keep me awake at night???

I would defo drop Lappin this afternoon and hope that not one Simon Lappin gets a chance to come on from the bench let alone two of them... [:S]
[/quote]

lol Smudger play nicely [:P]

Back to the diamond but with McNamee in his natural position on the left hand side, Russell at the base in front of the back four and Korey on the right for me.Still waiting for somebody to give some definitive evidence that Lappin offers much at all defensively.  How many tackles did he win in last weeks amazing performance that apparently got him in to the League 1 team of the week?Korey was man of the match to anybody who was clued up enough to see the merits of his performance and McNamee was head and shoulders above anything else in our midfield last week.Like I have said all along we have lost nothing defensively by playing McNamee and if he had played 30+ games like Lappin then he would have double the number of assists that Lappin has got and more than likely a goal or two also.Lappin can''t score, is not as creative as Hoolahan and McNamee and also does not offer as much defensively as either Korey or Russell.Sorry but for me that leaves him as a bench warmer at best if everybody is fit.

[quote user="morty"]Team and formation as morty predicted.[:)][/quote]Not difficult, it was the obvious move and Lambert is no fool.

[quote user="morty"]Team and formation as morty predicted.[:)][/quote]No surprises there Morty... no balls from Lambert & Co... expect to see us chasing the game with the likes of McNamee & Co on 2nd half!I am sure that Lambert & Lappin are having an affair.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"]Team and formation as morty predicted.[:)][/quote]Not difficult, it was the obvious move and Lambert is no fool.[/quote]Is he not Ricardo?He must be to be dropping a player who has won promotion from the Championship for somebody who will never play for a team at such a level because he is simply not good enough.

I thought that Lambert had balls when he made all those changes against Wycombe at home during his first game in charge.It seems that he has become as flipperty flop as Nutty Nigel recently though!